The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread Modular Synthesizers
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

New Modular Gear Purchase Thread

I kind of think the monthly format used in EMI&EMP is a bit too cumbersome, so how about one master thread to show off your purchases? If you guys would prefer it be monthly, feel free to delete this and we'll go the monthly format.

Had these come in last week:

Noise Reap ISD Sampler - Simple and brilliant. Recording at high speed and then pitching down makes samples sound GRUNGY!

Noise Reap Loafers - I haven't dipped in too deep with this, but I never seem to have enough LFO's.

Barton 1Song - I got this from a guy that sells completed DIY modules on eBay, and then makes his own panel. I'm man enough to admit it: I bought it because it's got a kitty on the panel. I'm still learning this module but in brief experiments, it's neat. Just hit a button and it generates a random melody for you. I can't wait to push the limits of this one.

Gieskes Fan VCO - Even as I was buying this one, I knew it was a bad idea. It's a bit limited in what it can do (basically a sine wave with a slew on it when pitching up and down), but it does have a certain weirdness factor that I couldn't resist.

Erica Pico Voice - This was an impulse purchase that I didn't look that deeply into. The acid synth algorithm is extremely limited in what it can do, but it does sound nice. No regrets though as the PWM, supersaw, and wavetable sound great.

Zlob Passive Attenumixer - A basic utility and does what it says. It's nice to have a passive mixer floating around in the rack.
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

I think this thread needs to be a monthly thread... else its going to become monolithic...
Old 25th September 2017
Here for the gear

Nice grab with the Noise Reap Modules. I just love the ISD Sampler, it gets so dirty!
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilllwinston View Post
Nice grab with the Noise Reap Modules. I just love the ISD Sampler, it gets so dirty!
Yeah, it's hard to find anything to complain about with Noise Reap. I love his prices, too. Like with the Bermuda's, I want to get mad because they don't have sawteeth, but at $60 each, how can I? They're surprisingly high quality for the price, too. I've toyed with the idea of making a Noise Reap voice before, and it would cost well under a grand:

Old 25th September 2017
Here for the gear

I like the way you think! I would even consider adding the upcoming DOPES module for more Noise fun!
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I like the way you think! I would even consider adding the upcoming DOPES module for more Noise fun!
Ah nice, I didn't even know about Dopes. Thanks for the heads up there!
Old 25th September 2017
This month-

Old 26th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
This month-
Love that thing. Gets used on nearly every patch. Plate and REV-FL-LP in particular are my faves. The neat thing about the flanger in REV-FL-LP is that it's a static flanger on its own, so you have to send your own modulation to it to get it moving. Controlling it with an envelope is an awesome trick.
Old 26th September 2017
Lives for gear

Finally bit the bullet...

I'm a Wogglebug owner!
Old 26th September 2017
Here for the gear

My latest acquisition (hopefully the attached file will show - I am unable to use the IMG feature. How many posts do I need to have before I can post images? )
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-hwztdd.jpg  
Old 26th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
My latest acquisition (hopefully the attached file will show - I am unable to use the IMG feature. How many posts do I need to have before I can post images? )
Nice! I'm a little jelly of your acquisition there.
Old 26th September 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Nice! I'm a little jelly of your acquisition there.
Thanks Derp! I found out about this module right before I got into eurorack, but was disappointed when I found out it was a very limited release, and that they had all been snapped up two years ago. So I filed it into the mental "modules I would love to own but I'm sure I'll never find" folder. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I'm browsing the classifieds on muffs and lo and behold one came up for sale. I knew what I needed to do right then, because if I didn't then I knew someone else would.
Old 26th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
So I filed it into the mental "modules I would love to own but I'm sure I'll never find" folder.
Give it time and you might get lucky. There's a few I own now that I thought I would never have the privilege of having for myself.
Old 27th September 2017
Gear Nut

I picked up some Malekko modules used from a friend in the last few weeks, 2 Richter Oscillator II's, a Varigate 8+ and a Voltage Block. The oscillators are pretty great, they seem in the same realm of stability and tone with my favorite modular osc's, the MOTM 300. The Malekko's sound wonderful FM-ing each other.

The VG8+/VB combo is going to keep me occupied for quite a while I think. My Euro setup is pretty small, 9uX104 hp, plus an 0-Coast, but I have a bunch of 5u and Frac, and the VG8+/VB seems like it can be a master sequencer for my whole setup. I put them in a skiff with 2 Pressure Points and Brains, and a 4MS QCD, it's a pretty powerful little sequencing box. I've been so busy lately that I've barely had the chance to scratch the surface of what this combo can do.
Old 28th September 2017
Lives for gear

That Z-DSP thread had me itching:

Old 28th September 2017
Lives for gear

My Minitaur conversion kit arrived today.

Its the first of several DIY projects that are supposed to help me thru dark and cold winter evenings
Old 29th September 2017
Lives for gear

Sorry for the stock image, but it's such a tiny thing that once I tried to take pics of it patched in the rack it didn't really jump out!

Anyhow, I'm loving this thing so far. I was a little wary after getting the 2HP clock divider a couple weeks ago and finding that it behaves erratically, but the Freez is awesome. I'm finding it is a perfect pairing with the Koma Kommander, and I've been having a blast tonight running Amen breaks into it from the Disting and waving my hands around to glitch things up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZm81eFH...recycledcities
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZnGzv6n...recycledcities
Old 30th September 2017
Gear Maniac
Moog model 15. It sounds amazing and partners well with thr Minimoog D reissue. Love just seeing it in the studio. The inductor based Fixed Filter Bank really sprinkles on some magic, you can get dome excellent sounding sounds out of it. I dont plan on growing my modular setup too much.
Old 30th September 2017
Lives for gear

Any guesses?

New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-img_0621-1640-.jpg

I've been looking for this one for a couple of months.
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-img_0621-1640-.jpg  
Old 30th September 2017
Gear Maniac
Fuzz factory?
Old 1st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by josker View Post
Fuzz factory?
Close enough ... Lo-Fi Junky. Bought it for Chord but wow, it does wonders on drums too.
Old 1st October 2017
Gear Maniac
Thinking of getting one, too. Had one, miss it
Old 1st October 2017
Lives for gear

I have the E352 coming that I bought mid July. I had an email from Paul saying it was posted last week so I might be lucky next week. I picked up a Telemark a couple of weeks ago and have yet to try out as I've just got my rack back together after building some new ears - see Modular DIY racks. I'm dipping my toe into DIY but that's another story and a different thread? I don't think we have one for DIY yet?

And for modular use I've just bought a JBL LSR305 for my my portable rig/table I've been building. I've have some Focal Alpha 65's but not very easy lugging this around rooms.
Old 1st October 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
I have the E352 coming that I bought mid July. I had an email from Paul saying it was posted last week so I might be lucky next week. I picked up a Telemark a couple of weeks ago and have yet to try out as I've just got my rack back together after building some new ears - see Modular DIY racks. I'm dipping my toe into DIY but that's another story and a different thread? I don't think we have one for DIY yet?

And for modular use I've just bought a JBL LSR305 for my my portable rig/table I've been building. I've have some Focal Alpha 65's but not very easy lugging this around rooms.
Uhm. Would you mind mentioning order&ship dates?
Old 1st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Uhm. Would you mind mentioning order&ship dates?
I pre-ordered the E352 in July and it was only released on Sept 20th. My order was shipped 10 days ago and don't know how long shipping is but I expect around 14 days. I'll let you know.

I don't know where you are based but I'm in the UK and I worked out buying from the States after calculating VAT and excise duty it works £100 cheaper than buying from European sellers.

Synthesis Technology only have the black one direct, which I wanted but other U.S. suppliers see the website stock the silver one.
Old 1st October 2017
Lives for gear

Has anyone any idea when the Behringer Model D is going to surface. I saw the expected date from before was Sept. Is it imminent? GAS :p
Old 1st October 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
I pre-ordered the E352 in July and it was only released on Sept 20th. My order was shipped 10 days ago and don't know how long shipping is but I expect around 14 days. I'll let you know.

I don't know where you are based but I'm in the UK and I worked out buying from the States after calculating VAT and excise duty it works £100 cheaper than buying from European sellers.

Synthesis Technology only have the black one direct, which I wanted but other U.S. suppliers see the website stock the silver one.
Okay cheers! I did like you, although too late - 26th of August here will just have to wait, but that’s not really my strong suit.
Old 1st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Okay cheers! I did like you, although too late - 26th of August here will just have to wait, but that’s not really my strong suit.
Just drop Paul a line, he was very good communicating when I was asking about shipping and customs before I bought.
Old 1st October 2017
Lives for gear

The Dark Mutables trilogy. Custom built by Dakota Melin @dksynth.

Look friggin beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-20170911_125824.jpg   New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-20170911_125928.jpg   New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-20170911_130217.jpg  
Old 1st October 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
The Dark Mutables trilogy. Custom built by Dakota Melin @dksynth.

Look friggin beautiful.
Wow looks great, nice classy design. I wish other eurorack vendors would take that approach.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search