The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 14th February 2019
Sure.
The essence of modular is cv and gate, not midi. And exploration followed by commitment, not certainty and repeatability.
But you do what you want I guess.
This often comes up I have to admit, but to me it's like saying I want a Ferrari, but it must do 43 miles to the gallon, be in a low insurance band and fit my family of four.
Old 15th February 2019
Here for the gear

A pitch-to-cv/gate module would be great!
Old 17th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrowaves View Post
I do not agree. The point for me is this. Let's say that you have several perfect sounds for a recording done on a modular system and you need to restore them. That is not possible. I want all possibilities a modular system can give me together with a patch and cable memory so I can restore everything if needed. A modern poly synth is not able to do everything a modular system can do so that is not an option. And software virtual systems is not as cool as the real thing

I like to play with real sliders and knobs. You do not have to agree but thanks for your answer.
It sounds like you want the Matrixbrute.
Old 18th February 2019
Here for the gear

an analogue frequency shifter would be a nice module to reinvent at a reasonable cost if you are looking for ideas
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Lightbulb Panner Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Hello everyone,

as you are aware, many of our synthesizers such as Model D, Neutron, Pro-1 etc. have been designed to be used as standalone instruments but also to fit the hugely popular Eurorack format.

Many of you have now requested for us to build individual Eurorack modules, powered Eurorack cases and especially bring back some of the legacy modular systems.

At the same time we also thought about inviting all designers and engineers among you to participate in this initiative.

The goal would be to build a wide range of modules and - as usual - at very affordable prices (target prices US$ 49-99) which would allow us to open this market and get as many people as possible into synths and making music.

Our synth teams are very excited about this potential direction and would love to hear your opinion.

Are you interested in Eurorack systems?
What modules would you like us to make?
What legacy modular systems would you like us to make?
What accessories do you require?

Thank you :-)

Uli

Added: 16/04/2016

We want to collaborate with you

In short, we are willing to share our complete manufacturing, supply chain and marketing power with you, while you can focus on designing great modules. Of course we are more than happy to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so you are protected.

What do you think?

Uli

Hi @Uli Behringer ,

Wow, this provides quite an opportunity. I'll throw my hat in the ring and offer an effect concept that can be implemented as a synth module or effect pedal.

It is a simple stepped panning and spatial tool... nothing special because coming up with a new effect is very challenging. This effect is based on something I thought of in the 90's.

The neat thing is that there is no rate knob to sweep the sound left to right to left, etc. The pan step is triggered by each note or beat or sound. There is no sweeping. The sound just occurs at a new location for each step. Spatial in-phase to out-of-phase stepping will make a pulsing accent like effect to a mono centered sound (sort of like turning an Edison off and on for each beat/note). Cool for a snare drum. Left-Middle-Right-Middle pattern syncopates 16th note high hats in a psycho acoustic way as the location reoccurs in 5 beats rather than 8, 4 or 2.

I just wrote it up and put into a pdf presentation for your convenience. Enjoy and run with it if you like.
PDF Here >> http://www.240260280.com/music/synth...25%20V1%20.pdf <<

Best regards,
Philip Pilgrim
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

What I'd really like to see you do is to port the oscillator bank from the Behringer Model D to eurorack. There is no such module existing now.

Closest is the MFB Osc-02/03, but they are not Moog based, they are out of production and while I love my Osc-02, it is a tuning nightmare. Takes forever to warm up too.

So, a 3 oscillator module with waveform selection instead of separate outs (Maybe both though?) and octave controls per oscillator. This would be the perfect beast for live if you ask me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncite View Post
What I'd really like to see you do is to port the oscillator bank from the Behringer Model D to eurorack. There is no such module existing now.

Closest is the MFB Osc-02/03, but they are not Moog based, they are out of production and while I love my Osc-02, it is a tuning nightmare. Takes forever to warm up too.

So, a 3 oscillator module with waveform selection instead of separate outs (Maybe both though?) and octave controls per oscillator. This would be the perfect beast for live if you ask me.
Actually, if they could make it closer to the MFB, I'm on board. Let's have CV PWM per oscillator, per oscillator CV control, individual outputs (the cascaded mixer output thingy on the MFB is handy) sync controls on a switch, and normalled FM destinations. From any other manufacturer, that's a $300 module that I'd pay for, so that should be easy for Behringer to beat. The Model D oscillators are SOO meaty!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If the Eurorack project hasn't been abandoned it would be great if you guys got some multimode filters in there.
Clone that SH-5 filter you guys have. Perhaps the 3320 you guys cloned in a multimode setup. The Crumar Spirit filter (a multimode filter designed by Bob Moog).
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

For filters, I loved the SSM in the Siel DK600 best of all. Very organic.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Here is that SSM filter on Youtube. A bit of quantized digital stepping for a synth of that era but the resonance is very musical and organic. It is not harsh or whistle-like.

The Korg PS series filter seems to sound similar.

SSM Filter Example >>>>> YouTube
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
that is the same as in the EMU emulator & SP12/00 (and in octave plateau) and in doepfer A-105
punchy & warm, to say the least (even with filter freq totally open)
i pair it with a rossum electro assimil8tor to get same specs as in EMU SP-1200/drumulator
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger001 View Post
that is the same as in the EMU emulator & SP12/00 (and in octave plateau) and in doepfer A-105
punchy & warm, to say the least (even with filter freq totally open)
i pair it with a rossum electro assimil8tor to get same specs as in EMU SP-1200/drumulator

Yes it looks like an SSM2044 4-Pole VCF was used.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I am interested in multimode filters as well. The one I would like would be a dual Moog modular HPF/ 48 dB LPF with filter couplers. With the couplers they can be switched to bandpass and band reject as well. The dual filter of that configuration would require 6 expensive modules of what‘s already available. Put them in one module.
Old 3 days ago
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toitoy View Post
Oh snap.

I LITERALLY just came here to ask if this image from a year ago represented a case they would have for the System-100 modules

I guess my question is already answered.

Although for something like the System-100 it would be nice to see more than just an unpowered skiff.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

No power, I don’t see the point?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

These presumably extruded aluminum boats are great. Moog and Behringer use them. I suspect the manufacturer makes them in long lengths that can be cut into most any width in HP.

I wouid love to have about 20-40 feet of it in raw form, uncoated and undrilled, like buying raw rails from the eurorack vendors.
Old 1 day ago
Curious about the price, and when there will be powered versions
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Oh, those monsters... I'm impressed at this move.
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

That case looks rather shallow. Not so great especially for DIY with deep circuit boards...
Old 15 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by CthonicEwes View Post
That case looks rather shallow. Not so great especially for DIY with deep circuit boards...
Well they market it as a skiff case, so it only makes sense
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Oh, you're right. I didn't know that skiffs were typically shallow by definition. I use frac stuff which has plenty of space in the back. It's nice for when you have a really deep module. Still, if I decide to do some Euro stuff this B skiff might be cool. How do you supply power through such a shallow format?
Old 14 hours ago
Gear Maniac

I have learned this week that the TipTop uZeus is an inexpensive and reliable Power Supply option, and it is definitely sized to fit in cases like this.

The specs say those cases accommodate 1.5" of module depth.
Old 9 hours ago
Yeah the uZeus would be great for that, or maybe the power solution from Koma: Modular Power Solutions – KOMA Elektronik
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search