The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 15th April 2018
Here for the gear

FXs with lot of CVs. Analog. Than freez reverb. Next LFOs, ENVs, atenuators.. boring kits which are priceless. cases for normal price (no handles like arturia, which is taking space as ....). briefcase maybe. even massive one!!!
and... SAMPLER/SYNTH ala v-synth!!!!!!
and as always, thank you what you doing for us. i got no clue where you are amming with this pricing policy but i am more than happy with it. AND I WANT TO BUY THE NEUTRON FINALLY!!!
Old 15th April 2018
Here for the gear

Dear Uli,
There is one and only one thing I wish you (or some other genius) would make and market — because almost nobody at this point does (or ever will): a quadraphonic auto-panner/orbiter. A device to move sound around amongst 4 discrete PA speakers in preprogrammed circular, figure-eight, and/or random patterns. Optional to its basic panner/orbiter function it might also offer a mild doppler effect for sounds moving towards (or away) from the center. Mono input would be useful up to a point, but if the device could at least take stereo inputs (or even a few more) it would be wonderful. And, it would be especially brilliant if each channel could have it's own separate program (some sounds orbiting clockwise, others counter-clockwise, some slower, some faster, some panning in stereo, and others in a "random" pattern. Of course I can program all this sort of silly stuff presently in Max/MSP, but I am getting tired of relying on fickle computers and software to make creative music. Computers keep changing/upgrading and software support changes and often expires eventually. However, a good piece of well-made hardware is (nearly) forever. The modular synth market is not made up of traditional gigging musicians who go out on a Friday night to occupy a traditional pub stage or performance space to replicate radio hits. We're creating Sound Art, playing in art galleries, theaters, college music labs, open air festivals, lofts, living rooms, our own studios or other non-standard spaces where mere stereo might be just fine, but the possibility of something greater is exponentially more exciting. This is my 2₵ and sincere request. Peace! — TK
Old 15th April 2018
There will be no prize, ... but this news will not be the prelude to announce the ARP 2600 in Superbooth ?? ..... the dark gray color of the images eurorack that Uli has put seems to betray him, hehehe.

It will be a pleasant surprise
Old 15th April 2018
Its promising that with popularity, eurorack is more affordable. I'm concerned that Behringer will undermine the smaller companies by closing the market with cheaper modules. I don't know how intellectual property works in music hardware but it would be cool if they focused on new ideas & designs, not on duplicating. But whatever, the Neutron sounds great.

And what's with slamming eurorack? Would you rather see a cv/gate rompler?
Old 15th April 2018
If you are going to offer something new and different to what is currently being offered in the eurorack world then by all means come join the party. If you intend on just copying what others are already offering and you just plan on undercutting everyone else price wise then please don't bother.
Old 15th April 2018
Lives for gear

Old 15th April 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
What's the point.
A patched up mono synth is easier to use than modular.
patched up mono synth doesnt have maths!
Old 15th April 2018
Lives for gear

Just wanna say that i am more than interested in a affordable Eurorack system.
Old 15th April 2018
Gear Maniac

I know this won't happen because of the complexity and therefore a higher price,
but the coolest FX module ever...
Bode Frequency Shifter

Cheers!
//M
Old 15th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
What modules would you like us to make?
You know how to make inexpensive mixers. There are plenty of cheap 4-1 utility mixers but when you get into the more fully featured performance mixers with panning, mutes, and auxes, like the WMD Performance Mixer the prices are pretty crazy. It would be cool to have a modular mixing system where multiple modules can be chained together in the back with ribbon cables. You could have a master section, 4 channel buckets, maybe separate auxes that could sit on a second row above the main faders. Something inexpensive, flexible, and expandable that could serve as the main output from a self-contained modular system.
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex View Post
Here's the elephant in the room.

Eurorack is a fad, and we're approaching the peak of the fad with the introduction of cheap mass-produced modules. The industry moves in cycles (1970s mono synths, early 80s polys, digital synths and workstations through the 1990s, the emergence of softsynths in the 2000s, the rise of Eurorack in the 2010s).

Eurorack is an expensive and fiddly collector's hobby. A desktop mono or polysynth is far more practical than a eurorack system. Patching is fun. Step sequencing is fun. Having oscillators from three different companies is fun. But at the end of the day, my cheap $400 Novation Bass Station II with patch memories and a lack of spaghetti wires all over the control surface is much more musical, useful and transportable.

deary me...
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

A full half of all eurorack modules are basic things, not particularly innovative things, and are priced as they are because tiny companies make small batches.

There's no real benefit from hand soldered Mults, or expensive Mixers just because they happen to be euro format. Mixers have been around for decades now, they are known things, generally fairly transparent things, not intended to color the sound or impart unique character, and almost nothing new has happened in the analogue mixer world for ages.

In many cases it is an absurd waste to reinvent the wheel in these ways. The eurorack world *needs* some standardization and mass production of bread and butter basic pieces. A handmade, small batch, basic doodads offer no appreciable difference in most cases, wholly different from unique Oscillators, etc.
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Guru

If there's one euro module I'd like to see Behringer make is a proper euro mixer, at least 8 inputs, proper line level outs so it can act as an intermediary between modular and sound card, it could even be 16 inputs, the more the merrier imo, I always struggled finding one that had enough inputs and had a proper line level out so I could patch straight to interface. The WMD is nice but again not quite there and $1000 not really affordable.

Old 16th April 2018
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

-cases
-effects! theres a huge defecit of affordable and flexible multifx units
-very long shot: recreation of some 6-op fm synth
-midi->cv converters that can handle polyphony
-modules that pack it in, like the quadra or hex vca flavor things
-buchla clones, particularly complex osc/250 series and up
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

Uli Behringer wish list !

Hi/Bonjour

Wish list...
Is it possible than Behringer produce a board... Like the RANE MP2015 with a large rotatif button or like the Vestax R-1 Premium
And... Pleasssse
Is it possible to have... EQ Killer ! like the one that been produce by Electrix
Thanks you
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

Things I personally would want to see
The major Moog modular stuff , transistor core oscillators like the 921, and the 904 filter.
Buchla style modules.
Delay, oscilloscope, sample players,
I'd also love a impluse response processor that you can load IRs into for reverbs etc.
And of course some compact utilities like matrix vcas and mixers.
Some good sturdy cases are huge.
Especially something that can handle things like metasonix modules.
This is so exciting to me
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Our team has done renderings of potential Eurorack modules related to the legacy 100M system.

We believe we could produce them for around US$ 100 each, of course provided there is enough interest.

Some of you have rightfully pointed out that this is not a commercially viable market segment for any large manufacturer.
However since synthesizers are a huge passion of mine, this is a wonderful and personal journey to embark on projects that hopefully deliver some customer happiness and get more people into synths.

Uli
As the owner of 2 racks of 100m, be sure to get the utilities and effects in there! Portamento, mixer, phaser/delay, CV processor etc.

Also 100m is missing some critical elements. Multi mode filter, pan CV on the mixer etc.
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepedeedoo View Post
Hi/Bonjour

Wish list...
Is it possible than Behringer produce a board... Like the RANE MP2015 with a large rotatif button or like the Vestax R-1 Premium
And... Pleasssse
Is it possible to have... EQ Killer ! like the one that been produce by Electrix
Thanks you
you realise this is about eurorack modular right..?
Old 16th April 2018
Old 16th April 2018
Kja
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
patched up mono synth doesnt have maths!
Mine does!
Old 16th April 2018
Kja
Lives for gear
I think, make a music easel 2020 using granular wavetables as a start of your new complex oscillator. It needs a poly rise type keyboard.. Make it futuristic but you can add eurorack stuff.
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

I would love to see a quality mixer interface made with stereo and mono inputs and an effects loop included.
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyoutai View Post
A class compliant USB audio to CV interface, capable of operating up to 96kHz.

At least 16 CV outputs and 8 gate outputs.

A companion MIDI to CV AU/VST plugin with automatic calibration to tune oscillators and calibrate the pitch CV signal:

Gate signal amplitude scaled by MIDI note velocity.
MIDI pitchbend merged with MIDI note pitch.
Mod wheel, aftertouch and several MIDI CC to CV outs.
Legato and glide options.

I would buy that in a nanosecond.
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

I don't think Behringer will copy current designs..at least I sure hope not. I'd love to see classic Arp 2500, Roland System 100 modules, classic Moog Modular, utilities, fx, and original designs. I'm sure the engineers in B's Eurorack team will have vision, just like those that developed the Neutron.
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

_Buchla
_System 100
_EMS

Thank you
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

and
_Arp 2600
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Nut
It’s been said a lot above, but a powered case should be the first priority. The initial cost of a case and power puts off a lot of people at the first hurdle. There are some good options, by Doepfer, Tip TOP and Arturia, but if you want to enter the market, and expand the market, a case should come first.

After that, focus on good solid basics. VCOs, VCFs, VCAs, LFOs, mixers and FX. Ignore the esoteric stuff, and leave that to the smaller players who do it better. Enter and expand the market, but don’t crush it...
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Uli,

Thanks for making this happen! We are all very excited!!
I've been secretly hoping for this..

My personal view on this is that you might want to start with basic, quality modules.

There's still a need for affordable, quality things such as a dual VCO, or dual filter, or even a characteristic single filter. A (pretty-sounding) analog VCO with an FM-in.. something like the dixie, but doesn't need to be a copy. It's own character might be even cooler, as long as it's musical sounding (as opposed to digital vst-y sounding).

As mentioned above I'm also a big fan of single fx modules. Something like stompboxes for guitarists! There are far too little 1-3hp modules that do only one thing and do it good. How cool would it be if you have a 2hp line with a juno-106 emulating chorus, some kind of moog-y overdrive circuit, Roland tape echo emulator.. it doesn't maybe even matter if they are digital, if they sound good and they are small enough. This way you can experiment much more outside the box with fx than before. More often than not people make interesting sounds inside a modular and then they route it through some stompbox or even add delay/reverb in the box because those modules are so expensive, or worse, they don't sound as good as the vsts such as valhalla or waves IRL (or whichever).

So yea my vote goes out to a good filter, maybe a vco and then a line of a bunch of nice small(!) fx modules. Something for the stage artists as well as the studio sitters. It shouldn't clog up your rack, but it doesn't have to have a crazy lot of functionality, as long as it's sounding great we're all in it for the music after all..

Best,
Precursor
Old 16th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
Hi Uli,

Thanks for making this happen! We are all very excited!!
We?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search