The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer Eurorack Modular
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK777 View Post
Don't see the point in cloning an existing, available module made by a small company.

Even less point in cloning a VA synth when real anlogue is so inexpensive.

Prophet 5 is fair game though! Please let it be a Prophet 10..
Old 19th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post

Prophet 5 is fair game though!
Prophet 6 exists........
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Guru

Man, and here I was holding out so much hope for them. Original synths/modules and cheap clones of stuff that isn't being made anymore sounds awesome, but picking on existing modular companies? Sure, Maths could probably be cloned for dirt cheap, but it's still in bad taste.

Last edited by Derp; 26th July 2019 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: That bad grammar was making me physically ill.
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

To be fair i am not buying Maths because the MN modules look so unbearable. I am game for a more conservative looking CV processor.

Ever since Buchla opened shop CV processors are quite commonplace in modular world, so its not like Maths is a big innovation.

Still i am not a fan of cloning still sold stuff. On the other hand just because there is picture on a screen of some guys PC, i am not willing to condemn a guy either. Time will tell.
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
To be fair i am not buying Maths because the MN modules look so unbearable. I am game for a more conservative looking CV processor.

Ever since Buchla opened shop CV processors are quite commonplace in modular world, so its not like Maths is a big innovation.

Still i am not a fan of cloning still sold stuff. On the other hand just because there is picture on a screen of some guys PC, i am not willing to condemn a guy either. Time will tell.
Grayscale Maths panels look great, I think.
Old 25th July 2019
Gear Guru

Not liking Make Noise because of aesthetics isn't very punk rock.
Old 26th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Prophet 6 exists........
P6 is no P5/P10 (in my humble view..)
Old 26th July 2019
Lives for gear

I'd like to see more *simple*, knobby digital CV processors that are affordable. There's so much potential for generating digital signals to use as controllers for analogue modules, or as complex sequencers, but I find that some of the current modules don't work with my brain. I don't bond with them in the same way as other modules. I find the Buchla approach more musical, although I haven't used a Buchla system enough to become expert.

My ideal system would involve several sequencer modules that are not basic step sequencers (which I find rather boring) but sequencers which allow more complex patterns of CV/gate to be controlled and modulated. They could be coupled, synched, desynched, edited, reshaped, etc. all by other modulators.

I know things exist out there already.. I'd like to repeat the word "affordable" for emphasis though (i.e not more than a synth!)..
Old 4th August 2019
Here for the gear

Something Clouds-like at reasonable price point definitely would be bestseller. Especially in this context:
Mutable-instruments-clouds-2-delayed-indefinitely
Old 5th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst77 View Post
Something Clouds-like at reasonable price point definitely would be bestseller. Especially in this context:
Mutable-instruments-clouds-2-delayed-indefinitely
There are already Clouds-clones for 150 EUR, how more reasonable do you want the price to be? :D
Old 6th August 2019
Totally agree
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Addict

Any ETA on the first module?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Sequencer
Old 4 weeks ago
RiF
Lives for gear

While you're waiting you can already get:
- 2 Oscillators /w CV-controllable shape and PW plus an optional 2:1 mixer $50
- Multimode filter /w CV-controllable cutoff, resonance and FM $50
- Overdrive $30
- Analog delay /w CV-controllable time $30
- Dual ADSR envelope generator $30
- LFO /w CV-controllable shape, rate and reset $30
- 2:1 Mult $10
- 2 attenuators $10
- Slew limiter $15
- Sample & Hold $15
- MIDI 2 CV $20
- 6 patch cables $10
But you have to get the whole bundle for $300 and it comes it one box: Neutron.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
POsted this morning on Facebook

Quote:
Guess the product...

We're rollin'.

P.S. It's a prototype - so lot's of hand soldering going on;-)

Looks like a VCO, is that a 3340 on there..?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Yeah, that screams VCO to me, especially because of the trimmers on the back. It's probably that 100m oscillator they hinted at back when this thread started. The lack of attenuation sucks, but I'm sure it will be priced accordingly.
Old 3 weeks ago
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Yeah, that screams VCO to me, especially because of the trimmers on the back. It's probably that 100m oscillator they hinted at back when this thread started. The lack of attenuation sucks, but I'm sure it will be priced accordingly.
Yes, I see only one attenuator (if it's one).

Two pots:
- One is certainly frequency.
- The other one could be an attenuator for a CV-input. But is it for PW or frequency?
A switch:
- A Doepfer-style octave switch comes to my mind.
11 connections:
If I take a look at the 3340 datasheet, it has:
- frequency cv in
- hard-sync in
- soft-sync in
- linear fm cv in
- pwm in
- triangle out
- saw out
- pulse out
3 left...
The datasheet and the three blue things on the back-PCB somehow tell me there are 3 frequency-related inputs. But one then they go into the "frequency cv in" of the 3340. So there's still one left.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Interested
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

This was one of the last prototype announcements

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-h...-more-to-come/
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Someone pointed out that it looks very similar to a Moog 921B

But there's more connections on the Behringer module
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK777 View Post
POsted this morning on Facebook

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/68648128_10157602648418914_5071409825913503744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_eui2=AeGIouh28IgC8Cf2qERCMiA7c2ypRCkgXNh2oUyEsMutBTLXLNzQVqBWPPg6_uppBcoE8pL711f8ECn8fZOYex85CltsKpRcKM7yTLXX2Y1EoQ&_nc_oc=AQkUB3RXO0M4IzMiAuRMDyxThgLpKZC28bfwD27lTnv-EKizoALdmufnn88ZaOYD5NU&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=30b60f75e77dd7964600a31e81dbf5c9&oe=5E0A79BC[/IMG]

Looks like a VCO, is that a 3340 on there..?
Proper metal surface mount pots; nice. No skimping on build quality (Moog, are you listening? We've got an early plastic-shaft VCF knob on our Sub37 that I'm just waiting to fail).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT75 View Post
It was supposed to be on the way. Maybe it's closer to shipping meow.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

First things first, Behringer, make a euro rack case! $50 tiptop audio HEK alternative please.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

a solina as eurorack module seems like the silliest implementation of CV ever.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkbanana View Post
Does it? I think of it less as "eurorack" and more "today's version of a rack synth/module".

And the only reason I didn't buy a VC330 is because it wasn't a module, rackable or otherwise.

Pretty mucb NO new Keyboards (literal keyboards) will enter this studio, rare exceptions excluded.

I think it being a module is just a sign of the times, and one I'm emphatically pleased with.
Old 1 week ago
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't think so. You are getting access to the modulation and phaser FX from the Solina.
Eurorack is not exactly flooded with FX modules, so this is a useful addition, imho.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I was ready to agree with this but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Does it? I think of it less as "eurorack" and more "today's version of a rack synth/module".
I think this is a good point.

My only beef is the lack of CV/Gate inputs. No way it could address all of those notes of polyphony, but if I get this, it'll be to play with and be processed by the rest of the system. If they fix that, I'll buy it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post

And the only reason I didn't buy a VC330 is because it wasn't a module, rackable or otherwise.

Pretty mucb NO new Keyboards (literal keyboards) will enter this studio, rare exceptions excluded.

I think it being a module is just a sign of the times, and one I'm emphatically pleased with.
I do hope we see a continued trend of full synths as euroroack modules. Almost like the Yamaha TF1 modules from the TX-816.

I was also thinking it would be cool to see Eurorack implement a universal clock feature just like how the power is centralized. Imagine a whole bunch of modules/sequencers all synchronized to a master clock with a connection behind the panel (like power). And then the case itself might have a master clock and play/pause/reset buttons.
That way Eurorack might start to look like a modular DAW. Especially if there was some sort of multi-track recorder synced to the clock (for overdubs and stuff).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
I do hope we see a continued trend of full synths as euroroack modules. Almost like the Yamaha TF1 modules from the TX-816.

I was also thinking it would be cool to see Eurorack implement a universal clock feature just like how the power is centralized. Imagine a whole bunch of modules/sequencers all synchronized to a master clock with a connection behind the panel (like power). And then the case itself might have a master clock and play/pause/reset buttons.
That way Eurorack might start to look like a modular DAW. Especially if there was some sort of multi-track recorder synced to the clock (for overdubs and stuff).
Eh.

Clock needs vary so much I'm perfectly content having separate modules for all that. It works great, as is, and I can't imagine a built in solution ever meeting my needs, then its just more built in crap I don't want.

THE beauty of modular is the modularity itself, IMO.

But I'm with you on eurorackable modules with loads of patch points.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search