The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
General Chit Chat
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Anyone else following the SynthTech VCO news, designed in collaboration with Dave Rossum, a take on the MOTM-300 Ultra VCO?

Supposed to be ready in November, for $299.

To be frank, I don't know much about that MOTM vco, but I'm intrigued.
Yes I will definitely check that out. But there are soooo many great sounding analogue VCOs out there already... Hopefully this brings something that stands out. I don't expect anything revolutionary but huge sweetspot or something like that could grab my interest.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossicle View Post
Yes I will definitely check that out. But there are soooo many great sounding analogue VCOs out there already... Hopefully this brings something that stands out. I don't expect anything revolutionary but huge sweetspot or something like that could grab my interest.
Supposedly it will accurately track, get this, 15 octaves...

The thread at MW has more.details from thr man himself.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Supposedly it will accurately track, get this, 15 octaves...
I don't care if it tracks 100 octaves, if it just sounds like the rest of them But will keep my eyes on it. Demos coming next month apparently.
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

I love that Arches.

Also, it's really cool to see this forum becoming a little more active.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvsyco View Post
Also, it's really cool to see this forum becoming a little more active.
+1 for the activity and nice atmosphere in this subforum.
Old 9th September 2019
Malgorithm mk3 on MG . No release date atm.

I am interested. I love bitcrushing/decimate. Anyone out here that owns the mk2?
Is it worth the money?*

* I am made in Holland.
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Guru

I miss buying Eurocrack. I bought a bunch of fixed-architecture stuff for the other workstation, and now I need to play catchup on the bills before I can get anything else. I'm busy with school anyway, but my trigger finger is getting itchy.

Also, I'm not happy with the little sequencer racks. I'm thinking about reintegrating them back into the modular system. No rush though as that will take money for racks that I don't have.
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Also, I'm not happy with the little sequencer racks. I'm thinking about reintegrating them back into the modular system. No rush though as that will take money for racks that I don't have.
Interesting.

You don't like having them all together?

That's what I'm working on, consolidating most Sequencers and Clock stuff and key shared mod sources together in one case.
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Interesting.

You don't like having them all together?

That's what I'm working on, consolidating most Sequencers and Clock stuff and key shared mod sources together in one case.
In theory, it sounds great: Set aside a table for little cases for all the sequencing stuff. Much more ergonomic. The cable runs are huge as expected, but what I'm finding is that I actually just flat out avoid using them now. I was working on a track last night that's built on loops I put together in the modular, and I felt patching in the sequencers to be more of a chore than an inspiration like it's supposed to be. It's like the sequencers are a separate entity now. I'd kind of like to put them on the floor in front of the modular racks again, but that really screws with ergonomics and makes patching over them a pain in the ass. What I'm thinking of doing is popping most, if not all of them back in the rack (swapping out modules to keep the organization random so that they're not all in one rack) and if I keep any in little cases, it's going to be stuff like the Touch Sequencer where playing with them while they're vertical is a real chore. We'll see. This change is a long way off.
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Heads up. Ultra Random Analog is being discontinued:

Old 13th September 2019
Gear Guru

Get one. They're awesome!
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Oh I love mine.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Got an empty ikea Rast that i only use for testing diy modules, I'm very tempted to get a behringer K-2 to slip in there, use up no more space than I'm already using and they sound superb.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Heads up. Ultra Random Analog is being discontinued:

Just reading about this on Facebook this morning, SSF said it is their best ever selling module to date but sales have dried up as of late and due to it being quite a complex module to build they're going to call it a day.
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Got an empty ikea Rast that i only use for testing diy modules, I'm very tempted to get a behringer K-2 to slip in there, use up no more space than I'm already using and they sound superb.
Wish they still sold them! Had to make my own.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilb View Post
Wish they still sold them! Had to make my own.
I assume you mean Ikea don’t sell them anymore, I have a spare one.

Since last post I’ve been looking at the behringer Pro-one, a Pro-one & MS20 in a Rast, good times indeed.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

I have another 9Ux114 case that I'll be filling the top half like this:

Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

My Antiphon kit will arrive on Monday, time to ponder where I’m going to mount the spring.
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
I assume you mean Ikea don’t sell them anymore, I have a spare one.

Since last post I’ve been looking at the behringer Pro-one, a Pro-one & MS20 in a Rast, good times indeed.
Not for a while I think, which tbh is good cos it catalysed my realisation of how easy it is to just knock a few bits of wood together into whatever size you actually need!
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:

What, no Neutron?
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Do ya'l know if the BS-20 will be hz/v or are they switching over to v/o? I'd love to have a v/o MS-20.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post
Do ya'l know if the BS-20 will be hz/v or are they switching over to v/o? I'd love to have a v/o MS-20.
Hz/V as discussed at great length in the thread, though there are ways around it.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
What, no Neutron?
Nah, I had one, sold it. It was alright, but the Pro 1 has the same Oscillators and has that vintage vibe, and I hated the red panel, so I let it go.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Nah, I had one, sold it. It was alright, but the Pro 1 has the same Oscillators and has that vintage vibe, and I hated the red panel, so I let it go.
Aye if I ever get one I'll probably get an overlay of some kind for it. As much as anything else, that patchbay would be highly tempting as an accompaniment to a nascent modular setup, should I ever find myself straying down that dark path...
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Guru

Heads up: Perfect Circuit has a bundle with all of the TipTop 808 modules for only $350. That's nearly $300 off of the cost of buying them individually even buying used. I just snagged them for myself.
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post

Quote:
Hz/V as discussed at great length in the thread, though there are ways around it.
Kudos to them for remaining loyal to the original, but this is a huge missed opportunity to fix an issue that's been plaguing the MS-20, if you ask me. I don't mind because I'll mostly be sampling single notes out of it anyway, and if I do want to sequence it, I've got the 1983 to spit out whatever I need, but I know I'm in the minority on that mindset when it comes to Eurorack and CV.
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Heads up: Perfect Circuit has a bundle with all of the TipTop 808 modules for only $350. That's nearly $300 off of the cost of buying them individually even buying used. I just snagged them for myself.
Really tempting ... I'd definitely do it if I didn't already have the 808hats.
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
Really tempting ... I'd definitely do it if I didn't already have the 808hats.
Dude dude dude...

...stereo hats.
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Dude dude dude...

...stereo hats.
Alright there Johnny...

Old 18th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dude dude dude...

...stereo hats.
I really wish TipTop made a CY808 / 808 Cymbal module. Replace the maracas with that and I'd be all in, with stereo hats.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search