The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone have a RIT_M RhythmSequencer by SDS Digital? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1st March 2018
Anyone have a RIT_M RhythmSequencer by SDS Digital?

Found it on the grid recently and curious about owner impressions-

Quote:
This 4HP'er let's you tap in a rhythm, creates a clock and T/G plus an on-the-fly programmable CV Sequence

Anyone got one?
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

I was tempted once upon a time, but then I remembered I have no sense of rhythm. I'm like Lars Ulrich with boom baps instead bang pows.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
interested too!

and where to buy in EU?
Old 1 week ago
As far as I know they only sell direct, at least when I bought mine it was that way.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Anyone ever buy one? They look interesting, that's for sure.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Anyone ever buy one? They look interesting, that's for sure.
I have one.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
I have one.
Maybe next time update your one thread so people know that?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have one.
Thank you so much for your valuable insight.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Thank you so much for your valuable insight.
Hey you only asked if anyone had one

My insights are as follows...
For tapping out swung or off rhythms for triggering a drum module or something like that this thing is absolutely ace. Or for making a cymbal or clap happen only once every 800 beats or whatever, excellent.

For other stuff I would recommend going to the website and checking out their numerous tutorial videos. It is packed with a million features that are incredibly hard to access due to an extremely arcane sanskrit-esque binary numbering system where you add up the total of numbers represented by different LEDs to navigate the menu (really). I kept it inspite of this because through much hair pulling and gnashing of teeth I was able to get it to do the thing I described above, and for that one thing it is fantastic so it stays. I haven't had any success recording CV and looping that accurately, which is what I originally bought it for. This is one of those modules where you have to almost create the use-case for it, and even then it takes a lot of coaxing. YMMV.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey you only asked if anyone had one

My insights are as follows...
For tapping out swung or off rhythms for triggering a drum module or something like that this thing is absolutely ace. Or for making a cymbal or clap happen only once every 800 beats or whatever, excellent.

For other stuff I would recommend going to the website and checking out their numerous tutorial videos. It is packed with a million features that are incredibly hard to access due to an extremely arcane sanskrit-esque binary numbering system where you add up the total of numbers represented by different LEDs to navigate the menu (really). I kept it inspite of this because through much hair pulling and gnashing of teeth I was able to get it to do the thing I described above, and for that one thing it is fantastic so it stays. I haven't had any success recording CV and looping that accurately, which is what I originally bought it for. This is one of those modules where you have to almost create the use-case for it, and even then it takes a lot of coaxing. YMMV.
Issues aside, it sounds fun. The Pittsburgh Drum Sequencer lets you play in beats, but using that flat panel is kind of awkward for that purpose. The RIT_M is tempting.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
yes !!!
Quote:
a million features that are incredibly hard to access due to an extremely arcane sanskrit-esque binary numbering system where you add up the total of numbers represented by different LEDs to navigate the menu .....
oh god I'll never be able to use that on stage.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
yes !!!

oh god I'll never be able to use that on stage.
Yeah it’s a “set and forget” (how to use the menu) type module for sure. It does what it does well though. Retains settings on cycle etc.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was tempted once upon a time, but then I remembered I have no sense of rhythm. I'm like Lars Ulrich with boom baps instead bang pows.
Hopefully you program better sounding snares than the one on St. Anger.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Hopefully you program better sounding snares than the one on St. Anger.
...no comment.

Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
It is packed with a million features that are incredibly hard to access due to an extremely arcane sanskrit-esque binary numbering system where you add up the total of numbers represented by different LEDs to navigate the menu (really). I kept it inspite of this because through much hair pulling and gnashing of teeth I was able to get it to do the thing I described above, and for that one thing it is fantastic so it stays. I haven't had any success recording CV and looping that accurately, which is what I originally bought it for. This is one of those modules where you have to almost create the use-case for it, and even then it takes a lot of coaxing. YMMV.
here 1 2

rec & loop accurately repeatedly is hard to repeat
i mean you have to start recording with a bang on the CV but stop&loop with another pad - so you always start with attack,(but you can erase this if you do not turn the main knob and use the CVpad on the same time ; at the beginning of the loop - if this functionality is activated in the options, which are indeed a mess)
even getting better results with un-accuratly playing during rec
don't set (external) clock too high or starting again at the exact same spot can become tricky - which is another unaccurate factor
i sample the sequences so i have full control over everything
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search