The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 25th December 2018
Lives for gear

What happened to the Behringer System-100?
Uli, give us an update!
Old 25th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
What happened to the Behringer System-100?
Uli, give us an update!
I had a custom case made just for them, but I may have to fill them with Roland 500 modules instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Eurorack Modular-3aed4933-7b87-407a-8aa2-232548ab5ac3.jpg  
Old 26th December 2018
Lives for gear

I would love to see Tom Oberheim stayed in bussiness .
Old 28th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinakroon View Post
This is pure speculation but what would you think of a clone of the Oberheim 2-Voice? It's one of my favourite synth and it's got such a big and warm sound, but unfortunately it's completely out of reach for me - not to mention the 8-Voice..!

If enough of us were interested and asked Behringer, perhaps he'd make it happen?

I've made a mockup of what it could look like. Imagine this one polychained for those truly massive 8-Voice sounds!

Wishing you a happy and off-white Christmas!
Nice mockups, but imo a 2 two voice in this form does not make much sense.

I own a Oberheim 2 voice and for modular uses i often wish them to be more seperated.

So my choice would be a proper CV SEM. And then you connect as many as you like.

But all of that should only happen after Tom Oberheim officially retired from making them himself or gave his permission. There is a line of decency involved that i would not like to see crossed.
Old 28th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post

But all of that should only happen after Tom Oberheim officially retired from making them himself or gave his permission. There is a line of decency involved that i would not like to see crossed.
I agree
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
I would love to see Tom Oberheim stayed in bussiness .
Yes, that sure would be great. But I doubt that the potential presence of inexpensive SEM clones would seriously threaten his sales of handcrafted signature collectors items. If you can afford one of those instruments you'd get one - just for the history of it if nothing else. (That's presuming he'd start making them again, as they're currently unavailable.)

On the flip side, I can't really see a whole lot of people getting eight of those SEMs (at €1500 a piece) to build a modern 8-Voice. An affordable 2-Voice clone could allow regular musicians to get hold of their very own 8-voice system.
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

I own a Oberheim 2 voice and for modular uses i often wish them to be more seperated.

So my choice would be a proper CV SEM. And then you connect as many as you like.
Thank you!

How do you mean more separated? You mean more CV in/outs? Or physically separated to different sides of a rack?

Quote:
I wasn't aware of him still making them. I couldn't find anyone who sells any of his SEMs, and his own website doesn't mention them at all.
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear

A few or so months ago Uli and I briefly discussed whether or not Behringer might carry on the production of SEMs after Tom no longer does (whenever that happens), and Uli mentioned that someone from B had already reached out to Tom but (at the time of our conversation) there was no news on that front. I don't recall whether a conversation with Tom actually happened or not, but they had tried - and nothing came from it.
Old 2nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinakroon View Post
How do you mean more separated? You mean more CV in/outs? Or physically separated to different sides of a rack?
The 2 voice is made from 4 different components.

1x keyboard (incl. the controllerbox)
1x Midi/CV interface
1x 2 track sequencer/Sample and Hold
2x SEM

The first 3 things are basically hardwired to the SEMs. So you cant really use either of them as independant modules.

For example. If i use a track of the sequencer to run a Model D, i lose a whole SEM with it, because the hardwired connection will trigger it to play the same line the model D is playing.

There are work arounds for many situations, and it is absolutely no problem for a synth concept like the 2-voice. But for modular use one would wish them to be more seperated or seperable to begin with.
Old 3rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

1x Midi/CV interface
2x SEM

I know what you meant, but I laughed.
Old 3rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

1x Midi/CV interface
2x SEM

The first 3 things are basically hardwired to the SEMs. So you cant really use either of them as independant modules.

For example. If i use a track of the sequencer to run a Model D, i lose a whole SEM with it, because the hardwired connection will trigger it to play the same line the model D is playing.

There are work arounds for many situations, and it is absolutely no problem for a synth concept like the 2-voice. But for modular use one would wish them to be more seperated or seperable to begin with.
Yes, I see your point. Let's hope any clones would have lots of CV in/outs to allow connecting to existing systems.
Old 3rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post

I know what you meant, but I laughed.
Yea, the SEM is only 1 different component, albeit available 2 times.
Probably a bit too much german clerk mindset for a creative board like ours here
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Addict

We have now completed the prototype of the first Module, the 110 VCO, VCF, VCA and there are 5 more in the immediate pipeline.

We're currently doing the testing and will hopefully be able to release them for production soon.

We're planning to launch close to 40 modules over the next 2 years at a suggested retail price between US$ 49 and 99 each.

Wouldn't it be great to see lots of people get into Eurorack and enjoy modular synthesis?

Fun stuff!

Uli
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Eurorack Modular-110-2.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-110-1.jpg  

Last edited by Uli Behringer; 5th January 2019 at 06:42 AM..
Old 5th January 2019
Lives for gear
Cheers Uli, those are some exciting prices and glad to see so many modules in the pipeline

Don’t forget about the case/PSU/kb37 style requests too
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Maniac

I literally can't wait to build my own Vince Clarke/Has Zimmer 100m wall.
Old 5th January 2019
Here for the gear
those knobs look mighty tight together. but I am hopeful... I am looking forward to these modules quite a bit. need some testing?
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
We have now completed the prototype of the first Module, the 110 VCO, VCF, VCA and there are 5 more in the immediate pipeline.

We're currently doing the testing and will hopefully be able to release them for production soon.

We're planning to launch close to 40 modules over the next 2 years at a suggested retail price between US$ 49 and 99 each.

Wouldn't it be great to see lots of people get into Eurorack and enjoy modular synthesis?

Fun stuff!

Uli
I'll be happy to test 'em Uli. Just send me a PM.

Cheers.
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Nut

What about a Behringer-own case and power supply?
Old 5th January 2019
Here for the gear

Behringer System 100 Eurorack

Uli Behringer today shared an update on his company’s plans for a new line of inexpensive Eurorack modules – and they are bigger than what they have previously revealed.

Early in the year, Behringer shared his company’s plans for a line of 13 Eurorack modules, based on classic Roland System 100M designs. Now, Behringer says that they have 8 modules in the works and close to 40 planned:

We’re currently doing the testing and will hopefully be able to release them for production soon.

We’re planning to launch close to 40 modules over the next 2 years at a suggested retail price between US$ 49 and 99 each.

Wouldn’t it be great to see lots of people get into Eurorack and enjoy modular synthesis?

Fun stuff!

Uli

The company has only announced plans for its first 13 modules:

SYSTEM 100 174 PARAMETRIC EQ
SYSTEM 100 173 QUAD SIGNAL GATE/ PATCH BAY
SYSTEM 100 172 PHASE SHIFTER/AUDIO DELAY/GATE DELAY/LFO
SYSTEM 100 165 DUAL PORTAMENTO CONTROLLER
SYSTEM 100 150 RING MOD/NOISE/ S&H/LFO
SYSTEM 100 132 DUAL CV/AUDIO MIXER & CV GENERATOR
SYSTEM 100 131 MIXER/OSCILLATOR/ HEADPHONE AMP
SYSTEM 100 130 DUAL VCA
SYSTEM 100 121 DUAL VCF
SYSTEM 100 112 DUAL VCO
SYSTEM 100 182 ANALOG SEQUENCER
SYSTEM 100 140 DUAL ENVELOPE/LFO
SYSTEM 100 110 VCO/VCF/VCA

Source:
Behringer Plans 40 Eurorack Modules In The Next 2 Years, Priced at $49-99 – Synthtopia
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Maniac

40 modules in 2 years is a lot.

I doubt that all of them will be clones so I am eager to see if there will be a few in-house developments and if so what such modules could do.
Old 5th January 2019
Lives for gear

Behringer System 100 – 110 VCO/VCF/VCA
Behringer System 100 – 112 DUAL VCO
Behringer System 100 – 121 DUAL VCF
Behringer System 100 – 130 DUAL VCA
Behringer System 100 – 131 MIXER/OSCILLATOR AMP
Behringer System 100 – 132 DUAL CV/AUDIO MIXER & CV GENERATOR
Behringer System 100 – 140 DUAL ENVELOPE/LFO
Behringer System 100 – 150 RING MOD/NOISE / S&G / LFO
Behringer System 100 – 165 DUAL PORTAMENTO CONTROLLER
Behringer System 100 – 172 PHASE-SHIFTER/ AUDIO DELAY / GATE DELAY / LFO
Behringer System 100 – 173 QUADS SIGNAL GATE / PATCH BAY
Behringer System 100 – 174 PARAMETRIC EQ
Behringer System 100 – 182 ANALOG SEQUENCER

Pictures : Behringer Plans 40 Eurorack Modules In The Next 2 Years, Priced at $49-99 – Synthtopia
Old 5th January 2019
Lives for gear

Other than the RD808, this is the first B I feel I MUST have.
Old 5th January 2019
Lives for gear
The source isn't Synthtopia, the source is in the Eurorack subforum of Gearslutz: Behringer Eurorack Modular
Old 5th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula View Post
40 modules in 2 years is a lot.

I doubt that all of them will be clones so I am eager to see if there will be a few in-house developments and if so what such modules could do.
Beyond remakes, I imagine they'll have their own takes on some basics/bread and butter stuff, and it would make sense for them to port some of their effects. I think these are the things they can do quickly.

Then maybe there's time left for more novel/esoteric modules.
Old 5th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
The source isn't Synthtopia, the source is in the Eurorack subforum of Gearslutz: Behringer Eurorack Modular
Ops sorry, i see in Synthopia, anyway thank you!
Old 5th January 2019
Lives for gear

Lets see how well this pans out for boutique and small independent Eurorack developers.
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Addict

Some of these are still in production by Roland/Malekko, e.g. 572/172, the module is almost entirely identical and I wonder if there's any reverse engineering involved?

I'm all for variety but eurocrack relies on people earning back on design time for low volume wares. It will suck if this negatively impacts folks such as Malekko.

I'd love to see original Behringer stuff such as cases and FX where I feel they could make a difference in an original way.. why are we getting more clones?
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Addict

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Old 5th January 2019
Lives for gear

Excellent news.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Addict

For reference here's Behringer's clone of an in production Roland/Malekko module

Why focus on cloning an in prod module instead of focussing on original? What's the motivation? This will hurt Malekko.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search