The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

As I said before, I own a System 500 and would, in a heartbeat, buy the whole collection of these 100m modules. Heck, I might even buy 2 sets.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
Roland has new/additional ones coming out, too. And of all the companies who don't need another reason to not make analog gear again, it's Roland. I'd rather they be given a wide berth with their analog gear such that they continue to even consider the path again. They're already so far down the virtual/ACB rabbit hole it may be too late anyway, but there's still little pockets of hope that they will one day return to their roots and former glory - making analog gear.
I said it back when I saw Roland was making the System 500 modules, they should have done baby steps and started with an SH-101 clone to test the waters.
They could have done a 1:1 SH-101 re-release and it would have done gangbusters.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Plenty of modules here that are NOT part of the System 500 line.
They're each 16hp and $100
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dvc-110-vco_vcf_vca-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dvd-140-dual-envelope_lfo-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dve-182-analog-sequencer-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dw2-112-dual-vco-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dw3-121-dual-vcf-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg  

Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dw4-130-dual-vca-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dw5-131-mixer_oscillator_headphone-amp-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dw6-132-dual-cv_audio-mixer-cv-generator-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dw7-150-ring-mod_noise_s-h_lfo-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dw8-165-dual-portamento-controller-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg  

Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dw9-172-phase-shifter_audio-delay_gate-delay_lfo-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dwa-173-quad-signal-gate-patch-bay-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg   Behringer Eurorack Modular-hype-grap-ph_approval_p0dwb-174-parametric-eq-mid_2018-04-20_rev.jpg  
Old 21st April 2018
Gear Maniac

Not officially yet, at least. They’re teasing the 510 (110) full voice, and 555 ( combo of 150/165 ) and some weird hybrid of their mixer. Defenitely excited for and need the sequencer. I said elsewhere that I’d buy a few of the sequencers just to have 3 independent tracks going!
Old 21st April 2018
Gear Nut

I'm sure it's been listed already but all the modules to be able to assemble an Arp 2600 !!!
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

I would buy the whole collection , im serious !
I have never been that interested in Eurorack because of the price but at this price point im in.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Yea, i guess i wouldnt be able to contain myself eitehr at these prices.

Supporting the ideas of ARP 2600 and MS20 and wouldnt mind model D based Osc and VCF.

Btw. just to have it out of my system:
I dont mind cloning much, but i would be very unhappy if Uli came to sell SEM's as long as Tom Oberheim is selling them himself.
However,if MUSIC Tribe would collaborate with him to release the modules he had shown during NAMM 2-3 years ago, that would be very awesome.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovietpop View Post
I would buy the whole collection , im serious !
I have never been that interested in Eurorack because of the price but at this price point im in.
Yep one every paycheck. My bank is quivering with nervousness.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
I like to share with you the initial drafts of our M100 Eurorack Series.
Thanks!

Uli
They do look lovely and functional/useful.

It would be smashing if for those modules showing a little bit of 'spare' panel space some CV Input could be implemented.

- 131 Output Mixer: CV control over Inputs Levels and/or Pan

- 174 Parametric EQ: CV control over Frequency and/or bandwidth

- 140 Dual Envelope + LFO: CV control over Attack time of the 2 Envelopes

Personally, I would not get upset (or I don't really care ) if a new rendition of a classic ends up offering more CV Inputs than the original

Old 21st April 2018
Gear Maniac
if you dont build ALL of those modules and offer them as a complete set i probably wont get any
Old 21st April 2018
Here for the gear

Theres a small debate going about the sequencer, basically does it have a reset or not, one way of thinking is the tempo CV is actually Clk in and dictates the tempo that way leaving the trigger input to reset, or if the Tempo CV literally gives you full CV control over tempo and Trig in is the normal Clk In.

How did the originals work. Without a reset?
Old 21st April 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
if you dont build ALL of those modules and offer them as a complete set i probably wont get any
Thats assured so they can get rid of the slower stock that way.
Old 21st April 2018
Gear Guru

I would also like to see preconfigured sets - i.e. standard 2 osc mono with all required mults to approximate say, an Odyssey or an SH2. The less thinking people will have to do, the easier they’ll click the buy button.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

I looked closely at them all last night and decided I'd fill an entire 9Ux84hp case full of 15 of them, every one of them but the 110 but with 2x the dual VCOs, dual VCAs, and dual ENVs, all for less $ than the base Roland 500 set.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Btw. just to have it out of my system:
I dont mind cloning much, but i would be very unhappy if Uli came to sell SEM's as long as Tom Oberheim is selling them himself.
However,if MUSIC Tribe would collaborate with him to release the modules he had shown during NAMM 2-3 years ago, that would be very awesome.
Funny. I PM'd Uli yesterday suggesting/encouraging that very thing. Who knows if Tom would be amenable, but his launch of the SEM modules has been slow coming and might be stalled for any number of reasons, and it would be great if they could work together to get them done.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Take the TC Electronic code from the Fireworx, put it in a module with CV control.

Like a Mutable Plaits for effects.
Old 22nd April 2018
Here for the gear

Module suggestion

Unbuffered mult, please!
2 × jacks per mult is enough.
Old 22nd April 2018
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmattis View Post
Unbuffered mult, please!
2 × jacks per mult is enough.
The 173 module has 6 4x-mults.
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
I would also like to see preconfigured sets - i.e. standard 2 osc mono with all required mults to approximate say, an Odyssey or an SH2. The less thinking people will have to do, the easier they’ll click the buy button.
maybe - a synth ain't a meal tho
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetica View Post
I'm sure it's been listed already but all the modules to be able to assemble an Arp 2600 !!!
Maybe some ARP 2500 modules might be interesting too, or both for a hybrid that is still smaller than either of the originals?
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

I still think that a digital patching system would be worth investigating.

1. build a patching buss for CV and audio into each module

2. send/receive the control/audio signals on the busses via a single internal buss to a separate patching module (default), or via a single cable connection between each module and patching module

3. The patching module handles the connections between different busses, either via software (allowing presets and sequencing of patching), or via physical cables for conventional patching
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
I still think that a digital patching system would be worth investigating.
Digital modulation matrices tend to be very tedious things.
They are the opposite of what i would call the modular approach.

Embrace volatile memory

or lern to sample
Old 22nd April 2018
Yeah, trying to make modular something it isn't.
The joy is in the exploration, repatching. That's where you discover new sounds.
Once you have spent a bit of time with modular you learn how to get to a certain place from scratch quite quickly.
So, in a way, you start from scratch every time.
And in doing so find new things.
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Digital modulation matrices tend to be very tedious things.
They are the opposite of what i would call the modular approach.

Embrace volatile memory

or lern to sample
I can imagine, but I'm proposing a CV routing matrix that can be patched with cables if needed, so not that different from the conventional approach?

One motivation for this is to remove the spaghetti of cables from the panel controls.

I'm sure that Behringer won't be particularly interested in this approach TBH, but it is just a suggestion based on my own dislike for conventional patching on small-format modular systems.
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Yeah, trying to make modular something it isn't.
The joy is in the exploration, repatching. That's where you discover new sounds.
Once you have spent a bit of time with modular you learn how to get to a certain place from scratch quite quickly.
So, in a way, you start from scratch every time.
And in doing so find new things.
I'm not proposing that all connections are hard-wired or programmable.

The approach is like the Neutron: patch bay separate from the modules, making them easier to see and change.

Also, I'm proposing that as an option, a digital patching module could handle the connections between modules, but you could still use a cable-based patch bay module instead.

For me, the advantage of digital bussing of CV and audio signals is that you can take different approaches.
Old 22nd April 2018
Here for the gear

Dear Berry,

i wish a 5 stage envelope with LED indicators for each stage, similar to the one in Roland MC 909 (original reference photo at shrani.si url http://shrani.si/f/2U/WI/4yIpujDP/19...8365509863.jpg ), with a dedicated hardwired lfo that has a routing switch
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

this sequencer module seems to be missing...

Old 23rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanik View Post

There's a sequencer is the previews they released, but it is a bit different.

Old 23rd April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanik View Post

would be awesome. a spec'd down Intellijel Metropolis.
Old 23rd April 2018
Lives for gear

I love these sequencers with arbitrary voltages. Not tied to quantized notes. Then you can do funky micro-tuning jams.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search