The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How can I lower the noise/hiss on my Morphagene Modular Synthesizers
Old 12th April 2018
Gear Head

How can I lower the noise/hiss on my Morphagene

Not sure if It's always been like this since I haven't used it in a little while, but I seem to be getting a lot of noise on the recording, I auto level the audio and keep it to a reasonable level on the source of the audio, but the auto level just instantly brings a lot of noise in the background but without auto level the audio is too quiet... not sure what to do?
Old 12th April 2018
My morph is as quiet as a mouse. Do you mean using my samples off the card or recording with the morph itself?
Are you sending a eurorack signal into it? Sounds like no if it isn’t hot enough. Don’t use the auto level imo. Make your source louder.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I’ve had the same thing happen with a microphone plugged into an Mutable Ears and then into the Morphgene. When recording quiet sounds there was not enough level so I engaged Auto Leveling. The noise was very significant, and unusable. Louder sources or mic into a cleaner higher gain mic pre mic help.
If preparing files externally (Pro Tools) what would be a good level to master the files for the Morphagene?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoulsound View Post
If preparing files externally (Pro Tools) what would be a good level to master the files for the Morphagene?
I've been using "hot" mixes of songs of mine I've done as source material, with peaks hitting 0dB, and they've worked great with the morphagene. With nothing patched the Overall output volume is sometimes a bit lower than a straight oscillator, but noise hasn't been a problem. You might want to consider doing your morphagene prep in Reaper, tho, as markers made in there automatically work as splice markers in the morphagene without any additional fussing about.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search