The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 30th April 2018
Here for the gear

you guys should do a roland juno clone with an attached keyboard. also maybe a sub 37 clone.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toanzoan View Post
you guys should do a roland juno clone with an attached keyboard. also maybe a sub 37 clone.
Personally, an SH-101 and/or SH-2 clone (in an 84hp format with loads of CV) is what I'd like to see, or maybe a Crumar Spirit, or a Wasp, or all of the above.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac

Mid/Side matrix, please!) there's only a few out there, especially in eurorack, especially cheap and already assembled
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Head

I'll just post again what I asked for in a different thread, asking you to get into the eurorack
Cases with power supplies and the basic tools you always need and always sound the same who ever makes them and you don't need to sell and upgrade, like the mixers, stuff like mutables links, kinks. what I believe is called the plumbing. Lots of plumbing
A wav loadable wavetable osc. Personally not bothered about any classic modules (though I might buy others suggestions) I'll be happy just to buy one of your euro/standalone clones to cover those tones. Such great value anyway.
Great job by the way with the D, any news that my July delivery date for it could happen sooner than expected. It's going to be torture waiting
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toanzoan View Post
you guys should do a roland juno clone with an attached keyboard.
That's pretty much what Deepmind is, but with some extra features.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoundsman View Post
I'll just post again what I asked for in a different thread, asking you to get into the eurorack
Cases with power supplies and the basic tools you always need and always sound the same who ever makes them and you don't need to sell and upgrade, like the mixers, stuff like mutables links, kinks. what I believe is called the plumbing. Lots of plumbing
A wav loadable wavetable osc. Personally not bothered about any classic modules (though I might buy others suggestions) I'll be happy just to buy one of your euro/standalone clones to cover those tones. Such great value anyway.
Great job by the way with the D, any news that my July delivery date for it could happen sooner than expected. It's going to be torture waiting
Uli recently confirmed that they're working on eurorack cases, but also said (and I'm paraphrasing from memory) that it's too early in the process to share any details.
Old 1st May 2018
Here for the gear

Apart from a sequencer like the Korg SQ1 but with 32 steps and a super low cost LFO that can reach audible frequencies, the only thing I want to see are Eurorack versions of existing Behringer reverb, chirus and delay pedals. Apart from the aesthetics of integrating everything, it is practical to have everything powered from one source rather than a Eurorack PSU and a pedal PSU.

Sub-oscillators are always useful but I would love to use some shimmer reverbs as well.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

It will be terrible shame if there aren't at least several of their Pedals and FX units released in eurorack versions *with robust CV implementations*. FFS don't just mount them on a panel..
Old 1st May 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
FFS don't just mount them on a panel..

Actually I thought of a really serious gap in the sub hundred dollar range. I would love to use the midi clock on a DAW sent over USB and plugged into a module that translates it into cv. If Ableton has a track at 76.42 bpm, I want my modular beats driven at 76.42.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Are those diamonds question marks?

In any case, what I'm saying is - there is a world of difference between a true modular effect with a robust CV implementation, and simply taking something like a guitar pedal and mounting it behind a eurorack faceplate with hardly any CV control over it's parameters. Anyone can remount something, but that adds no new functionality and no new value. The important part about modular gear is the patching and modulating possibilities via CV, not how they mount.

A remounted Tube Screamer, for example, with no new functions is nearly pointless. But one with the ability to modulate each knob via CV actually adds value over the plain pedal. Lol at how ZVex did his Fuzz Factory and Lo-Fi Junkie eurorack conversions... he gets it...

This may seem obvious, but there are lots of modules with very minimal CV i/o and they largely miss the entire point.
Old 1st May 2018
Here for the gear

They were a smiley but damn iphone posting... The thought of bunging a pedal onto a blank plate made me snigger considering I don’t like outboard gear from an OCD appearances point of view.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Head
I'm late to the party. I know it was said 100 times before, but good cases! Cases with awesome power supplies, especially one that can be used as carry on luggage!!
Old 1st May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post

This may seem obvious, but there are lots of modules with very minimal CV i/o and they largely miss the entire point.
They don’t necessarily ‘miss the point’. I do a lot of value changing by hand, it’s quicker than setting up a voltage to do exactly what you want to hear.
Old 1st May 2018
Here for the gear

Clone this ULI!
YouTube
A 185 SEQUENCER FOR 100 BUCKS WOULD BE AWESOME,
CUZ INTELLIJEL METROPOLIS RUNS AT CLOSE TO 600,
fugg that!!!
Like how the 185 runs vertically 2, would be rad!

xxx zasu pittz
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Nut

Seriously, Uli, your products and price points are great. But pls. do work on the design of the faceplates. The 100 series here look especially awful. Maybe just do them in black like Roland? What about hiring the firm of Elektron to do a corporate ID for your synth and Eurorack division? Neutron also looks like a nightmare.

You'd sell a lot more. I'd also do a custom logo for your synth and Eurorack division w/o the ugly 90s yellow etc.

Increase the price by 20 bucks and use premium components. Really nice knobs, solid metal, nice non-glossy coatings example.

The cheap look of some of the products turns me off a bit, tbh. Even the Behringer D - the best of the new products - looks suboptimal.

Just take a look at Electrons webpage and see how it is done today.

My two cents, but your internal design dept. could need some professional help.

Besides this, I am very excited to see your new products!
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Roland new System 500 modules:

YouTube
Old 2nd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
They don’t necessarily ‘miss the point’. I do a lot of value changing by hand, it’s quicker than setting up a voltage to do exactly what you want to hear.
So do I, primarily with regular pedals and other non modular gear.

And there are really only two things that other gear, especially effects, don't do:

Mount in a unified format, and offer CV access to the parameters. It's literally the only thing unique and interesting about modular gear; heck - it's nearly the entire point of modular when you get down to it... (A) break up functional bits into separate modules, (B) offer CV control over parameters, and (C) mount in a common form. How is skipping 1/3 of the point not missing the point? It's exactly like making a cheeseburger and skipping the freaking cheese.

Obviously it's cool if you or anyone else wants to wiggle various knobs, so do I sometimes, and I'm certainly not advocating for the removal of the knobs/panel controls, but there is already hordes upon hordes of gear that works that way.

But what they don't have - primarily - is CV control over their parameters. Mooger Foogers and such being some of the scant few exceptions.
Old 2nd May 2018
Lives for gear

We don't seem to have many chorus effects in Euro. Technically you can make one with a delay, LFO, and attenuator, but fine-tuning it kind of sucks when all you want is a basic chorus sound. I wouldn't mind seeing a euro implementation of some of the old Behry chorus pedals.
Old 3rd May 2018
Gear Head

Just my 2cents, but I love the grey system100 aesthetic.
If it were my project, I would spread the i/o and controls out nice and wide to make larger modules, but I understand the market demands higher density.
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by decurion99 View Post
Seriously, Uli, your products and price points are great. But pls. do work on the design of the faceplates. The 100 series here look especially awful. Maybe just do them in black like Roland?
Nah, they look great.
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

I like the utilitarian, monochromatic, grayscale, industrial look and price.

My art adds the color, my tools need not be colorful and embellished with accoutrements.
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

Given the usual colors used in modular, I think this shade of grey will stand out nicely.
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

I think a smart move for Behringer would be a product (software + hardware) that helps the DAW user integrate Eurorack stuff more easily with a DAW.

There's already a product available (Expert Sleepers Silent Way), but i guess Behringer's muscle power could take it to another level.

See here:
YouTube

and here:
YouTube
Old 4th May 2018
Reaktor Blocks is 'another level' IMO.
Much easier to set up and use than Expert Sleepers.
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Maniac
Hi Uli,

On your Pro One prototype, I have a comment. If you place the Behringer Pro-One into a Eurorack case as it stands, it appears that you don't have the ability to doing anything with the Mod Wheel--(edit-actually there is a midi input on front panel I didn't notice before). A CV input for the mod wheel would be cool though.

Thanks for you consideration.

Last edited by T-Verse; 9th May 2018 at 12:36 AM..
Old 10th May 2018
Deleted User
3 Best Eurorack Clone Choices

Hi Uli,
It might help if we look at this from the East Coast and West Coast approaches, and ask what is the very best synthesizer from each. I am not saying this is an objective fact; it's just my subjective opinion that the Minimoog D was the best old-school East Coast monophonic lead synthesizer ever made. For me, you could not have made a better choice. Eurorack strikes me as more of a West Coast philosophy, so the Mini d is great for getting East Coast artists interested in eurorack.

What was the best West Coast synthesizer? For me that's the EMS VCS3. Although I would love to have this and the ARP 2600 as full-size exact clones, separate eurorack modules would be a no-brainer purchase for me.

Thanks you for everything you are doing.

John Chiappone
Old 10th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDreamStudio View Post
Eurorack strikes me as more of a West Coast philosophy, so the Mini d is great for getting East Coast artists interested in eurorack.

What was the best West Coast synthesizer? For me that's the EMS VCS3.
John Chiappone
Almost everything you are stating is wrong. That's the problem when you have people with very little understanding/experience giving advice.

Old 10th May 2018
... the west coast of the Thames river, perhaps?

Old 10th May 2018
Exactly - Putney.
Old 10th May 2018
Deleted User
Sorry if I offended you with my inferior intellect. This was my first post, and your response wasn't exactly: welcome to the community. It would have been more useful if you would have given an example of what you think is wrong with my post - instead of saying that almost everything is wrong. The problem is that you gave my post the worst possible interpretation. I didn't say that these synths are the best ever made - like that's an objective fact for every person; like you should agree with me. I was talking from my personal preference, my aesthetic choice, and my subjective truth, and when you talk about what you like, you can never be wrong. It's only when you talk about what others should like that you become wrong. I was also trying to complement Uli because he deserves it. What you said sounds like you also think Uli is a moron because he picked the mini d. He deserves better than that, and so do I.

Here is what I think was wrong with my post. Uli is looking for our single module preferences, and I didn't give him that because I trust in his ability to make good choices, and because I'm more interested in a new version of the ARP and EMS. You don't need to be interested in that - by the way. It's just what I want.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search