The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 27th January 2019
Lives for gear

Someone mentioned AJH Synth. Their VCOs are a good example on how it‘s got to be, opposed to many others. Their tone is great, the controls are of good quality, they have PWM, sync, both Lin and Exp FM and attenuator controls for the CV inputs. When I was getting a pair of VCOs I found that hardly anyone would deliver the features I was looking for in a „classic“ type modular VCO. Call them innovative or not but at least they deliver.
Old 27th January 2019
Affordable Eurorack compatable modular = TE Pocket Modular.
It actually sounds good (from the many demos) and is apparently going to be delivered to customers in 4 weeks time.
Old 27th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
It actually sounds good (from the many demos) and is apparently going to be delivered to customers in 4 weeks time.
I googled it and what I found was an awful advertisement video
Old 27th January 2019
Your problem not mine. There is a ton of content from NAMM on Youtube.
Old 27th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
I googled it and what I found was an awful advertisement video
Check out the demo with Baseck.
Old 27th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
that TE stuff looks to me like "fisher technik's" rebirth, except those looked more solid.

Old 27th January 2019
At least we know what it looks like.
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm also jumping on the TE system, but to be fair that's not eurorack format. So not really apples to apples.
Old 28th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
I'm also jumping on the TE system, but to be fair that's not eurorack format. So not really apples to apples.
I thought it's euro compatible?
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace View Post
I thought it's euro compatible?
Iirc you have a partially disassemble and configure for eurorack. I could be wrong. But thats my recollection from looking it over.
Old 28th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
Iirc you have a partially disassemble and configure for eurorack. I could be wrong. But thats my recollection from looking it over.
You'll have to build your own panels, the TE systen is a little smaller. Odd decision in my opinion.
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear

Then it‘s not Eurorack compatible, obviously.
Old 29th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

Think of your case as a piece of furniture (because that's pretty much what it is). Do you want Ikea, or do you want a well-made piece of equipment meant for a lifetime of enjoyment?
I want overengineered militairy flightcases. But I think that camonetting is cozy.
Old 29th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
By the way, the vco, s of doepfer are based on the system 100m
The A-110?

Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
The A-110?

100m...based on system 700

Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

Looking forward to the 172 and 182 modules.
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

Flame wars with schematics. I love gearslutz
Old 30th January 2019
I wouldn't know what I was looking at to be honest.
Having owned one of the first Doepfer modular systems in the mid-90's - and having also owned a two cabinet Roland 100M at the same time, and often used them together, it never remotely sounded to me like they had anything in common, other than being subtractive synth modular systems with a similar cable connection (1/8").
Old 2nd February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markincork View Post
Behringer said last week that they weren’t going to make cases
Behringer now commented “we hear you” on a YouTube vid yesterday when a Behringer case was asked for. Who knows?
Old 3rd February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I love it when people who've never made or sold anything commercially claim something could/should be a lot cheaper.
In any case, every dollar you save is another dollar off some poor persons $30 a week pay packet.
I'm sure this is 100% accurate. I know for a fact that anyone who hasn't been on this forum for years is either a minor or has never worked in their life.
And it's also a given that music gear is made by people living in dire poverty AND that more profits for their boss would definitely result in more wages for them. I'm certain!
Old 3rd February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
Then it‘s not Eurorack compatible, obviously.
You may have a different definition of "Eurorack compatible" than I do. It uses standard 3.5mm jacks so, to my mind, is 100% Eurorack compatible. I'm not concerned about it fitting in my case, it already has its own case.

(Unless you're not talking about the TE modular thing, in which case, my bad!)
Old 4th February 2019
I hope they will make cases. Midas also makes great Series 500 cases, some nice Eurorack cases by them would be very welcome
Old 4th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by smutek View Post
You may have a different definition of "Eurorack compatible" than I do. It uses standard 3.5mm jacks so, to my mind, is 100% Eurorack compatible.
Same.
The Teenage Engineering modular does not automatically fit into a Eurorack case, but in every other way it is compatible (cabling, voltages etc).
Just like the old Roland 100M system is compatible with Eurorack.
Old 4th February 2019
Quote:
Same.
The Teenage Engineering modular does not automatically fit into a Eurorack case, but in every other way it is compatible (cabling, voltages etc).
Just like the old Roland 100M system is compatible with Eurorack.
Odd decision... Why not make the modules in the eurorack size standards?
Old 4th February 2019
Because they mainly wanted to offer it in standalone, kit format?
I don't really have a problem with different module housings, as long as the cabling and voltages are compatible.
In the 90's my system was Eurorack, Roland 100M and Arp 2600.
All of them communicated with each other, but in different cases of course.
Old 4th February 2019
Well if you are a travelling musican like me the less boxes and bags I have to carry the better. Plus it's much more orginized for me to have everything sit neatly in one enclosure. Preferences I guess...
It's just not that big of a difference for them I assume and it could be a major plus to many people who usually don't make their panels. I do some diy so it's not that big of a deal for me but you know
Old 7th February 2019
Here for the gear

Moog Modular
Roland System 100 (Not M)

Some legendary FX boxes converted to eurorack format. MXR-117, Krautrock Phaser, Small-tone etc.

Big Euroack Cases
Old 14th February 2019
Here for the gear

Two ideas for Behringer Eurorack Modular

Hi Uli

Thanks for building good products at a price everyone can afford.

I have two ideas for the Behringer Eurorack Modular.

1 - A module that can be used to patch every patch cable you have from all modules. Then you can select where to route these cables. Like some sort of midi controllable patchbay. Give it sysex so you can store everything on a computer editor/librarian. You can then restore very complex cable routings in a couple of seconds. Without the need to touch your patch cables again.

2 - I don't know if this module is even possible. The idea is to get the value (current) of all sliders and knobs from all modules and store the settings in a module with midi like the first idea above. The module can have a display where the values are displayed. Then you can move a slider or a knob until the display says 'ok'. Then you go to the next slider or knob and do the same. That will make the modular system able to store sounds.

Together with my first idea that will make a modular system that is able to completely store sounds together with all patch cables. That would be a monster modular system I think.
Old 14th February 2019
Have you tried any of the virtual modular systems?
I'm sure you can save snapshots in them.
Eliminating patching - then adding patch and cable memory, sysex and midi is actually the complete opposite of what modular synthesis is all about. So you might as well just use a modern poly synth.
Old 14th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Have you tried any of the virtual modular systems?
I'm sure you can save snapshots in them.
Eliminating patching - then adding patch and cable memory, sysex and midi is actually the complete opposite of what modular synthesis is all about. So you might as well just use a modern poly synth.
I do not agree. The point for me is this. Let's say that you have several perfect sounds for a recording done on a modular system and you need to restore them. That is not possible. I want all possibilities a modular system can give me together with a patch and cable memory so I can restore everything if needed. A modern poly synth is not able to do everything a modular system can do so that is not an option. And software virtual systems is not as cool as the real thing

I like to play with real sliders and knobs. You do not have to agree but thanks for your answer.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search