The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
muffwiggler down?
Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear

RIP Mike.

Thanks for the contribution to all our lives.
Old 24th April 2019
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Down again?!
Old 4 weeks ago
DSC
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJohn View Post
Down again?!
JIR needs his fix!!!!!! So do I
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
JIR needs his fix!!!!!! So do I
I'm jonsin' bad!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJohn View Post
Down again?!
Apparently. For hours now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

It started with some dreamhost (?) certificate error around Sunday, now I get the first page, but the forum is still gone :/. Let´s hope someone is working on it and that there is a proper backup.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

There is this thread on Reddit : https://fr.reddit.com/r/modular/comm...in_21_07_2019/
Old 4 weeks ago
According to the Muffs FB group there was some payment issue once again
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthrasherx View Post
Update from one of the admins (sduck) in case anyone here hasn’t seen it yet:

Yes, the forum is down. No, it's not the end of the world. (this is sduck from the forum, one of the admins) Here's what's up: the forum is down because the bill hasn't been paid. It's several months behind, and is fairly substantial. Several times in the past when this has happened, I've bailed it out, with promises that I'd be repaid. As this has never happened, and the owner has stopped responding to my messages, I'm not inclined to bail it out again. Note: if you are a patreon backer, it's probably time to cancel your payment - it's not going to the right place apparently. Backups of the site exist, and fresh ones are being made. so hopefully the site will be back up in some form, maybe soon, maybe not so soon.
In the meantime, go and make some great music! That's what this is all about! (not the shutdown, you know what I mean)
Not looking good. Hopefully it wil be back with a new fresh forum software 'cause phpBB is getting really old.

They could do with removing personal attacks from people's comments too. Apprently the mods there don't have access to the PM system so some abuse goes on via PM that they can't/ won't do anything about...

It is/was a better forum than GS because no ads at all and no corporate sponsors.
Old 4 weeks ago
just one of the quirks with using MW... It always gets resolved. I hope everyone just cancels their Patreon and they can setup a new one for synthcube or whomever keeps paying the bills!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Trying to keep it alive makes no sense. Provenance is a huge question mark, and someone with clout should make a new one and archive the old one so that it's searchable but not postable.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularOverkill View Post
Trying to keep it alive makes no sense. Provenance is a huge question mark, and someone with clout should make a new one and archive the old one so that it's searchable but not postable.
I hate change, unless its new gear..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

RIP and bless him
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX View Post
Not looking good. Hopefully it wil be back with a new fresh forum software 'cause phpBB is getting really old.

They could do with removing personal attacks from people's comments too. Apprently the mods there don't have access to the PM system so some abuse goes on via PM that they can't/ won't do anything about...

It is/was a better forum than GS because no ads at all and no corporate sponsors.
That looks like the message one of the mods posted around the time of Mikes passing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

On this Reddit thread https://fr.reddit.com/r/modular/comm...in_21_07_2019/ Muff moderator sduck said that the site got locked when the bill wasn't paid in time but was paid in a matter of hours but the hosting company screwed up something so a full restore was requested but that didn't work either for some reason so the techs are still working on it.

Another Reddit user mentioned that during July a high number of snapshots (see attached images, up to 24 per day!) were taken by the Internet Archive so you can use the Wayback Machine to browse many past discussions, with of course the limitations inherent in using the archive. (no images, dead/missing links, etc)
https://web.archive.org/web/*/muffwiggler.com
Attached Thumbnails
muffwiggler down?-wbm_mw_july2019_all.jpg   muffwiggler down?-wbm_mw_july2019_julydetail.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I'm sorry if this is insensitive to say, but Mike's gone. Maybe it's time we let his ghost die?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's not about Mike at this point. He was practically gone from the site years ago. It's a huge forum and treasure trove of information and it will be atrocious if it just disappeared.

What comes up now is
Quote:
YOU CLICKED A BAD LINK - NOTHING HERE!
Click on the pics to return to the store or the forum....
Have fun!
with missing images underneath. This is not a good sign. The "store" was shut down ages ago.... I wonder if anyone other than Mike took the Patreon money and who has full admin access...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
He requested his daughter to maintain muffs, she is obviously still grieving and probably learning as she goes. I would of thought the other moderators would help her out
Old 4 weeks ago
DSC
Gear Maniac

Great time to mention we could always use the time to make music
I am glad to have had a chance to meet soo many great people here and at Muff's.
Old 4 weeks ago
DSC
Gear Maniac

Ok, in that hour, since I last posted, I was able to get some misc. CNC work done while finishing a video piece from the video synth.

Not bad. I hate being this productive!

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Cool setup, DSC!
Old 4 weeks ago
If Muffs distracts you such that you don't make music, please exercise some self-discipline.

Last edited by zengomi; 4 weeks ago at 12:10 AM.. Reason: oops
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Why would anyone say to let Muffs go? Such a great site with great info. The BST is great too. Keep it the same as it’s always been!!! No change needed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengomi View Post
If Muffs distracts you such that you don't make music, please exercise some self-discipline.

Indeed. If Muffs distracts you from making music then I’d question what your passion truly is.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Muff's is back up!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search