The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Show Us Your Modular Grid
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Addict

Thanks Derp for the great assessment
Still no midi input, but I have a nifty KORG SQ-1 to affords me 2 extra cv/gate seq pairs, clk sync and midi to cv.
...for now
Old 20th April 2019
Lives for gear

I’ve been experimenting with small racks I can use to pull out a few modules at a time to better learn them, since they can sometimes get lost and forgotten (and thus not learned well enough to do them justice). I set this up in a Mother 32 case a couple weeks ago, and I think I’ve decided to keep it as a dedicated instrument.

The intention here is to be a dedicated experimental sampler/FX instrument, which I’m also planning to pair with my Koma Field Kit as a mixer and sound and modulation source. Long before I ever touched a synth I was way into electro-acoustic music and artists like Nurse With Wound, and I feel like dedicating this rig as an “instrument” will help me to focus on finishing an album for a project close to my heart. What I like about this setup is that it’s relatively simple and doesn’t really require much patching...you can get by just fine with only fingers...but a little clever patching can really expand on something, which makes it a lot of fun for growing a patch. That said, I kinda feel like this is calling for a Landscape Stereo Field, because GAS.

Mind you, this has now opened holes in my main racks, so I’ve quickly filled those with future plans.
Old 22nd April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
That looks like more fun than should be legally allowed. How's the Radikal for effects?
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
That looks like more fun than should be legally allowed. How's the Radikal for effects?
It’s a blast. I’m currently listening to an ambient droney thing I just knocked together in a few minutes by putting a little music box on top of Ears into Morphagene, sliced and then out to the EFFEXX, then using Ears envelope and gate out to trigger little variations by tapping and scratching it.

The EFFEXX is really, really good. It’s super deep and I’ve barely scratched the surface of what it can do (hence why I put it in a smaller rack originally to learn it better), but the quality of the effects are top notch and some of the best I’ve heard in eurorack.

EDIT: a quick link of what I’m talking about: Lou Cypher on Instagram: “Recorded a little music box I found leftover in an apartment I rented a decade ago (from Brett Netson of Built to Spill) into the…”

Last edited by Accent; 25th April 2019 at 03:01 AM..
Old 29th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
Nice.
How’s mum8?
I want a dedicated sample/drumrack . On paper so bad ass with the mum8
Old 29th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT75 View Post
Nice.
How’s mum8?
I want a dedicated sample/drumrack . On paper so bad ass with the mum8
It's not a standard sounding filter, but if it's the kind of sound you're after, then its awesome!

This vid totally sold it to me:
Old 29th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
It's not a standard sounding filter, but if it's the kind of sound you're after, then its awesome!

This vid totally sold it to me:
Yes!
Old 30th April 2019
Quote:
Yes!
MUM M8 is a good filter. Very crunchy. Just does wonders on drums.
Old 5th May 2019
M32
Lives for gear

Building my first case.
Show Us Your Modular Grid-my-eurorack-b.jpg
I already have the mutable stuff and a custom elements in black & gold.
The instruo modules should be here by the end of the week.

The Batumi or Wogglebug(haven't decided yet), Filter 8 and STmix i'll have to get next month, my bankacount is decimated again.

There's a lot more stuff i want to get, i might have to get a second case soon.

Also dreaming of a Matriarch or the Pittsburgh voltage laboratory Synthesizer
Show Us Your Modular Grid-my-eurorack.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Your Modular Grid-my-eurorack-b.jpg   Show Us Your Modular Grid-my-eurorack.jpg  
Old 5th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M32 View Post
Building my first case.

I already have the mutable stuff and a custom elements in black & gold.
The instruo modules should be here by the end of the week.

The Batumi or Wogglebug(haven't decided yet), Filter 8 and STmix i'll have to get next month, my bankacount is decimated again.

There's a lot more stuff i want to get, i might have to get a second case soon.

Also dreaming of a Matriarch or the Pittsburgh voltage laboratory Synthesizer
Batumi over the Wogglebug any day (I have both).
Old 6th May 2019
Lives for gear
Isn't a more apt comparison Wogglebug versus Ultra Random Analog?

Or Batumi versus any other quad LFO?

Wogglebug versus Batumi is sort of Apples and Oranges, no?
Old 6th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post

Yes apples and oranges...
But Batumi offers you more atm......
Old 6th May 2019
M32
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes apples and oranges...
But Batumi offers you more atm......
Yes, it's in the context of my limited rack space.
Since i have a cp251 with S&H and slew, i am indeed getting the batumi, and hold off on the wogglebug untill i decide to expand.
Old 6th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post

Batumi has random waveforms also.
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

Did some reshuffling to make room for some new toys ...

12u MDLR Performance case
Show Us Your Modular Grid-modulargrid_850064.jpg

12u Expansion case
Show Us Your Modular Grid-modulargrid_866043.jpg

4u Percussion skiff
Show Us Your Modular Grid-modulargrid_581184-1-.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Your Modular Grid-modulargrid_850064.jpg   Show Us Your Modular Grid-modulargrid_866043.jpg   Show Us Your Modular Grid-modulargrid_581184-1-.jpg  
Old 28th May 2019
Gear Addict

Updated...

Old 28th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes, it's in the context of my limited rack space.
Since i have a cp251 with S&H and slew, i am indeed getting the batumi, and hold off on the wogglebug untill i decide to expand.
I love wogglebug, but I wouldn't want to use it overly without MATHS...
Old 28th May 2019
M32
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
Can you elaborate? I haven't quite understood the uses of maths, it seems to be universally acclaimed, but i haven't quite understood it's depth. I know it has many capabilities, which ones would you deem essential for processing a wogglebug? Slew, attenuvert, other...

My future case has expanded quite a bit, this is what i have in mind: (modular grid screencapture)

So far the real thing is a bit more limited:(photo)
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Your Modular Grid-modulargrid_929073.jpg   Show Us Your Modular Grid-instruo-modular.jpg  
Old 29th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Can you elaborate? I haven't quite understood the uses of maths, it seems to be universally acclaimed, but i haven't quite understood it's depth. I know it has many capabilities, which ones would you deem essential for processing a wogglebug? Slew, attenuvert, other...

My future case has expanded quite a bit, this is what i have in mind: (modular grid screencapture)

So far the real thing is a bit more limited:(photo)
MATHS is just super handy, it can do a lot, mixer, low/high freq osc, trance gate, clock, clock divider, super long and tight envelopes, risers and falls, sweeps, logical mixing, peak detection and much more. It tends to come in handy when your main utilities are tied up or allows you to get by on less as it can be applicable in almost any situation.

Wogglebug is just very nice as a source for it, I use it as the primary clock source most of the time. For some reason, it's just very good at setting a musical tempo. Personally, I love all the output it provides and tend to carve it into a lot (using MATHS).

Not saying it's better than the Batumi, I just am fond of it. As for MATHS, as handy as it is, you might have a look at Frap Tools Falistri first, tho thats more expensive.
Old 29th May 2019
Lives for gear
I could nearly go broke buying nothing but modulation sources. There are so many interesting and unique ones of so many varieties.
Old 9th June 2019
Gear Head

The second, standalone rack is growing.

Old 10th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
The second, standalone rack is growing.

Kudos on getting so much functionality into such a small space. It looks like a lot of fun.
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
I was never before interested in a Wogglebug until I saw the otficial videos about using it with Rene.

Now I want to try the combination of a Maths, Wogglebug, Pressure Points plus Brains, and the Tempi just for clocks and sequencing.
Old 10th June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Kudos on getting so much functionality into such a small space. It looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks! It's tons of fun.
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Nut

Getting there. Rearranged today for more logical signal flow and to put the PNW where I can get up close to peer at the display. The Demora will come out eventually because it uses too much power.

Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Your Modular Grid-modulargrid_908562.jpg  
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear
Here is the current plan for Case One, and it feels like I have forever remaining...it's really 9U up top and 3U in the other half of the case with the black BSPro, but they logically go together and this is easier to MG:

(Case Two will hold the MS20, Boog, Pro-1, Cranial Saw voice, and more complimentary modules. Most effects and mixers and all that will be elsewhere).

Old 14th June 2019
Gear Addict

^ It's too bad you can only get the black and gold face plates with a new system from Make Noise.
3rd party or used is the only way to get them. I actually had them make mine with the aluminum
face plates (they seemed a little offended by that, heh). I was just young and stupid at the time,
preferring metal to PCB
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear
I like any color, as long as its grayscale/silver/black.

Old 15th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Currently paired with two x0xb0x, a DFAM and a Nord Micromodular (for modulation duties via phones output).

Next modules will be an Intellijel OR and a Befaco Rampage kit.

No, there is no filter yet

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search