The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Favourite Euro drum module
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I'm surprised the Mutant versions of the 808 and 909 kicks and other instruments aren't more popular. They seem pretty great, at that, to me.
i think they are very popular. but tiptop is slightly more popular. the mutant stuff does the classic sounds and this range maybe occupies about 2% of the range.
and the rest gets weird pretty fast. ultra abuse of the circuits lol. but its nice to have the capacity. i have the mutant clap and i think the actual traditional clap sounds occupy like 0,5% of its range. but it does the real clap really really good though. no complaints there.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Basimilus Iteritas Alter is cool but I'm not the greatest fan of harsh, digital squawking so for many types of sounds I send it through an Erica Synths Polivoks VCF that I control with an envelope. Gives me yummy results.

My favourite, though, is the SSF Entity Percussion, especially since I like woodblock type of sounds.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Basimilus Iteritas Alter is cool but I'm not the greatest fan of harsh, digital squawking so for many types of sounds I send it through an Erica Synths Polivoks VCF that I control with an envelope. Gives me yummy results.

My favourite, though, is the SSF Entity Percussion, especially since I like woodblock type of sounds.
You updated your pic Lisa... I like it

Hey btw being a pro-feminist (and general femme fan) we need more women noodlers on the forum... can you put the word out?

Like the tune... dark, weird, and swing off-beat funky, sounds very original.

What other percussion are you suing on this? For claps etc.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
Hey btw being a pro-feminist (and general femme fan) we need more women noodlers on the forum... can you put the word out?
GS kind of runs off that section of people. There's a whole lot of misogyny on this forum.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:

Hey btw being a pro-feminist (and general femme fan) we need more women noodlers on the forum... can you put the word
There are far more ‘male-noodlers’ than ‘women noodlers’ . Look at all the meetings;90% men.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Don’t know any female wigglers, sorry. Don’t know many wigglers at all, tbh.

Also, there might be more female folks here than you think. Most forum aliases aren’t as obviously gendered as mine (and Lisa isn’t even my real name).

Quote:
Like the tune... dark, weird, and swing off-beat funky, sounds very original.

What other percussion are you suing on this? For claps etc.
Thanks!

The drums on this track are from the Elektron Analog Rytm.
Old 3 weeks ago
If you look online, there are more and more important female synthesists and musicians. And drummers by the way, which is my personal thing.
I actually think Gearslutz has a blind spot in this area - which is why I don't post here much any more.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

On topic:

BIA + wasp filter I find a cracking, versatile combo. Every time I play with BIA, I'm amazed by its versatility. BPF and HPF can take the edge off hats and what not.

But.. far and away my fave is DFAM... Mind. Blowing. My favourite feature is you can add fricken laser beams to almost any form of percussion :D

Off topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
If you look online, there are more and more important female synthesists and musicians. And drummers by the way, which is my personal thing.
I actually think Gearslutz has a blind spot in this area - which is why I don't post here much any more.
I'd describe this forum as a collectors forum, that so happened to have some great musicians and good folks. Consumerism attracts unhappy people, that feels like the gravity at the mo.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don’t know any female wigglers, sorry. Don’t know many wigglers at all, tbh.

Also, there might be more female folks here than you think. Most forum aliases aren’t as obviously gendered as mine (and Lisa isn’t even my real name).

Thanks!

The drums on this track are from the Elektron Analog Rytm.
Interesting how do you like the AR? I've read people rave about the Elektron stuff before and have been considering getting an Analog 4 or Rytm. Rytm I understand is a drums synth and the A4 is a 4 voice synth - I've seen though you can use it for drums as well but probably not the best tool for the job. Both are reasonable used price now for MK1... I may be tempted
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Interesting how do you like the AR? I've read people rave about the Elektron stuff before and have been considering getting an Analog 4 or Rytm. Rytm I understand is a drums synth and the A4 is a 4 voice synth - I've seen though you can use it for drums as well but probably not the best tool for the job. Both are reasonable used price now for MK1... I may be tempted
As an A4 mk1 owner.. you can synthesize percussion, but you're not going to have fun with the ui and sequencer for that purpose, it will take time. If percussion is your primary goal, I'd get an AR mk2. Sounds better for bread and butter imo.

If you have a load of drum machines, A4 is a great addition for weird sound design and percussion. More modulation than you can shake a very large stick at. Check out the elektronauts forum and demos of percussion soundpacks like FM drums.

I love the A4, it's more marmitey than AR though due to quirky filters and oscs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
I love my Monomachine. Simple but powerful, my favourite combination.

A4 is way too complicated for me. Analog Rytm is better but it still took me too long to make a simple beat using it so I sold it again. Right now I'm recording using Roland R-8 which is very simple and powerful. My absolute favourite is the Electribe 2 though. I don't like it for melodies or full productions but it is fantastic as a drum machine.

And back on topic: I just bought Atom (µElements) and I'm thinking that I'll mainly use it as a drum voice in my second case. Might be cool.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I love my Monomachine. Simple but powerful, my favourite combination.

A4 is way too complicated for me. Analog Rytm is better but it still took me too long to make a simple beat using it so I sold it again. Right now I'm recording using Roland R-8 which is very simple and powerful. My absolute favourite is the Electribe 2 though. I don't like it for melodies or full productions but it is fantastic as a drum machine.

And back on topic: I just bought Atom (µElements) and I'm thinking that I'll mainly use it as a drum voice in my second case. Might be cool.
I picked up a Rings cheap last year and would be interested to see what difference Elements has practically. It sounds a lot more capable and looking it up Olivier describes it here as:

Elements = Exciter + Resonator + Reverb.
Rings = just the resonator.

Let us know how you get on!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I picked up a Rings cheap last year and would be interested to see what difference Elements has practically. It sounds a lot more capable and looking it up Olivier describes it here as:

You can download VCV Rack for free and try it yourself. Mutable modules are called Audible in VCV.
Only difference are the AD/DA converters.

Anyway, I hardly do anything else with Elements than (twisted) drums.
I set up a drum sound and send a s/h noise through a shift register into every cv input. It likes to be modulated.
Have fun with your Element, Lisa.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

There’s a reverb hiding in Rings if you know where to look.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

My favorite drum & percussion modules are Elements & Peaks.
I also like very much my own creation, Linn/Oberheim DMX 12Bit DAC, EPROM based drum modules. Sounds like the real thing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:

What I’ve always felt is a bit of a letdown regarding Elements is that it (afaik) uses the same computing hardware as Rings which means that the resonator has to lend power to the exciter and the reverb. So Elements isn’t really exciter + Rings + reverb but still cost as if it was, imo. Atom cost me half price to Elements so that’s why I decided it was worth getting.

It’ll be a while though. At least a week of shipping from the US and several weeks of customs handling.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search