The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

The one thing I would love is an affordable Moog 960
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Another thread brought this up: The first person that makes a multitrack recorder in Euro format will be a badass. Eight to sixteen tracks of simultaneous recording, please?
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Another thread brought this up: The first person that makes a multitrack recorder in Euro format will be a badass. Eight to sixteen tracks of simultaneous recording, please?
+1

OH... and it is 2018 so it has to include 24Bit 96Khz option or people will not stop laughing
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
With real-time CV+gate recording too?
Not sure how many sequencers out there can record analogue control signals in real time (via ADC) and then spew them back out again to multiple channels without resorting to MIDI conversion?
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

So, like 3x Assimil8ors with more storage space stuffed into 84hp...
Old 1st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
With real-time CV+gate recording too?
Not sure how many sequencers out there can record analogue control signals in real time (via ADC) and then spew them back out again to multiple channels without resorting to MIDI conversion?
My idea is a multi-track recorder with a master clock output that runs in time with your recording so you can clock a sequencer you like best. That way you could overdub and overdub and overdub in time even if you had only one synth.
Kinda like the classic FSK tape sync.
Old 1st June 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
My idea is a multi-track recorder with a master clock output that runs in time with your recording so you can clock a sequencer you like best. That way you could overdub and overdub and overdub in time even if you had only one synth.
+1 on this. Four tracks.
Old 1st June 2018
Quote:
Excellent idea! Give it reset and start stop outputs as well, for easy synced sequencers!
Old 1st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT75 View Post
+1 on this. Four tracks.
Yes, 4 inputs at LEAST.
But maybe like 16 internal tracks.
It would be like the OP-1 tape on steroids with sync output. I picture it pairing with a Orthogonal ER-101 or something.
And maybe you could set up "cue" loop points to jump between for performances. You could also do your copying, slicing and pasting to build up a whole song.

And it would be much more than a looper. It would be able to record tracks as long as an SD card can handle.
So you can use it to make full songs and projects.
Then you can drop those tracks into your DAW later for more in-depth mixing/processing.
Old 1st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
Excellent idea! Give it reset and start stop outputs as well, for easy synced sequencers!
Definitely.
Old 1st June 2018
Gear Addict

Exclamation

Quote:

........ It would be able to record tracks as long as an SD card can handle.
So you can use it to make full songs and projects.
Then you can drop those tracks into your DAW later for more in-depth mixing/processing.
Yes this is what I like to have in my rack!
Old 2nd June 2018
Did you guys see the new EH looper? that thing needs a clock and reset input! or output. or both!

specs:
-Import / export .WAV files to MAC or PC via the built-in USB port
-TAP Button allows you to set loop BPM
-Quantize or non-quantize (free running) recording modes
-Speed adjust over a 2-octave range
-Overdub or punch in / out recording
-Reverse playback and recording
-Loop progress may be displayed in Bar/Beat format
-Expression pedal control over loop volume
-Left/right outputs, Monitor Out, Headphone Output
Old 2nd June 2018
Lives for gear

I saw that video yeah, not enough inputs for me.
But it's close.

The OP-1's tape is such a cool feature that I'm surprised we haven't seen products that build on that idea.
Or Teenage Engineering for that matter.
If they took the tape concept, beefed it up to 8-16 tracks, added track volume and pan controls, clock in and out etc. they'd have a really serious product going.
Imagine basically an OP-1 with no internal synths, you supply the external synths/sound sources etc.
Old 2nd June 2018
RiF
Lives for gear

1010Music‘s bitbox comes pretty close to this idea. Syncable, multiple tracks (I am not sure how many tracks it can play off the sd card, though as shorter samples areplayed from memory and yield a higher voice count), unlimited track length.
Old 2nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
Did you guys see the new EH looper? that thing needs a clock and reset input! or output. or both!

specs:
-Import / export .WAV files to MAC or PC via the built-in USB port
-TAP Button allows you to set loop BPM
-Quantize or non-quantize (free running) recording modes
-Speed adjust over a 2-octave range
-Overdub or punch in / out recording
-Reverse playback and recording
-Loop progress may be displayed in Bar/Beat format
-Expression pedal control over loop volume
-Left/right outputs, Monitor Out, Headphone Output
Nice, but £500.. and not sure if each loop can be a different length?
Nice alternative to simple laptop looping, and maybe even some basic Ableton performances.
Old 2nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
Nice, but £500.. and not sure if each loop can be a different length?
Nice alternative to simple laptop looping, and maybe even some basic Ableton performances.
The Reggie Watts demo video for EH showcases its capabilities pretty well. IIRC it's this one, but if not its one of the others on YT:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gK9dAu8o4s#
Old 3rd June 2018
Lives for gear

I want fukking dinosaurs!!!
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

Couldn't agree more .
I'd say ban MR.B .and let him create his own music tribe forum , the fanboys will follow and gearslutz will be a better place
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

If I am allowed to fulfill a wish,

I have long ago built in Reactor V1.0, an LFO synced to the Midiclock could divide or multiply also created values after the comma.
the special thing was that the clocksynchronous waveform can be shifted in phase, which allows a more accurate rhythmic use of the LFO, s
If interest exist, t have the whole as a file.
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
Couldn't agree more .
I'd say ban MR.B .and let him create his own music tribe forum , the fanboys will follow and gearslutz will be a better place
Why? He gets more feedback from users here, and in exchange we get the gear we've been wishing for. How is this a bad thing?
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why? He gets more feedback from users here, and in exchange we get the gear we've been wishing for. How is this a bad thing?
Go and read the news elsewhere, there are things afoot.
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

yeah they're setting up the longest thread on the
internet over on the other one. plan is to keep
rehashing the same theme - that we were getting
before, but now enhanced with a feedback howl
control: the way it works is you set up your Indignation
Level control, and then you plug it in at the back,
and you get to be more indignant when you get a
reaction. but internet history is being made over there,
so go and check it out. (single most repetitive thread
ever seen on a forum)
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

When I first saw his appearance I was happy to see such a CEO post over here

Now I can honestly say thanks not interested in this style

These modules are fairly basic anyway regarding their functionality and it doesn’t seem a price point worth considering it over brands where I like the way of interacting with gear users more.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

What?
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
What?
It‘s not allowed to mention a certain factor which might or might not influence one‘s purchase, even unspecific posting is prone to be deleted now.

We must keep the discussion purely on the gear so all I am allowed to say is that I am glad neither the feature set nor the price point would make me stick to the module I was interested in - to me the sentimental value also is an important factor. I don‘t mind if someone takes an old design as basis - most of my modules are like that (and not produced by the inventor of the first original design of its kind).

However I can‘t fully ignore some other things, even if they are not in the scope of things being allowed to be discussed - at least at this point (or are the rules just applied more strictly when it comes to the „ordinary“ GS members?) as sentiments still influence my purchase.

Lucky enough it‘s still allowed to mention one might not want to purchase something for reasons not to be discussed over here, finding nothing is lost really if buying an alternative as the stuff is not super unique. As that qualifies as „on topic gear discussion“, opposed to that other stuff which now also influences my gear decision.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

If he posts why he is not buying, he will either be thrown out of the thread, or banned, or the thread will go the same route as others and be closed by the mods.
Plain enough ?

As pointed out on another place of discussion Streisand effect - Wikipedia has now kicked in for Gearslutz and this company, the more they try to stop people talking about it, the worse it gets.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

The moan zone is also having any mention removed
All he is doing is trying to stay within current rules, you are the one that asked for plain english lol.
Old 22nd June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
If he posts why he is not buying, he will either be thrown out of the thread, or banned, or the thread will go the same route as others and be closed by the mods.
Plain enough ?
< You're proposing to bully yourself! Be aware, before you start your crusade, that in anything you do, you bear responsibility? >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
As pointed out on another place of discussion Streisand effect - Wikipedia has now kicked in for Gearslutz and this company, the more they try to stop people talking about it, the worse it gets.
< No, you have that completely backwards. Let me explain in brief: Gearslutz is not associated with Behringer. This forum is still completely neutral in this whole mess. You suggesting we're not, doesn't make it so.

We don't want this forum to be flooded with threads and posts about courtcases and legal issues, and here are two reasons why:
First, the main reason is, we want to discuss gear and music production. THAT is the purpose of GS. Not politics, religion, sex, crime, or court cases.
Second, it's not a good idea at all to become entangled into some fight, feud, legal battle. We're not legal experts, and we don't want to be. Without going deeper into this (which would defeat it's purpose!) there are sound legal reasons not to discuss legal issues. That is not just for Gearslutz as a forum but in particular for the users!! If anything, we tried to protect users time and time again by pointing out it can have consequences to accuse anyone, without real, legal evidence. Pointing out their own responsibillity, and cautioned to be careful. We can all see the result of not doing that.

This is far from the first legal battle fought out, over our collective heads and it won't be the last. If you want to do that, go on a crusade, get stuck in, get a million dollar war chest, good lawyers, and fight in a court room, spending the best years of your life on that, this is your prerogative. Good luck! It is however not our choice. (personal experience: been there, done that)

And just to be clear: We do allow opinions, positive and negative, and will never (!) censor or block someone posting that, and even allow calling out a company on mistakes or doing something wrong in the world of music production, but then please, from your OWN experience. It remains always your OWN RESPONSIBILITY what you post. Please take this as a friendly word of caution, that is how this is intended.

So, just like we've deleted accusations without a legal basis, or without a personal experience, we now will delete posts about legal issues. I've spent a few hours this week trying to explain our position, and also my personal opinion. I think this should be enough. Read the posting guidelines please. >
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

I am happy with the more rigid moderation on legal stuff. I am here for the gear.

I am as interested in legal opinions of musicians as i am interested in sounds made by lawyers during a trial.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
These modules are fairly basic anyway regarding their functionality
They are as basic as classic Moog and Roland modulars used to be. I like that very much. More so than multifunction modules.

I hope Music tribe will clone these classic modules for eurorack format and offers them for a fair price.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search