The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
They are as basic as classic Moog and Roland modulars used to be. I like that very much. More so than multifunction modules.

I hope Music tribe will clone these classic modules for eurorack format and offers them for a fair price.
I'm also into this particular style of modules (that's why I had been interested in the first place).

I hope they won't clone any modules, so the Modular Mania subforum can be able to continue to work as an open discussion board as we know it. (Other than that I'm not against cloning or any vendor entering the module market at all, generally I appreciate any additional choice)
Old 22nd June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
If I am allowed to fulfill a wish,

I have long ago built in Reactor V1.0, an LFO synced to the Midiclock could divide or multiply also created values after the comma.
the special thing was that the clocksynchronous waveform can be shifted in phase, which allows a more accurate rhythmic use of the LFO, s
If interest exist, t have the whole as a file.
I do exactly that with a set of 4MS RCD, 4MS SCM, two Doepfer VCLFO, and a Doepfer Dual Trigger Delay. However, that's a bunch of modules and not very accurate (you "tune" the patch by hand). A swiss army knife type LFO like the one you describe would be welcome. You could use a Maths, or Befaco Rampage but that would exclude that module from other duties (as envelope) and those are of course LFOs with some restrictions. I also like quirky modules, that have some funkyness to them.
Also there's the Rossum Electro Music Control Forge, isn't that module capable of what you want?
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
< You're proposing to bully yourself! Be aware, before you start your crusade, that in anything you do, you bear responsibility? >

< No, you have that completely backwards. Let me explain in brief: Gearslutz is not associated with Behringer. This forum is still completely neutral in this whole mess. You suggesting we're not, doesn't make it so.

We don't want this forum to be flooded with threads and posts about courtcases and legal issues, and here are two reasons why:
First, the main reason is, we want to discuss gear and music production. THAT is the purpose of GS. Not politics, religion, sex, crime, or court cases.
Second, it's not a good idea at all to become entangled into some fight, feud, legal battle. We're not legal experts, and we don't want to be. Without going deeper into this (which would defeat it's purpose!) there are sound legal reasons not to discuss legal issues. That is not just for Gearslutz as a forum but in particular for the users!! If anything, we tried to protect users time and time again by pointing out it can have consequences to accuse anyone, without real, legal evidence. Pointing out their own responsibillity, and cautioned to be careful. We can all see the result of not doing that.

This is far from the first legal battle fought out, over our collective heads and it won't be the last. If you want to do that, go on a crusade, get stuck in, get a million dollar war chest, good lawyers, and fight in a court room, spending the best years of your life on that, this is your prerogative. Good luck! It is however not our choice. (personal experience: been there, done that)

And just to be clear: We do allow opinions, positive and negative, and will never (!) censor or block someone posting that, and even allow calling out a company on mistakes or doing something wrong in the world of music production, but then please, from your OWN experience. It remains always your OWN RESPONSIBILITY what you post. Please take this as a friendly word of caution, that is how this is intended.

So, just like we've deleted accusations without a legal basis, or without a personal experience, we now will delete posts about legal issues. I've spent a few hours this week trying to explain our position, and also my personal opinion. I think this should be enough. Read the posting guidelines please. >
1 i tried to point out to a user why certain language was being avoided, how that is proposing to bully myself is absolute and complete nonsense.
2 I have nothing backwards, do you not visit anywhere else online, i stated a fact, and Gearslutz is very much involved, what an absolutely silly thing to state when you know it is otherwise.

Please feel free to do what you like, you are the moderator that has to bear responsibility for everything you are doing here, i have no problems with anything i have done, i have neither broken any rules or done anything illegal.
I am on no crusade and just replied to posts, please point out where i have started a thread that could be construed as going on any kind of crusade, may i suggest you get over yourself, you are a moderator, not a god, don't accuse me of doing things i haven't done (Cue the delete or ban button)
Old 22nd June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
1 i tried to point out to a user why certain language was being avoided, how that is proposing to bully myself is absolute and complete nonsense.
2 I have nothing backwards, do you not visit anywhere else online, i stated a fact, and Gearslutz is very much involved, what an absolutely silly thing to state when you know it is otherwise.

Please feel free to do what you like, you are the moderator that has to bear responsibility for everything you are doing here, i have no problems with anything i have done, i have neither broken any rules or done anything illegal.
I am on no crusade and just replied to posts, please point out where i have started a thread that could be construed as going on any kind of crusade, may i suggest you get over yourself, you are a moderator, not a god, don't accuse me of doing things i haven't done (Cue the delete or ban button)

< 1. well I could've misinterpreted your intent, I'd be happy if ppl. here spend their time doing positive things, exchange information about production, creative things, instead of putting energy into negative issues. So, I'm sorry if I got that wrong. Thanks for explaining.

2. No, Gearslutz is not involved in this courtcase. We're not the accused, nor the accusing party or associated with either. We're not responsible for what others do, we're not even associated on a business level. Everyone makes their own bed and sleeps in it.

Of course I read opinions, outside of Gearslutz. I've read that thread where the Streisand effect is mentioned (on Muff's) and there are some interesting (and funny) opinions posted there. May I suggest to read all of that thread again?

Personally, I'm not particularly happy with the situation, moderating and writing about this drains energy from me (as any negative thing does) a bit like the "Swarm" in that Star Trek Voyager episode. So, please consider this the last post from me on the topic? I don't want to repeat myself again.

To finish this reply, let's look at the present: The courtcase about what happened on the forum here a year ago, is finished and there has been a ruling. You, or anyone is naturally completely free in liking or disliking a company or person on it's behaviour, and we won't censor opinions positive or negative, as long as it's not trolling or off topic, or attacking other posters for their opinion. So please relax, my purpose here is to HELP people communicate, by making open discussion possible. For that there are rules, to keep it on track, which were written down, after years of experience. (This is not the first **** storm nor will it be the last.) I'm just advising on a personal level, don't start a crusade if you're not ready to see it through to it's end. PM me or any other moderator, if you want to chat. >
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC8364R7 View Post
[...]when that Midifan case (letter) was idiotically brought up.
I also don't like to idiotically bring this up again.

Ooops
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

< 1. well I could've misinterpreted your intent, I'd be happy if ppl. here spend their time doing positive things, exchange information about production, creative things, instead of putting energy into negative issues. So, I'm sorry if I got that wrong. Thanks for explaining.

2. No, Gearslutz is not involved in this courtcase. We're not the accused, nor the accusing party or associated with either. We're not responsible for what others do, we're not even associated on a business level. Everyone makes their own bed and sleeps in it.

Of course I read opinions, outside of Gearslutz. I've read that thread where the Streisand effect is mentioned (on Muff's) and there are some interesting (and funny) opinions posted there. May I suggest to read all of that thread again?

Personally, I'm not particularly happy with the situation, moderating and writing about this drains energy from me (as any negative thing does) a bit like the "Swarm" in that Star Trek Voyager episode. So, please consider this the last post from me on the topic? I don't want to repeat myself again.

To finish this reply, let's look at the present: The courtcase about what happened on the forum here a year ago, is finished and there has been a ruling. You, or anyone is naturally completely free in liking or disliking a company or person on it's behaviour, and we won't censor opinions positive or negative, as long as it's not trolling or off topic, or attacking other posters for their opinion. So please relax, my purpose here is to HELP people communicate, by making open discussion possible. For that there are rules, to keep it on track, which were written down, after years of experience. (This is not the first **** storm nor will it be the last.) I'm just advising on a personal level, don't start a crusade if you're not ready to see it through to it's end. PM me or any other moderator, if you want to chat. >
Not sure why you keep using the word crusade, if you don't want to moderate, contact the admins and ask to be removed, it seems you are struggling with the very basics here, me replying to another user and then replying to you when you threw nonsense at me is no more a crusade than any other reply to any other comment.
Try calming down, i did not start any of this, i did not even say anything about the court case, i just stated that certain things were not being said at GS to avoid such situations.
I am freely talking about the case elsewhere, and to be honest it is one big joke to a lot of people, a certain company is losing a few sales and GS is coming across as a huge mess right now, that is not crusade or conjecture but fact.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

I think it's not a crusade to tell some user that answering his question would violate the rules and that such post would be prone to erasure with possible other consequences to the GS member answering for violating the guidelines?
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I do exactly that with a set of 4MS RCD, 4MS SCM, two Doepfer VCLFO, and a Doepfer Dual Trigger Delay. However, that's a bunch of modules and not very accurate (you "tune" the patch by hand). A swiss army knife type LFO like the one you describe would be welcome. You could use a Maths, or Befaco Rampage but that would exclude that module from other duties (as envelope) and those are of course LFOs with some restrictions. I also like quirky modules, that have some funkyness to them.
Also there's the Rossum Electro Music Control Forge, isn't that module capable of what you want?
I have not known until now that this is possible with modular technology, very costly. This can be possible from the Rossum module, but the operating convenience of the reactor will sooner not be.
I want a module or section in a whole synth, with exactly these functions and dedicated controllers
where I actually miss the most are not modular synths, the whole thing is still very spartan offered so according to the motto wow 1/4 Clock.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Here is the simple truth, and i am sure its quite true for a lot of us, probably even you. During the last 30 years of buying music gear i never cared about how my gear was produced. The question never even crossed my mind.

I never asked about the conditions in the chinese factory that produces Moog innards, i never asked about the conditions in Korgs vietnamese factories, or how Roland, Yamaha and whatever gear was made. Still my studio is full of their gear. Hence i dont care about Behringer working conditions either.

I wouldnt be waiting for Behringer to release classic Roland and Moog modules, if Moog and Roland wouldnt sell these fairly basic and simple to make modules at such high prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
I think it's not a crusade to tell some user that answering his question would violate the rules and that such post would be prone to erasure with possible other consequences to the GS member answering for violating the guidelines?
What makes me feel that there is some kind of crusade going on is that the last 2-3 pages of this thread are cluttered with posts that have absolutely nothing to do with modular gear, whilst the first 20 pages only show slight traces of that.

Your comment about "freedom of speech" in this forum a few posts above for example is absolutely bollocks and appears to me as very agenda driven.

Hope that helps you to understand how you come across at the moment. I wont deny you the right to do so of course, but dont expect me to see you as a victim here. Your driving that boat as hard you can yourself.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here is the simple truth, and i am sure its quite true for a lot of us, probably even you. During the last 30 years of buying music gear i never cared about how my gear was produced. The question never even crossed my mind.

I never asked about the conditions in the chinese factory that produces Moog innards, i never asked about the conditions in Korgs vietnamese factories, or how Roland, Yamaha and whatever gear was made. Still my studio is full of their gear. Hence i dont care about Behringer working conditions either.

I wouldnt be waiting for Behringer to release classic Roland and Moog modules, if Moog and Roland wouldnt sell these fairly basic and simple to make modules at such high prices.

What makes me feel that there is some kind of crusade going on is that the last 2-3 pages of this thread are cluttered with posts that have absolutely nothing to do with modular gear, whilst the first 20 pages only show slight traces of that.

Your comment about "freedom of speech" in this forum a few posts above for example is absolutely bollocks and appears to me as very agenda driven.

Hope that helps you to understand how you come across at the moment. I wont deny you the right to do so of course, but dont expect me to see you as a victim here. Your driving that boat as hard you can yourself.
Huh? It‘s not about freedom of speech in a privately owned forum and I think I didn’t suggest anything like that, probably you mistook me for another poster? Also how would defending that other guy who in my opinion didn‘t post anything offensive but was told it’s a crusade imply I see myself as a victim? Doesn’t make much sense or I don‘t understand you.
Old 22nd June 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
sounds made by lawyers during a trial.
Great album title right there!
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Verse View Post
Only if there were 12 angry tracks.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Huh? It‘s not about freedom of speech in a privately owned forum and I think I didn’t suggest anything like that, probably you mistook me
Well then, on the chance i got you wrong, explain what you meant instead with the following quote. Preferably in a PM, because we again dont talk about modules.

Quote:
I hope they won't clone any modules, so the Modular Mania subforum can be able to continue to work as an open discussion board as we know it.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Verse View Post
I think i would be able to derive several drum kits from the rustling of suits, ties and and suit shoe steps
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Imagine the great samples one could get from capturing the agony of real sharks eating legal sharks... the gurgling water, the gaps for air, the splashing and thrashing about, the cries and screams, the clothing fabric being ripped, the laughter from the other fish who are watching it all, you could open for NiN or Ministry with that kind of sample based drum kit.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well then, on the chance i got you wrong, explain what you meant instead with the following quote. Preferably in a PM, because we again dont talk about modules.
Ah this you mean. One of my favourite posters already left outside the modular subforum. So yes you might say I feel „victimized“ and complain about that as you feel „victimized“ yourself by being offended by my words. Sounds somewhat more dramatic than the usual wording LOL
Old 23rd June 2018
Quote:
I have not known until now that this is possible with modular technology, very costly. This can be possible from the Rossum module, but the operating convenience of the reactor will sooner not be.
I want a module or section in a whole synth, with exactly these functions and dedicated controllers
where I actually miss the most are not modular synths, the whole thing is still very spartan offered so according to the motto wow 1/4 Clock.
what's missing from my eurorack setup is an actual phase shift. but that's possible with an allpass filter. I use a Little Labs IBP, but that's just one channel obviously.
of course a Reaktor based environment offers some freedom, some things are expensive or difficult to do in analogue hardware.
but I'm a little hesitant to try to just translate it 1:1 into a module. there's merit in working within restrictions.
that said, I'm going to look at the allpass plan again.
Old 23rd June 2018
Quote:
Well speak for yourself.
Back at the end of the 80’s when I was in the professional position of being able to use and endorse ANY gear I wanted, I chose to use handmade instruments by very small American companies.
I’ve more or less stuck to that over the years.
It’s a personal choice isn’t it.
Now I buy everything and don’t really endorse anything, and I still prefer to put my money with smaller companies (anywhere globally), that are making things with passion, are innovating, and are following their own path.
I’m not buying gear based purely on price without any regard to the people making the product and their business practices.
Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
CV
I just looked you up on Wiki and noticed you have recorded with Johnny Cash. That has to be a highlight

Dire Straits aren't too bad either I guess
Old 23rd June 2018
It was only one day and not a great song either.
Of course it’s amazing and I’ve been lucky, but I have some other precious moments.
Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
what's missing from my eurorack setup is an actual phase shift. but that's possible with an allpass filter. I use a Little Labs IBP, but that's just one channel obviously.
of course a Reaktor based environment offers some freedom, some things are expensive or difficult to do in analogue hardware.
but I'm a little hesitant to try to just translate it 1:1 into a module. there's merit in working within restrictions.
that said, I'm going to look at the allpass plan again.
an allpass is an analog phase shifter, of course,
but just want an integrated solution preferably digital because of the precision,
a lfo needshow you put it together almost half a rack,
and there could indeed behringer in play. an ultimated lfo module .. with waveshaper phase all possible clock multiplier and divider / gate for rhythmic breaks
and a deepermind 2000 integrated with the same
Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well speak for yourself.
Back at the end of the 80’s when I was in the professional position of being able to use and endorse ANY gear I wanted, I chose to use handmade instruments by very small American companies.
I’ve more or less stuck to that over the years.
It’s a personal choice isn’t it.
Now I buy everything and don’t really endorse anything, and I still prefer to put my money with smaller companies (anywhere globally), that are making things with passion, are innovating, and are following their own path.
I’m not buying gear based purely on price without any regard to the people making the product and their business practices.
that is the question, I have an absolutely snobby gear that is nowadays acting on insane praise, which is so accessible to only a few. man could call it decadent. whether this is handcarved or machine made is playing because no role, rar is rare
what is wrong with it when similar gear suddenly becomes accessible to the great general public?
somehow I know that of a butcher .. who says: a piece of meat needs a story to .. sells better so .. regardless of the quality
Old 23rd June 2018
First, buying something from a small maker that works with passion doesn’t equal ‘exclusive’ or ‘too expensive’.
There are passionate individuals working at all price points in my experience.
Second, there truly has never been a more accessible, affordable time to be buying gear, especially synths and home recording.
To see people still complaining about gear being too expensive boggles my mind.
Most of the B fanboys have already stated they are going to buy all his new products. That’s hardly struggling to afford one synth is it?
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
First, buying something from a small maker that works with passion doesn’t equal ‘exclusive’ or ‘too expensive’.
There are passionate individuals working at all price points in my experience.
Second, there truly has never been a more accessible, affordable time to be buying gear, especially synths and home recording.
To see people still complaining about gear being too expensive boggles my mind.
Most of the B fanboys have already stated they are going to buy all his new products. That’s hardly struggling to afford one synth is it?
These fanboys do not exist, there are only reasonable buyers, like
for example the model d.
These small high-quality manufactories do not exist either in the synthesizer area
all boil with the same water
the very few are even producing anything on their own, outsourcing is normal

sounds like a contribution to the moanzone for me, or what does all this have to do with the 100m system?
Old 24th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC8364R7 View Post
I could argue that in many (most?) of your posts lately, which tend to not focus on the equipment in discussion but on petty politics, i smell a lot of virtue signaling. But this would be as well OT.
Rubbish.
I’m posting in multiple threads specifically about gear.
I’ve not really posted in any Behringer threads for weeks.
People can’t handle the odd critical comment and seem to have to find a sinister reason behind it. Weird.
Old 24th June 2018
Quote:
These fanboys do not exist, there are only reasonable buyers, like
for example the model d.
Just the people who declare they will buy every new Behringer product before they've even heard it. Case in point, these 100m style clones.
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just the people who declare they will buy every new Behringer product before they've even heard it. Case in point, these 100m style clones.
says who, you?

which is not clear to me, what bothers you on the upcoming system 100m, you've never heard of it as the supposed buyer.

i suggest we concentrate on the upcoming products, bring more.
Old 24th June 2018
< Please, let's not focus on the (personal) choices others make, too much? I'm happy that you can discuss this on a mature level, but it is OT, yes. Thank you! >
Old 25th June 2018
Lives for gear

Behringer KB37

@Uli Behringer: Any chance for a Behringer Eurorack keyboard module?

Something like the Waldorf KB37, which is awesome, but way too expensive imo.
Old 25th June 2018
Lives for gear

The one thing that always comes to mind when I see new Roland style modules (Behringer Modular, Roland System-500) is that there are not really a lot duophonic MIDI/CV interfaces (none included in the particular lineups being offered).

However as these converters are not that popular (maybe because duophonic patching is kinda niche anyway) I don't see Behringer putting one into their lineup as well (they mostly seem to go after what people buy the most). Also I would want to see it with a high resolution DAC which has "adjustment zones" (and a calibration audio input) to adopt the CV to the tracking of a given VCO. And glide/ portamento build in (with ability to turn it on/ off durng playing) - nothing is as useless as getting wonky tuning from being forced to use an extermal lag processor after the quantizer IMO.

That device - in its current implementation unfortunately still without the portamento lag processing - exists by a small "boutique" maker (and I think I already would have bought one if the portamento already was implemented). So it would be really a bit unfair to that small boutique maker if there was an affordable version of it. However the high price and the lack of implementation of portamento (at the current time) make me understand how lots of people appreciate cheapification in the synth market. If the module I look for was made by Behringer, given it's sub 200€ and has a decent quality of course I would consider it (before my child has to go to bed hungry because I had dropped the funds on a more expensive module).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search