The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Show Us Your Modular Grid
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileye0702 View Post
It's a bit of a beast and was constantly changing until recently. I've finally settled into something I really like

How do you cope with having so few choices in your rack? Do you find it creatively limiting?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
How do you cope with having so few choices in your rack? Do you find it creatively limiting?
I rarely use the full system when working with it. Instead I'll use a subset of it to create one or more voices. I have a lot of different tools to act as inspiration.

I work in two different ways, very focussed where I'm specifically working towards an end result that will be a song or part of a song and jamming where I just mess around having fun and see what evolves. It may end up being total junk or something I record but always is a great way to relax and enjoy,
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileye0702 View Post
I rarely use the full system when working with it. Instead I'll use a subset of it to create one or more voices. I have a lot of different tools to act as inspiration.

I work in two different ways, very focussed where I'm specifically working towards an end result that will be a song or part of a song and jamming where I just mess around having fun and see what evolves. It may end up being total junk or something I record but always is a great way to relax and enjoy,
ha. I didn't expect a real answer.

awesome... It's a sweet setup.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Pretty sparse huh!
This is the proposed ADSR and VCA for my polyphonic Monotribes.
The VCF and VCO are supplied with external gear.
The ADSR would control the VCF amount which I have external control of
via a mod.
The Octal VCA would be for downstream volume articulation.
The VCF and VCA will use the same Y'd envelope (x4)

the 132-2 will allow me to attenuate the signal to the VCFs
and inject a global LFO into the filter (LFO last 8 spots, TBA)
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAF Vu Master View Post
Pretty sparse huh!
This is the proposed ADSR and VCA for my polyphonic Monotribes.
The VCF and VCO are supplied with external gear.
The ADSR would control the VCF amount which I have external control of
via a mod.
The VCA would be for downstream volume articulation.
The VCF and VCA will use the same Y'd envelope (x4)
Is this in a beauty case?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Is this in a beauty case?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Coming along nicely. Ditched the idea of a function generator for now. Went with MI Stages instead. Now I just need an A-151 to complete the sequencers and an MI Warps to complete my very own "complex oscillator"
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelabs View Post
Coming along nicely. Ditched the idea of a function generator for now. Went with MI Stages instead. Now I just need an A-151 to complete the sequencers and an MI Warps to complete my very own "complex oscillator"
That's a pretty rad voice you've build there. How you liking the SWN so far?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

The SWN is a real joy. Importing wavetables is fast and easy (I mean, really). It's full of tricks to manipulate the wavetables, and also nice on the ergonomics (like a really fast and efficient way to dim the LEDs, for example). Of course there are many multiple-button-pressing but nothing to difficult to memorize.
Plenty of modulations also : six LFOs with variable shapes, and different ways to read the wavetables.
It excels at drones and moving textures but is also comfortable with leads and chords.

Also, code is open sourced on Github and compiles OK (I tried), so if anything is not to your taste there is always a possibility to change or have someone to change it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

5U seem a little bit under represented, so here goes. Last little rack is a box4 sidecar to the dotcom keyboard.

Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

A tiny change to the first case:

And loads still changing in the second case:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search