The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer Eurorack Modular
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK777 View Post
Don't see the point in cloning an existing, available module made by a small company.

Even less point in cloning a VA synth when real anlogue is so inexpensive.

Prophet 5 is fair game though! Please let it be a Prophet 10..
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post

Prophet 5 is fair game though!
Prophet 6 exists........
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Man, and here I was holding out so much hope for them. Original synths/modules and cheap clones of stuff that isn't being made anymore sounds awesome, but picking on existing modular companies? Sure, Maths could probably be cloned for dirt cheap, but it's still in bad taste.

Last edited by Derp; 3 weeks ago at 03:35 PM.. Reason: That bad grammar was making me physically ill.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

To be fair i am not buying Maths because the MN modules look so unbearable. I am game for a more conservative looking CV processor.

Ever since Buchla opened shop CV processors are quite commonplace in modular world, so its not like Maths is a big innovation.

Still i am not a fan of cloning still sold stuff. On the other hand just because there is picture on a screen of some guys PC, i am not willing to condemn a guy either. Time will tell.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
To be fair i am not buying Maths because the MN modules look so unbearable. I am game for a more conservative looking CV processor.

Ever since Buchla opened shop CV processors are quite commonplace in modular world, so its not like Maths is a big innovation.

Still i am not a fan of cloning still sold stuff. On the other hand just because there is picture on a screen of some guys PC, i am not willing to condemn a guy either. Time will tell.
Grayscale Maths panels look great, I think.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Not liking Make Noise because of aesthetics isn't very punk rock.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Prophet 6 exists........
P6 is no P5/P10 (in my humble view..)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'd like to see more *simple*, knobby digital CV processors that are affordable. There's so much potential for generating digital signals to use as controllers for analogue modules, or as complex sequencers, but I find that some of the current modules don't work with my brain. I don't bond with them in the same way as other modules. I find the Buchla approach more musical, although I haven't used a Buchla system enough to become expert.

My ideal system would involve several sequencer modules that are not basic step sequencers (which I find rather boring) but sequencers which allow more complex patterns of CV/gate to be controlled and modulated. They could be coupled, synched, desynched, edited, reshaped, etc. all by other modulators.

I know things exist out there already.. I'd like to repeat the word "affordable" for emphasis though (i.e not more than a synth!)..
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Something Clouds-like at reasonable price point definitely would be bestseller. Especially in this context:
Mutable-instruments-clouds-2-delayed-indefinitely
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst77 View Post
Something Clouds-like at reasonable price point definitely would be bestseller. Especially in this context:
Mutable-instruments-clouds-2-delayed-indefinitely
There are already Clouds-clones for 150 EUR, how more reasonable do you want the price to be? :D
Old 2 weeks ago
Totally agree
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Any ETA on the first module?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Sequencer
Old 6 days ago
RiF
Lives for gear

While you're waiting you can already get:
- 2 Oscillators /w CV-controllable shape and PW plus an optional 2:1 mixer $50
- Multimode filter /w CV-controllable cutoff, resonance and FM $50
- Overdrive $30
- Analog delay /w CV-controllable time $30
- Dual ADSR envelope generator $30
- LFO /w CV-controllable shape, rate and reset $30
- 2:1 Mult $10
- 2 attenuators $10
- Slew limiter $15
- Sample & Hold $15
- MIDI 2 CV $20
- 6 patch cables $10
But you have to get the whole bundle for $300 and it comes it one box: Neutron.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search