Show Us Your Modular Grid
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
what do you wanna do with it?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Yes...good question and thanks for your interest
As I said, I already have a dfam, m32 and subharmonicon, plus a make noise ocoast, analoq4 , machine drum, mc202 and sh101
My first thought is to pair it with all the above for live jams and making deep house and techno tracks
But I also want (maybe more) it to be a self contained groovebox , so I can jam just with it
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysplex View Post

Quote:
Yes...good question and thanks for your interest
As I said, I already have a dfam, m32 and subharmonicon, plus a make noise ocoast, analoq4 , machine drum, mc202 and sh101
My first thought is to pair it with all the above for live jams and making deep house and techno tracks
But I also want (maybe more) it to be a self contained groovebox , so I can jam just with it
i quoted your rack again to have it on this page. you already have a few machines with internal sequencers. but we're getting somewhere now that we know what you want to achieve. i assume you already have external mixer/soundcard etc. regarding the rack you posted, how do you see these modules fitting in your current setup. or more to the point, why did you choose these specific modules? it would help a lot to see what your thoughts would be because otherwise everyone here can come up with an 84hp rack to fit their ideas/workflow but won't necessarily help you out. you have a lot of mono voices already (and some poly with the an4) so you have that covered. do you want more drums or some nice modulation options, or more whacky/nontraditional synth voices?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
I get your point and I must say that I’m a total newbie in modulars
Well at first I wanted to expand the moog trio set up so I bought a case and the mutable instruments plaits for an extra voice
After I added the eudemonia mixer-filter ,the pamelas new workout for clocking the system and the disting mk4 for all rounder
Now I’m thinking about expanding with extra voices ,hence the rample , because I don’t need the classic analogue oscillators ,and the mimetic digitalis for sequencing it
I added the quad vca because I feel I need it for controlling cv signals
Do you think I miss something ? Any recommendations ?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
what do you wanna do with it?
Bleeps, Bloops, Boots, Pants, Untz, Untz, you know, the usual.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ Hysplex
you already have enough voices i would say. at least the "regular" type. plaits is nice but a bit safe. i would look more into the grungier side like noise engineering lip or cip. as far as sequencing, you have that on the analog 4 so not sure you need the mimetic. unless you like that random stuff. but even that should go through a quantiser (which the disting can do) but you can save a bunch of cash and hp by using the elektron for cv sequencing. personally, i would get a mutable elements and a cursus iteritas percido. would go really nice with the analog stuff you have already. get some lfos (erica octasource or similar) to get some synced/related movement to the modules. you have a bunch of cv stuff already in the moogs to be used as mod sources. keep the vcas or just go smaller with simpler atteninverters.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

+1 on the suggestion for something from Noise Engineering (or maybe Harvestman, or anything wavetable maybe) as a complimentary contrast from the Moog analog voices.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
yeah, my only thought with the noise engineering was to use the full voice modules, rather than just the oscillator versions. more bang for buck, especially in a small case
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
yeah, my only thought with the noise engineering was to use the full voice modules, rather than just the oscillator versions. more bang for buck, especially in a small case
All good suggestions. I overlooked that concern.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Thanks for the suggestions guys @ Sebastian N
I already sequence plaits from analoq4 .if I add a new voice I need an extra sequencer (or I thing so)
I really really like BIA from noise engineering but I feel like there is some overlap with my dfam
I will check LIP and CIP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions guys @ Sebastian N
I already sequence plaits from analoq4 .if I add a new voice I need an extra sequencer (or I thing so)
I really really like BIA from noise engineering but I feel like there is some overlap with my dfam
I will check LIP and CIP
analog 4 has 4 cv/gate outs so you can sequence 2 tracks. i don't own one but even so, a midi to cv might be worth it more, because of the elektron sequencer.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
I m checking the above suggestions (LIP andCIP from noiseengineering are pricey wow),but thanks all for your input
I ll write back when i figure it out
With all the options (voices,modulations,effects,utilities )is getting a little frustrating...
📝 Reply