The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
General Chit Chat Modular Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
I think I found the best analogue oscillator in existence.
If it's the best sounding, that is subjective, but it blew me away, and I'm spoiled.
I'm editing a video about it, this weekend.
what osc was this?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I'm not one to complain about aesthetics since I'm apparently the only person that likes the Bastl wood panels
I love the look of the wooden Bastl panels...frankly, I think the aluminum ones are ugly. The only thing I don’t like is seeing a single wooden panel in a sea of metal ones...which is still what I have because I couldn’t resist the Cinnamon.

One of my slutty future plans is definitely to build an all wood Bastl rack with motors and sensors and lots of CV and filters and things as an autonomous, organic little electro-acoustic sound design setup. I’d do it now but I have other empty rack space begging to be filled.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Addict

Possibly a very stupid question but is there any reason why using a headphone splitter wouldn't work with CV? Would the voltage be lowered as more things are connected?
Attached Thumbnails
General Chit Chat-splitter.jpg  
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by and you know View Post
Possibly a very stupid question but is there any reason why using a headphone splitter wouldn't work with CV? Would the voltage be lowered as more things are connected?
I’m sure somebody will pipe in and tell me I’m wrong but wouldn’t the fact the headphone splitter is stereo render the idea useless?
Old 9 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
I’m sure somebody will pipe in and tell me I’m wrong but wouldn’t the fact the headphone splitter is stereo render the idea useless?
I not sure. I have seen people use them as a midi splitter with a beatstep pro.
Old 9 hours ago
You can buy similar looking splitters specifically for modular synths. Can’t remember who makes them - Intellijel?
And yes, sometimes when you mult cv multiple times the voltage can drop, but not always, I guess it might depend what other modules you are using. I tend to use a buffered mult just to be sure, but have used a simple unpowered mult in the past too.
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
They work fine, just like a passive mult.
Old 8 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
You can buy similar looking splitters specifically for modular synths. Can’t remember who makes them - Intellijel?
And yes, sometimes when you mult cv multiple times the voltage can drop, but not always, I guess it might depend what other modules you are using. I tend to use a buffered mult just to be sure, but have used a simple unpowered mult in the past too.
I'm using an Oberkorn sequencer with a Behringer D, Dreadbox Hades, Moog Minitaur and Microbrute. I'm sort of tinkering around the edges of modular rather than diving head first into a world of madness.
Old 7 hours ago
Quote:
I not sure. I have seen people use them as a midi splitter with a beatstep pro.
Beatstep Pro has a stereo mini-jack midi I think, not like cv.
My 1010Music Bitbox module uses the same protocol.
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Cheers, just ordered a couple of these.

HUB | intellijel
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Old 59 minutes ago
Does anyone need 7, and $10 isn’t the end of the world.
Old 40 minutes ago
Gear Addict

I've got a couple of the headphone ones ordered as well. The intellijel hubs will be wired in pretty permanently for pitch and filter CV from my Oberkorn.
Old 9 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've got a couple of the headphone ones ordered as well. The intellijel hubs will be wired in pretty permanently for pitch and filter CV from my Oberkorn.
Using a passive mult for pitch CV isn't usually recommended. That's the one place where you'd want a buffered mult instead, but YMMV.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search