The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 25th June 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen View Post
@Uli Behringer: Any chance for a Behringer Eurorack keyboard module?

Something like the Waldorf KB37, which is awesome, but way too expensive imo.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am sure the team is looking into it as we're moving forward with Eurorack modules.

Uli
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

OB

An Oberheim SEM with recall and extra CV functionality...and Chainable for poly...with mono/unision/poly legato/ other poly / hold modes/ chord memory
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

However with CV/Gate out if there's poly chaining via MIDI (on whatever synth)
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
I do exactly that with a set of 4MS RCD, 4MS SCM, two Doepfer VCLFO, and a Doepfer Dual Trigger Delay. However, that's a bunch of modules and not very accurate (you "tune" the patch by hand). A swiss army knife type LFO like the one you describe would be welcome. You could use a Maths, or Befaco Rampage but that would exclude that module from other duties (as envelope) and those are of course LFOs with some restrictions. I also like quirky modules, that have some funkyness to them.
Also there's the Rossum Electro Music Control Forge, isn't that module capable of what you want?
I have just got into modulara but wouldn’t the 4ms PEG work?
Old 26th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
I have just got into modulara but wouldn’t the 4ms PEG work?
actually that's a good idea.
Old 29th June 2018
Lives for gear

@Uli Behringer
Is it already possible to say something about realease dates? I only have 3U 84 HP left in my rack and would like to get some 100m modules into that space. I wouldnt want to wait for another year to fill the space tho.

< deleted by moderator - off topic >

Last edited by Reptil; 30th June 2018 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: -
Old 23rd July 2018
Here for the gear

hello,

i find that the big missing in eurorack those day is a good module for effect (algorythm, digital,reverb,delay,pitchshifting...)
pretty sure that a module offering 4 in\out, or more with at least 4 cv paramter per channel, or a modulation matrix with 16 cv in....

could pay 500e for a good one with a good display, an easy routing, editing menu...i find the zdsp extremely cool, but really expensive. agood break on the price,could be a very cool add to the eurorack world

not a cheap things but a good challenge and i think you already have some experience in multi fx so, could be a good challenge to put this in a modular environement, with a very deep modulation routing possibility

why not including in a little mixer, the neutron model, with th patch bay on the right side and a mi
xer with 4 send and and a simple eq on 8 channel.... goooaaal...

every old buchla circuit in eurorack could very cool too... at a good price
Old 23rd July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegeldas View Post
hello,

i find that the big missing in eurorack those day is a good module for effect (algorythm, digital,reverb,delay,pitchshifting...)
pretty sure that a module offering 4 in\out, or more with at least 4 cv paramter per channel, or a modulation matrix with 16 cv in....

could pay 500e for a good one with a good display, an easy routing, editing menu...i find the zdsp extremely cool, but really expensive. agood break on the price,could be a very cool add to the eurorack world

not a cheap things but a good challenge and i think you already have some experience in multi fx so, could be a good challenge to put this in a modular environement, with a very deep modulation routing possibility

why not including in a little mixer, the neutron model, with th patch bay on the right side and a mi

What you are asking is way to special/ niche/ "innovative" for a Behringer product.

I'd give the Radikal Technologies - RT-1701 EFFEXX a try in your case. It's 555€, has three control inputs and two channels.

What you are asking is rather an Eurorack version of something like the Roland MX-1... Which I requested multiple times - in whatever form - before, however only like two persons liked it and it's obviously not even remotely discussed of possibly being put on their (or should I rather say: "His"?) agenda.
Old 23rd July 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
hello,

You can get a Z-DSP Mk-1 for around half price right now, since the new one has come out. That's what I did
Old 2nd August 2018
Here for the gear

today a powerfull 2xKSP8 find place in a a 61 key keybaord of kurzweil, Kurzweil KSP8 |

... Why not have a module like the KSP 8, with complex modulation routing via 3 cv x 8 in 8 out, like the module of rossum assimil8tor dedicated to fx processing.. 3cv per voice...and a an electronic routing via a display... For a big compagny, it's lot easyer to do because of there design and hardware skill,and behringer already have some algorythms...

For me the ZDSP is really a luxuary module when you see wath an old eventide H9 (pedalboard) could do... offer one FX stereo with 3 cv is just poor for 500 $
have nothing to do with innovation...in 2018.... For this price, it's better to chose an es8 from expert sleeper and work with vst...

Behringer have already done some FX and could for sure design a compact 8 in out module, i am sure...

It s a niche, but seriously, i 've bought a pc361 from kurzweil 8 year ago, and the effect routing is completely amazing, it could be really interesting to offer wath is standard on every hardware synth since 15 years in the euro world, and for a big compagny i think it will be easier...
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Z-DSP is @seancostello's Valhalla Verbs in a box with CV, as far as I'm concerned, and barely more expensive than any other similarly capable Reverb and FX box. I love Pedals, too, of course - but many have no CV control over Parameters which the Z-DSP does.
Old 2nd August 2018
Here for the gear

Hi. Hope this is going to the right place cos I've never posted before! Really looking forward to the new Behringer 100M modules to supplement my actual 100M. I admit I hope to get some Malekko Roland ones too, though most I plan to buy will be Behringer. Your projected prices if you can do it, will be amazing! In a phone conversation many years ago to Bob Williams of Analogue Systems he once asked what I'd like them to make. I instantly replied---well for one thing a frequency shifter would be nice. Interesting that a little while later they brought out the Bode model. Some suggestions I have are again a frequency shifter, perhaps unique with features like the deflector shield for example. It would be great to re-kindle some of the designs of Jurgen Haible, including HIS freq shift. You may need to get his widows permission? Another non module item would be a clone of the RMI Harmonic Synth, even though software is available now. I've seen part of the schematics. As much as I saw didn't look super complicated considering. Even better would be to improve on the design with more envelopes etc a-la K5000. In addition a rack module version, and external expansion boxes for modular connection as with the Moog Voyager. A 3rd suggestion is for Rolands 700 system in euro. Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
hello,

For what it's worth: Behringer had a desktop multi FX idea/concept named "Maelstrom" that leaked on their website earlier this year. There's no guarantee that it'll happen, it's just something they were thinking about, but it's similar to what you're asking and it does mention some degree of modular connection, although not as much as you're wishing.
Old 22nd October 2018
Gear Head

Curious how much the modules would be...could be my first attempt at buying a full modular synth voice.
Old 22nd October 2018
A lot of stuff has been announced. Not a lot has seen the light of day. Don't hold your breath on Behringer modular.
Old 22nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
A lot of stuff has been announced. Not a lot has seen the light of day. Don't hold your breath on Behringer modular.
My sentiments as well. Neutron just came out, and the hype machine is starting over again for the Pro One reissue. I think these modules are down way low on the totem pole for them. There's just not as much interest in these as their other synths. As much as I'd love to see Behringer go crazy with Euro modules, I just don't think it's going to happen right now.
Old 22nd October 2018
Lives for gear

We have no real insight into the capacity of their new manufacturing facility, no real insight into the capacity of their design teams that are spread around the world, and no real idea how many things they're actually working on at any one time.

Is that three, seven, or eleven things at once? Are they deep in the middle of four things, with seven on deck, or can they really only do four things at once no matter what? Do they have four people testing new units or twenty four doing that job...?

I've managed teams of 60+ people that have banged out seemingly impossible amounts of work at once, and that was *just* ~60 people all in one location. They have multiple teams in multiple locations around the world, that we know of.

My point, I guess, is that we have little basis to know *what* they're actually capable of, as most of what we know is through tiny, sporadic, glimpses into the company, so I don't see how anyone here is doing anything but making wild guesses.

The factory isn't but, what, less than a year old...?
Old 23rd October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
My point, I guess, is that we have little basis to know *what* they're actually capable of, as most of what we know is through tiny, sporadic, glimpses into the company, so I don't see how anyone here is doing anything but making wild guesses.
I'm not guessing I'm just actually pointing to the reality.
The clones were first leaked nearly a year ago. We had more at NAMM in January and 'working' models at Knobcom, but no modular.
In 9 months or more nothing has actually come on the market.
That's fine, I'm sure the headline items like his 808 and Pro One clones are somewhat imminent.
However I think it's entirely reasonable and sensible for me to say don't hold your breath on modular clones. Based on what we've experienced in 2018.
Old 23rd October 2018
Lives for gear

I'd be interested in new modules that use digital processing and distribution of CVs to bring modular more further into this century.
Old 31st October 2018
Here for the gear

Hi! I just purchased the Neutron. I've always been a fan of synth's even before Moog came on the scene. I DO like the prospect of having reasonably priced Euro Modules. The one thing I love about the Neutron is that all the patching is done off to the side, and not cluttering the work area. I would like a Euro Rack version whereby all the patching be done on one module [or more ganged together as an expansion option]. Or if there's a way to make one that doesn't have the cross-talk issues .. I like a Matrix patch system like on the old ARP big models. Also, I would like either individual modules featuring different forms of synthesis like FM, Additive, Wave Table, and also one where users could upload their own WAV samples to be used as sound source materials. and PLEASE make a Fixed filter bank [like the Moog], and especially a MOFFATT filter!! When I heard the Neutron.. I got goosebumps.. very rare for me since a number of synths sound so much the same. The MOFFATT filter is AMAZING! Also, I'd like to see a multi-stage VCA [daisy-chained multiple VCA's]-- Those could aid in emulating natural instrument sounds by controlling both amplitude and controlling filters. -- and a module devoted to Ring and Sync Modulation. I prefer an analog signal path. There can be maybe options for digital as well. Digital to me mostly sounds 'cold'. Maybe have small tube preamp modules to warm up any digital modules..
Old 31st October 2018
Moog was the first popular synth at the end of the 1960’s, beginning of the 70’s. For a while people called all synths ‘Moog’ like they call all search engines ‘Google’. Not sure how you could have always liked synths before Moog.
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Obviously the RCA synthesizer. Will there be a Behringer version? LOL
Old 2nd November 2018
Lives for gear

anyone know when these broland modules will be released?
Old 3rd November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
anyone know when these broland modules will be released?
I'm not holding my breath, but I'll be buying if they're released.
Old 6th November 2018
Here for the gear

What I really would like to see is a cheap eurorack implementation of 4-voice polyphony. (Hi folks, first post here!)
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Maniac
then the mSSP is maybe something to consider
What is the mSSP (micro-SSP)? - mSSP Kickstarter - Percussa Forum
Old 26th November 2018
@Uli Behringer:I want them ALL yesterday. Straight after I buy the Moog, Neutron and Sequential. And the Korg Arp.

First, I kiss your Lotus Feet for asking us what we want and for giving us what we want inexpensively.

Your vision of offering something that people could collect payday by payday is fantastic.

I'm not terribly interested in the gear of the past, apart from a Eurorack OB-X copy. Why should we presume that the designers of the 1960's and '70's were the only ones who could create great analogue synths, as if they were Ancient Egyptians cutting stone with incomprehensible accuracy and grace? Those people were making synths for the music of their time. People have been there. I want instruments for the music of our time, made with all the knowledge we have gained since.

Let's proceed logically.

Firstly we need modular cases. They should be light, aluminum, be able to accommodate about 5 kg of instruments each, be connectedly and securely stackable, have identical optional internal power supplies in grades of 4,6, or 8. They should have robust handles. For those who are building home systems, the handles should be easily removable - perhaps recessed for stacking - and the panels should be designed in such a way that 3rd-party modders can easily slide in wooden or 3D-printed sides, Behringer supplying cheap but handsome plastic panel inserts. Behringer is a nice name for music gear, how did you come up with it?

Then we need an additive module like the one below, a subtractive module, an FM module - we don't have to be analogue fanatics - a granular module, a small noise add-on, a drone module, an ambient module with wind, crickets, thunder, toads, all that XOXOS stuff, and a wavetabler and sampler. That's 10 Source modules unless we want to get into phase distortion or something. Some of those could be quite small. Next we get a filter module, and here we can turn to the classic Moog, a sequencer and arpeggiator, and finally a sophisticated envelope module with midi controller and an FX unit. The LFOs would be achieved through octave settings on each module. For those who like rhythmical bangs we could add a small and a large rhythmical bang module for, after all, we do not want such folk to be reduced to crashing dustbin lids together as in the past. That's 15 or so altogether taking up 3 or 5 cases.

Each module should have an easily-removable front panel and knobs so that people can mod them.

That should add up to about $1000 roughly altogether and it would be able to do almost anything. It should be simple and intuitive because what actually keeps people away from Eurorack is the incomprehensible boxes.

By the time people have worked through that, they will know what they are doing and whether they need or want to add exotica.

If you want to build up the line in future you can add 'Lifestyle' modules - Goth, Sci-Fi, Metal, Industrial, Dance, Cringe-inducing pop, all those. Starters with everything on, but a direction.

Thanks
Tom Kent/My Melbourne Down.
Buchla Tech: Harmonic Oscillators
Old 3rd December 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Uli, I'm beyond excited about these proposed modules ! Please add some cv to the mixer levels and pans ! Please don't be put off by people who don't want to actually make any music and regard "subtractive synthesis" as a bad thing. I'll buy all the modules at €99 each, in fact I'll buy several vcos and any variations of the filters you produce
Old 23rd December 2018
Here for the gear

How about modules that are digital like mutable instruments? Or modules based on west coast synthesis like Buchla, or Make Noise.
Old 24th December 2018
Lives for gear

A Behringer 2-Voice in Eurorack format?

This is pure speculation but what would you think of a clone of the Oberheim 2-Voice? It's one of my favourite synth and it's got such a big and warm sound, but unfortunately it's completely out of reach for me - not to mention the 8-Voice..!

If enough of us were interested and asked Behringer, perhaps he'd make it happen?

I've made a mockup of what it could look like. Imagine this one polychained for those truly massive 8-Voice sounds!

Behringer Eurorack Modular-artboard-1-2-voice.jpg

Wishing you a happy and off-white Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Eurorack Modular-artboard-1-2-voice.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search