The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
General Chit Chat Modular Synthesizers
Old 17th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
It's odd because people list Eurorack in 'Musical Instruments' and 'Sound and Vision'. I never know where to list mine.
There is someone called crisso on ebay selling roland/mallekko modules for a good price. If he put the word “eurorack” alongside the module name ie “roland vcf eurorack” it would flag up everytime someone searched the word eurorack.
Apologies if this message sounds cryptic but I don’t know if this breaches any website rules and regulations and am only using this as an example
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Addict

I was looking for some info on that Plasma thing they showed. So I got to the Erica site and saw they have a nice offer on their discontinued modules.

EricaSynths - All categories
Old 18th January 2019
I think a lot of their dealers are mirroring the big discounts:
Discontinued Erica Synths Modules – IN STOCK AT HUGE DISCOUNTS! – matttech modular
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

0-Coast was more of a learning curve than I expected it to be. Stuff like DPO and STO is pretty much instant gratification, but you've gotta work the 0-Coast to get an adventurous sound from it. It's fun because it forces you to get creative with your patching if you want something beyond the basic. Can't wait to get it racked!
Old 18th January 2019
@Derp
Tonetweakers has a massive DotCom system they seem like they want to get rid of by the way:
Synthesizers.com Studio-66 Synthesizer System For Sale

– Tone Tweakers Inc.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Head

(Didn't want to hijack the bitwig modular thread, so I figured I'd post this here)

Was thinking about CVable panning modules in euro and how I've had a bit of trouble finding ones I like that suit my needs.

Seems oftentimes they are too spendy/big/have many features I actually don't want, or too small lacking the amount of inputs/CVability that I'd like.

Now, this is purely modulargrid daydreaming/time-wasting, but maybe a setup like this could be fun...:

Ladik Mixer? Perhaps... - Eurorack Modular System from Crumbfort on ModularGrid

I dunno... just messing about
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
@Derp
Tonetweakers has a massive DotCom system they seem like they want to get rid of by the way:
Synthesizers.com Studio-66 Synthesizer System For Sale

– Tone Tweakers Inc.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 18th January 2019
On Instagram they're saying they'll entertain trade-ins.
Old 19th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbfort View Post
Looks like fun
yeah I like Ladik stuff. But if you ask me; I'd keep it to just one M-176. Because of two things:
1. where are you going to get all the CV sources (envelopes/LFO) to control all of those channels?
2. for that money you can buy a perfectly fine Zed 18 mixer or bigger. Or, to put it in another way: Do you need all those channels in eurorack, in one place?

Their fader mixers are cool IMO. Also I'm going to get some amplifier modules to bump up synth signals for eurorack use. Very affordable and it sounds ok, for utility modules. Bastl, Befaco, Doepfer and Ladik make up most of my system.
Old 19th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
0-Coast was more of a learning curve than I expected it to be. Stuff like DPO and STO is pretty much instant gratification, but you've gotta work the 0-Coast to get an adventurous sound from it. It's fun because it forces you to get creative with your patching if you want something beyond the basic. Can't wait to get it racked!
I really like their youtube patch example videos. (makes me want to score one )
Old 19th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbfort View Post
(Didn't want to hijack the bitwig modular thread, so I figured I'd post this here)

Was thinking about CVable panning modules in euro and how I've had a bit of trouble finding ones I like that suit my needs.

Seems oftentimes they are too spendy/big/have many features I actually don't want, or too small lacking the amount of inputs/CVability that I'd like.

Now, this is purely modulargrid daydreaming/time-wasting, but maybe a setup like this could be fun...:

Ladik Mixer? Perhaps... - Eurorack Modular System from Crumbfort on ModularGrid

I dunno... just messing about
I’m not super familiar with Ladik, tho I know their modules can often work out cheaper for those on the other side of the pond...still, looking at that I’m not sure that you would gain a ton over the WMD Performance Mixer...maybe a few more channels? But more HP and as much or even more money than the PM. I dunno, I guess I’m just not seeing it, so I’m curious about the rationale.
Old 19th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don’t rack it yet! Seriously, put that bastard in your lap and jam in the living room while you half-watch a movie or something. The portability and features it provides makes it ideal to learn away from the rest of your rig, and to integrate into other non-modular setups, or travel, etc. I’ve racked my Moog semi-modulars, but the 0-Coast is one I definitely wouldn’t do that with personally. Very handy to toss in a bag with some patch cables and take anywhere. I just wish they’d made it battery powered.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Don’t rack it yet! Seriously, put that bastard in your lap and jam in the living room while you half-watch a movie or something. The portability and features it provides makes it ideal to learn away from the rest of your rig, and to integrate into other non-modular setups, or travel, etc. I’ve racked my Moog semi-modulars, but the 0-Coast is one I definitely wouldn’t do that with personally. Very handy to toss in a bag with some patch cables and take anywhere. I just wish they’d made it battery powered.
Make Noise: "We don't want you to rack this. It's designed to be a standalone instrument."

Eurorack Users: "Hey look, it fits my Eurorack perfectly!"

Make Noise:

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Make Noise: "We don't want you to rack this. It's designed to be a standalone instrument."

Eurorack Users: "Hey look, it fits my Eurorack perfectly!"

Make Noise:

Hey, you do you. I’m just saying it’s dope for being able to take out of a large rig and use anywhere you like. Honestly tho, as I’m saying this I’m kinda talking myself into leaving the 0-Coast in the studio and getting a Volca Modular to use with the Volca FM and MPC Live for a battery powered rig to take anywhere...had toyed with the 0-Coast and MPC to work on my lunch breaks, but needing power for the 0-Coast would limit things a bit. So...sure, rack that mofo.
Old 4 weeks ago
this Plasma Drive looks like a fun module
I'm curious how it will react with a magnet? (neon tubes do)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
I am normally not one to say this but I could see finding an excuse to buy this just based on how awesome it looks. Like a Tesla coil in the rack. On the sonic front it's pretty cool too. I like whats happening on the higher registers. It's not muffled in a tube way (ducks) or overly bright like a lot of digital distortions.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
I feel another bought of GAS coming on for this one. A good distortion is just about the only thing I don't have in my rack yet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post
I am normally not one to say this but I could see finding an excuse to buy this just based on how awesome it looks. Like a Tesla coil in the rack. On the sonic front it's pretty cool too. I like whats happening on the higher registers. It's not muffled in a tube way (ducks) or overly bright like a lot of digital distortions.
Yeah, I'm interested in how it would sound with subtle amounts of distortion. I think you can find simular textures in Metasonix modules. Wondering what that neon tube is? And what it's original purpose was (in other gear)? I do like how their Fusion mixer sounds, though, yeah there's compression and ducking going on, but I see it as an effect, not as a utility mixer.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post
Speaking as someone that has bought modules because of how awesome they look (hello, Hyperfist!), I'm right there with you. I was totally not impressed with the sound of it when it was still just a guitar pedal, but I still think it would look wicked in the rack.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
I’m not super familiar with Ladik, tho I know their modules can often work out cheaper for those on the other side of the pond...still, looking at that I’m not sure that you would gain a ton over the WMD Performance Mixer...maybe a few more channels? But more HP and as much or even more money than the PM. I dunno, I guess I’m just not seeing it, so I’m curious about the rationale.
Definitely fair enough! I do think I'm being weird about this whole "CVable panning mixer thing" in euro.

What I would like, basically, is this:

Perhaps a 6-8 mono input mixer. Each channel has CVable pan control. After EVERY channel there is a breakout stereo pair. All these stereo outputs would be daisy-chained (if there are no cables present at the output) allowing for any kind of configuration you would like. Like a 2x2x2x2, 3x3x2, etc... I dunno! Not sure if that makes any sense.

This probably makes no sense in the eurorack world, but man that would be an awesome module for me personally
Old 4 weeks ago
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

So, flexible eurorack mixer/CVable panner...

I just went ahead and built one in VCV Using this with the ES-3/ES-6/ES-7 combo should do the trick (and save me some cash! hah)
Attached Thumbnails
General Chit Chat-eurorack-panner.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Nice one! Yeah these kinds of things are better done in software.
I do have a plan to build a box with 8 VCA at the aux sends of my mixer.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Any good modules announced at NAMM yet? So far, the only one I know of is the Trident and QPAS.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Any good modules announced at NAMM yet? So far, the only one I know of is the Trident and QPAS.
The two I’m looking forward to are the Plasma Drive and Chord2.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
The two I’m looking forward to are the Plasma
Drive and Chord2.
Forgot about the Plasma Drive. I'm not excited about the sound of it, but I totally want one because it looks cool. I'll probably send a random trigger to a drum module going through it just so I can keep the light show going all day.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
SSF Dipole filter.
The new Arturia synth interacts well with Eurorack apparently. New limited edition Moog synth.
I’m sure there’ll be more.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
SSF Dipole filter.
The new Arturia synth interacts well with Eurorack apparently. New limited edition Moog synth.
I’m sure there’ll be more.
I hope Arturia joins the Eurorack cult one day. I'd love a EuroBrute. Their filter is awesome, their oscillator is cool as hell, the envelopes snap like lazers, and the oscillator on the MicroFreak looks like it's another winner.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Forgot about the Plasma Drive. I'm not excited about the sound of it, but I totally want one because it looks cool. I'll probably send a random trigger to a drum module going through it just so I can keep the light show going all day.
What sold me on the Plasma Drive was the last patch in their demo video, a bass line (and rather thin sounding at that) going through the thing ... DAMN! I'd never use it on drums which is what most of the demo focused on.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search