The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
General Chit Chat
Old 18th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
I really wish TipTop made a CY808 / 808 Cymbal module. Replace the maracas with that and I'd be all in, with stereo hats.
Since the Maracas module came out fairly recently, and they just redid the panels, I'm inclined to believe that more 808 modules are coming eventually, just very very slowly. Personally, I'm sad that the clap hasn't been done by TipTop yet, especially since on the original, it shared its circuit with the maracas. I love the 808 clap.
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Guru

Heads up: Perfect Circuit has the Analog Drum Synth on sale for $201.99. Great deal on a really awesome and versatile drum module.
Old 20th September 2019
Lives for gear

This was some build, frustrating waiting for components.
Whats interesting is if i patch an LFO in the Loop CV the LED flashes even though the module isn't powered up, never noticed behaviour like that before but i guess an LFO Wave is electricity after all.

Cost me £163 all in, roughly about 30% of the components i already had so thats not included in the cost and about 10 hours to build, so how the hell he can sell them on his website already built for 200 euro is beyond me.

Hopefully get the Dreadbox Antiphon built this weekend.

Old 21st September 2019
Lives for gear

After listening to too much MBM this week, I pulled Streams and re-rack the EMW Alias and Erica Pico T->G tonight ... Wow, I miss that combo. Let the "kick" channel on Grids handle the triggers with some slight LFO on the "fill" and instant, great, sub-bass patterns.
Old 21st September 2019
Lives for gear

Has anyone used flight cases for their racks? My main rack is 2x126hp = 680 (l) x 270 (d) x 95 (h) mm. 640 (l) without ears.

A couple I was looking at:
The first is ext. 720x360x185 Internal: 680x320x150 mm which is just the right fit and would give more room for patch cables.

Nice aluminium one ext. 680x300x190mm int. 660x285x170 which I think will also do the job.

I wondered what anyone has tried?
Attached Thumbnails
General Chit Chat-rack2.jpg   General Chit Chat-rack2.2.jpg   General Chit Chat-rack3.jpg   General Chit Chat-rack3.4.jpg  
Old 21st September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
Has anyone used flight cases for their racks? My main rack is 2x126hp = 680 (l) x 270 (d) x 95 (h) mm. 640 (l) without ears.

A couple I was looking at:
The first is ext. 720x360x185 Internal: 680x320x150 mm which is just the right fit and would give more room for patch cables.

Nice aluminium one ext. 680x300x190mm int. 660x285x170 which I think will also do the job.

I wondered what anyone has tried?
My cases are repurposed generic Pedalboard Cases (24" x 16" x 6"). I found "pedalboard cases" to be a good source for eurorack cases in general given how many sizes and manufacturers there are.

Mine happen to hold 9Ux114hp because I prefer cases that are 24" wide (Outside Dimensions) for space management. I love them, truly, but these particular inexpensive cases aren't as durable and truly flight ready as I'd like.

Sometime later I intend to have custom "real" flight cases made to more or less these same dimensions. I'm "married to" the 114hp width now that I'm used to it, and prefer to stay this way.

These particular cases I bought were hella cheap (~$70US delivered, plus rails and power supply), and they're fine for light duty, certainly fine for home and the occasional travel, but they're not reallly "road cases" like legit Anvil quality ones are.

Here is what I used:

https://reverb.com/item/1918886-cnb-...se-pedal-board

That European company that makes custom road cases to size (and sells kits) is who I will use next.
Old 21st September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
My cases are repurposed generic Pedalboard Cases (24" x 16" x 6"). I found "pedalboard cases" to be a good source for eurorack cases in general given how many sizes and manufacturers there are.

Mine happen to hold 9Ux114hp because I prefer cases that are 24" wide (Outside Dimensions) for space management. I love them, truly, but these particular inexpensive cases aren't as durable and truly flight ready as I'd like.

Sometime later I intend to have custom "real" flight cases made to more or less these same dimensions. I'm "married to" the 114hp width now that I'm used to it, and prefer to stay this way.

These particular cases I bought were hella cheap (~$70US delivered, plus rails and power supply), and they're fine for light duty, certainly fine for home and the occasional travel, but they're not reallly "road cases" like legit Anvil quality ones are.

Here is what I used:

https://reverb.com/item/1918886-cnb-...se-pedal-board

That European company that makes custom road cases to size (and sells kits) is who I will use next.
I was looking at pedalboards first and this one but the one I looked was 9.5cm, and see yours is 11.4cm

Does yours allow room to leave your cables patched as well? I went for the aluminium one in the end.
Old 22nd September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
.....snip..

I'd love to hear how that sounds
Old 22nd September 2019
Old 22nd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Be careful if you listen with headphones as you’ll quickly develope GAS, it’s this video that made me instantly order the boards and bring my soldering iron out of retirement.
Old 22nd September 2019
ok, I'll make some coffee and have a listen
cheers for that.
Old 22nd September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
I stopped the video after 3min. I can't stand hearing this beauty and not being able to touch it.

That's a wonderful module!
Old 22nd September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Be careful if you listen with headphones as you’ll quickly develope GAS [...]
You told the truth.
Old 22nd September 2019
Lives for gear

Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Guru

I refuse to listen to that just because I went over to Feedback's store and it's out of stock. I don't want to fall in love with yet another module I can't have.

Speaking of, the 1010 FXBox sounds great! ...when it's working. Plugged it in and about ten minutes later, the screen died. Pressed all the buttons to make sure it wasn't a screensaver and tried a couple of different power supplies. I've contacted Sweetwater about sending it back, and getting a replacement. Hopefully I just got bad luck, because it's really freaking cool. It takes a minute to get your head around what it's doing and how it works, but once you have it figured out, it does some wacky ****.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I refuse to listen to that just because I went over to Feedback's store and it's out of stock. I don't want to fall in love with yet another module I can't have.

Speaking of, the 1010 FXBox sounds great! ...when it's working. Plugged it in and about ten minutes later, the screen died. Pressed all the buttons to make sure it wasn't a screensaver and tried a couple of different power supplies. I've contacted Sweetwater about sending it back, and getting a replacement. Hopefully I just got bad luck, because it's really freaking cool. It takes a minute to get your head around what it's doing and how it works, but once you have it figured out, it does some wacky ****.
Check the seating of the screen ribbon, they come lose sometimes from shipping and whatnot. It’s
Just a crimp connection.
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Don't do it. You wouldn't like it anyway. It's not that cool. And you have enough delays.

(I don't believe a word of that, myself. This delay moved to the top tier of my effects list of sh!t to buy. I love its sound. You surely will, too.)
Old 23rd September 2019
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Waaaa!

I've been waiting for the Expert Sleepers ES-3 mk4 to appear and the stores keep putting the estimated date to be in stock from end of September now to end October.
Old 24th September 2019
Lives for gear

Like, I'm mainlineing all things Analog, in general, but this delay sounds so cool and unique enough that I don't give a damn how it makes those noises, I want one, and I'll park it right next to an Analog delay and not even care about the hives that would normally happen when crossing streams like that. And I don't like their panel graphics at all, and I still don't care, I gotta have that delay in my kit.

All that from a YouTube video.

Feedback did a killer job on this. I'm probably going to be lazy and buy a pre built one, no real time for DIY at the moment.

The GAS is real.

I can quit anytime I want.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
Check the seating of the screen ribbon, they come lose sometimes from shipping and whatnot. It’s
Just a crimp connection.
Thanks for the advice, but no dice on that one. *sad panda*
Old 24th September 2019
Lives for gear

Just been doing an hour here and there when i get home from work, she's almost done.

Old 24th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, but no dice on that one. *sad panda*
Bummer, the only other thing I could suggest would be to try and reset the firmware. Seems like you got must have got a dud though...
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
Bummer, the only other thing I could suggest would be to try and reset the firmware. Seems like you got must have got a dud though...
I think it's just a dud because it worked just fine for about ten minutes before it crapped out. I'm not gonna give up hope on 1010 though because the BitBox runs continuously for hours at a time with no problem.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I think it's just a dud because it worked just fine for about ten minutes before it crapped out. I'm not gonna give up hope on 1010 though because the BitBox runs continuously for hours at a time with no problem.

Yeah, I've never had any problems with my Bitbox or Toolbox. No doubt
they'll get it sorted for you.
Old 24th September 2019
Gear Guru

So I think I'm leaning pretty heavily toward moving the little sequencer skiffs into the main system. They're more ergonomic to use on their own table, but the cable runs are pretty stupid in length. I can just scatter them through the system and get better use that way, I think. I think the only skiff that's going to remain is my little touch-controller.
Old 24th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
So I think I'm leaning pretty heavily toward moving the little sequencer skiffs into the main system. They're more ergonomic to use on their own table, but the cable runs are pretty stupid in length. I can just scatter them through the system and get better use that way, I think. I think the only skiff that's going to remain is my little touch-controller.
Yeah, I guess you might encounter some long runs, eh... i think all of mine would be under 48", which seems tolerable.
Old 24th September 2019
Lives for gear

As an aside, having to make my modular rig work in the context of live music, other musicians, and having to improv in a group context has really been a good exercise and experience.

So much different than noodling alone at home.
Old 25th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
How about a Doepfer A-180-9. http://www.doepfer.de/A1809.htm
Old 25th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
How about a Doepfer A-180-9. http://www.doepfer.de/A1809.htm
...that's actually a really good idea. I'll have to meditate on this one.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search