The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Eurorack Modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Dear Uli.

I have for a long time been searching for a suitable alternative for Simmons SDS-V and Simmons SDS-8. Can you please make clones of these in Eurorack? There are NONE alternatives on the market!

I'm begging.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Yes please!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Yes Please!

FX

- a real nice delay with cv controls of course
- dsp fx with swap in swap out card - phaser, flanger, reverbs
- a good audio quality mixer 4 channel with expanders to add in 4s
don't need a million featurs, pan (cv), mute, level - expander for aux if required
Old 1 week ago
There are a lot of drum modules with the same features as SDSV.
An oscillator, a noise and a mix between them.
SSF Entity, Buranix Dredrum, EMW Analog Drum for example.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
There are a lot of drum modules with the same features as SDSV.
An oscillator, a noise and a mix between them.
SSF Entity, Buranix Dredrum, EMW Analog Drum for example.
I knew there was other drum modules available, just not Simmons.

It's about the sound and the "Bend" is also important, many modules do not have that.
Old 1 week ago
Sure, I have an SDSV and several modular drum modules. They have on board envelopes, you just set the env to go to the pitch of the oscillator, blend the noise in and you have exactly what the SDSV does.
Just about ALL of them have pitch bend in fact.

Old 1 week ago
Nexialist

A case would be lovely. 3 EuroU high, a PSU, a handle on the top and front and back removable covers.

For £100.

(A man can dream).

Actually, Euro FX are a great idea. Can we have an Ursa Major Space Staion please?

Stephen

Last edited by Stephen Bennett; 1 week ago at 04:56 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
so you don't like good looking synths/drum machines with nice wooden end cheeks and thoughtful ergonomics I take it..?
If you had nothing to eat for days ,you really REALLY don't give a single f*ck if your next meal will be nicely presented and decorated.
IN the words of the great dave chappele
" I'm broke n**gah , I'm broke"
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Incredible amount of new members and all because of some teasing of Behringer euro rack modules..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Start with the basics of what you already have:

Neutron OSC and VCF modules (in black...or something non red please )
Deepminds effects section module...maybe split it into few modules, for maybe less effects but more cv options.

Then innovate as you did with deepmind and neutron, and imho even haters will look into Behringer products.

Also i know it's not the place, but i remember when you started all this synth thing, you said there will be some synths in 50$ or so price range (i imagine something like volcas)...is it still happening?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Herr Uli,

so excited to hear about this news.

please bring Roland system modules to Eurorack.
if they are as close to Roland as your Model D to Moog, would be amazing!

please LOTS of CV input for various parameters, and knobs for attenuators

Roland TR-* drum module, don't care digital or what,
ALL IN ONE module, i.e. user selects 606, 707, 808, 909 from menu/button.
module would have several triggers outputs for Kick, Snare, Hats, etc.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksynth View Post
Herr Uli,

so excited to hear about this news.

please bring Roland system modules to Eurorack.
Roland have done that!
There are also existing Roland modules by System80, Intellijel and Frequency Central.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Make it with same reddish color that you used on neutron so it will fit together!

Another metalic/gray modules will be boring.

And how about making something that we can't find in neutron in the first place. I you gonna start with with oscillators and envelopes, there is no reason for buying neutron.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Incredible amount of new members
Mysterious.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Incredible amount of new members and all because of some teasing of Behringer euro rack modules..
some of us are lurkers, i lurked here for ~12 years.
Old 1 week ago
Three suggestions:
1. produce something that is unique, has no equivalent in eurorack presently. (not easy but possible)
pushing the small manufacturers out of the market will serve no one in the end. it will make eurorack less appealing.
2. produce combination modules, like the Model D form factor, but half it's size
the trick here is in unique combinations (filter & sequenced LFO etc., or FX with envelope)
3. what eurorack is lacking is STEREO modules (to process stereo audio)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
It is weirdly active. Modular sub-forum is ordinarily quieter than electronic. When I posted about the A4 yesterday (admittedly my first active foray in the modular sub), I barely got any responses, as do many posts. Then Uli comes along and it’s a heaving thoroughfare.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Analog eurorack breath controller....pretty please?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinkle View Post

It's about the sound and the "Bend" is also important, many modules do not have that.
Sorry mate, you just HAVEN'T tried them.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstirlitz View Post
It is weirdly active. Modular sub-forum is ordinarily quieter than electronic. When I posted about the A4 yesterday (admittedly my first active foray in the modular sub), I barely got any responses, as do many posts. Then Uli comes along and it’s a heaving thoroughfare.
The prospect of shiny boxes for not much money appeals more than the modular workflow I think.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
The prospect of shiny boxes for not much money appeals more than the modular workflow I think.
Lol.

So, really, the winning answer should be “Uli, I don’t care what it is you make, just make it with big knobs that go up to 11, sliders, growly noise, and leds, lots of leds”
Old 1 week ago
zLw
Gear Head
yamaha's fs1r in euro, can be two voices, heck a single voice
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry mate, you just HAVEN'T tried them.
I have. But I forgive you for.. what ever you are sorry about. I guess you and I won't agree and let's leave it for the sake of this thread.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
I was reading stuff here for half of my life.
I didn't feel the need to wright something ,usually I was looking for advice that where already there.
But these news made me so excited I had to register .
Beeing poor with a passion for something is a bitch .
And the term "poor" has a different meaning than some rich countries' "poor".
I skipped too many meals (literally) just to get a vcf ,vco,psu,I don't care if you understand really and I hope you don't relate to all this ,but it is a reality for many many people.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Uli - may I suggest that there are plenty of oscillators and 24lb LP filters in eurorack.... too many. I'm not saying don't make them, because cheap full oscillators are ALWAYS welcome as I prefer them over dedicated LFOs as modulators, but consider making multifunctional utility modules like rectifiers, voltage sources, offsets, multipliers, dividers, attenuators, attenuvertors, patch matrices to reduce cable clutter, a module that is only inputs and multiples - like 14 jacks arranged in a circle (7 on top, 7 on bottom) with a giant knob in the middle that connects the opposing jacks. And definitely think of newer controllers.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

We want to collaborate with you

Since I opened this thread a few days ago, I have been approached by some of you and asked if we would consider to manufacture their design in return for a potential design fee.

I think this is a great idea and I truly believe in this vision. It will allow many of you who do not have the funds or experience to enter the market with your designs.

So, if you are a creative designer/developer/small company, we would like to invite you to collaborate with us for us to build modules together.

What does that mean?

You present is with your design (you need to have at least a working prototype) and perhaps show us a video etc. so we can understand your concept.

Provided you are OK with it, we could then post the video here and if there is enough interest, we would consider manufacturing and distributing the product for you. In return we would allow you to get a percentage of the revenue.

At the same time we would be featuring you and your designs so you get the well deserved exposure.

In short, we are willing to share our complete manufacturing, supply chain and marketing power with you, while you can focus on designing great modules. Of course we are more than happy to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so you are protected.

What do you think?

Uli
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
you realise this is about eurorack modular right..?
yes... Electrix is already fit for eurorack... and i think...At the begining... The Rane MP2016 was setting for a Eurorack With Behringer... Noting is impossible
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Obviously not
I don't know if your comment is for me but... If it the case Is it possible to be polite ? Thank you and have a great day !
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I'm not sure why it's so mind-boggling that people are signing up - this is the epicentre of the event. Reddit/news sites/etc will all be linking here.. the same thing happened in the UB-Xa thread. Especially as this is a modular discussion and the modular sub-forum is relatively new on GS (was setup recentlyish when Muffs was down for a while?)

Uli: I think that's a great idea. I was thinking about Mutable yesterday, and although we don't want Mutable clones I was thinking it'd be interesting if you worked together to leverage Behringer's new factory benefiting all (both companies and the end user with pricing..) This would probably be an attractive proposition to a lot of small boutique makers who are currently having to assemble their modules by hand. Nice option!
Old 1 week ago
epk
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
We want to collaborate with you

Since I opened this thread a few days ago, I have been approached by some of you and asked if we would consider to manufacture their design in return for a potential design fee.

I think this is a great idea and I truly believe in this vision. It will allow many of you who do not have the funds or experience to enter the market with your designs.

So, if you are a creative designer/developer/small company, we would like to invite you to collaborate with us for us to build modules together.

What does that mean?

You present is with your design (you need to have at least a working prototype) and perhaps show us a video etc. so we can understand your concept.

Provided you are OK with it, we could then post the video here and if there is enough interest, we would consider manufacturing and distributing the product for you. In return we would allow you to get a percentage of the revenue.

At the same time we would be featuring you and your designs so you get the well deserved exposure.

In short, we are willing to share our complete manufacturing, supply chain and marketing power with you, while you can focus on designing great modules. Of course we are more than happy to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so you are protected.

What do you think?

Uli
This is an interesting idea. The NDA is good, but if the decision to manufacture depends on a crowdsourced vote and the video is public, how does that protect a design?

If Behringer declines to produce a design, the designer now either gives up on commercially producing their design or has to find another avenue for production. Meanwhile they've exposed their design to the world.

This model might be ok for some people, but it would be a last resort for me unless there is better protection for my IP.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search