The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1681
Gear Maniac
 
pekbro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
The Mordax Data was on my wish list but I decided on an O'Tool+. It's half the width, I prefer the minimalist aesthetic and perhaps most importantly, it was available when I wanted to buy something.
Heh, I'm still holding out for the Mordax module. Though I don't blame you,
the O'Tool is nice as well and I considered it pretty seriously myself.

I would have to set up another skiff for either regardless. Likely, it
will be the only module in it for a while. (probably)
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
The Mordax Data was on my wish list but I decided on an O'Tool+. It's half the width, I prefer the minimalist aesthetic and perhaps most importantly, it was available when I wanted to buy something.

Mordax it's awesome Depends what kind of signal flow you working with,
I wish to had 2 Mordax Data 8ch who cares about the space, screw with the matrix and limits.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1683
Most module people don't like digital stuff, for what I see but the O&C software it's nothing just a simple knobs and patches
what if you had to program entire show on a digital console, Dame it's not that hard use the brain people, once you setup it runs on its own.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1684
I had some pretty good fortune over the weekend. Most of it went to catching up on old bills, but I did also get myself some toys. I went a little drum crazy:




The Modbase has been on my GAS list for a loooooong ass time. Hopefully the deal won't fall apart for some unknown reason like it did the last time.

As for the TipTop 808 setup, I'm not particularly a huge fan of the 808, but then again, I wasn't a huge fan of the 909 when I got TT's lineup, and that's become a go-to set of modules for me. The impulse to buy was especially high because Perfect Circuit has that whole bundle for $350!!! That's a savings of almost $300 compared to buying them individually, even used. I know it's not the complete 808, but TT put out one of these new fairly recently, so I've got faith that it's only a matter of time for the clap, cymbal, and the toms/congas to come out as modules.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1685
Now I remember how I got so far in debt...







Also got myself another set of rails.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1686
Lives for gear
 

Because most of my modular setup is my DIY work I rarely buy modules from manufacturers. I think last time I bought a module it was two years ago.
Of course I have a short list of modules that interested me, but I decided to buy them only if I can find them second hand at a very good price.


For a few weeks I was excited by the recently released ALM SQUID SALMPLE. Watched all the videos, read the manual twice and discovered ways of using it exactly how I imagined to use a sampler in modular.
Checked all distributors in eu but no luck. Without much hope I thought to check if there is any ALM SQUID available second hand. Luckily I found one in France and a hundred eu cheaper than retail. Bought it in an instant and now it is in my setup. Fabulous module.


A day after I bought the sampler I got a call from a friend who asked me if I would be interested to buy his Noise Engineering Loquelic Iteritas.
The Loquelic Iterates was on the top of my list of wanted modules for at least two years. Finally I bought it at half the retail price. What a superb sound source. Completely different from all my other digital sources.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1687
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissugar View Post
A day after I bought the sampler I got a call from a friend who asked me if I would be interested to buy his Noise Engineering Loquelic Iteritas.
The Loquelic Iterates was on the top of my list of wanted modules for at least two years. Finally I bought it at half the retail price. What a superb sound source. Completely different from all my other digital sources.
Kudos on your new toys! NE is a company I overlooked in the beginning because of their designs and naming conventions, but I've warmed up to them quite a bit this year. The Loquelic Iteritas is a great complex oscillator. It's got the structure of a Buchla 259, but it can get downright nasty in a way that I haven't heard from other complex oscillators. It's a whole lot of fun.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1688
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Kudos on your new toys! NE is a company I overlooked in the beginning because of their designs and naming conventions, but I've warmed up to them quite a bit this year. The Loquelic Iteritas is a great complex oscillator. It's got the structure of a Buchla 259, but it can get downright nasty in a way that I haven't heard from other complex oscillators. It's a whole lot of fun.
Thank you

First time I heard about Noise Engineering it was a few years ago from Chrisso. He talked about the Basimilus Iteritas as a drum source, so I checked their products and demos.

Discovered the Loquelic Iteritas and I swear I checked every possible video and audio demo file available on the net. Even now after a few years since I discovered it, I still like very much the way it sounds.
I like very much it has three different synthesis algorithms (not very common ones) and the modulator knobs become different coeficients in the equations.

The only thing I totally dislike is the NE panel aesthetic but I think I will be fine with it
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1689
Gear Nut
 
Clumsy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVFM View Post
Mordax it's awesome Depends what kind of signal flow you working with,
I wish to had 2 Mordax Data 8ch who cares about the space, screw with the matrix and limits.
My local eurorack dealer just put the Mordax Data up for pre-order at AU$170 more than the O'Tool. For now I'm happy with my purchase.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1690
M32
Lives for gear
 
M32's Avatar
My Grayscale Supercell arrived! along with a Voicas Ledrover distortion, yummm
Installed, but no time to play till saturday, unfortunately. damn...



I sold all my distortion pedals a while back, since i was tired of the impedance thing and huge noisefloor. Hopefully this baby will shine, loved the demo's so far.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1691
Gear Addict
 
Summer Of Nebula's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M32 View Post
My Grayscale Supercell arrived! along with a Voicas Ledrover distortion, yummm
Installed, but no time to play till saturday, unfortunately. damn...



I sold all my distortion pedals a while back, since i was tired of the impedance thing and huge noisefloor. Hopefully this baby will shine, loved the demo's so far.
The Ledrover is on my list too; I am curious to hear your thoughts on it.
I am sure it will sound great, after all it has a Neve knob.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1692
Gear Nut
This should be all I got this month.
- 512
- 540
- 555
If someone knows, that I already have some, one can see that I love Roland sound.
- Tempi
- AY3
- ADD2
- 2 x Multi
- Bizarre Jezabel Chloe V3 (yes, you will find here: LPG -> MMF -> Tube -> Delay)
- DJ Thomas White Quad LPG (because there is no such thing as too much LPGs), at least all its parts should be in box provided. :]
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-img_0861.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1693
Lives for gear
 
justjools's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by normanion View Post
This should be all I got this month.
- 512
- 540
- 555
If someone knows, that I already have some, one can see that I love Roland sound.
- Tempi
- AY3
- ADD2
- 2 x Multi
- Bizarre Jezabel Chloe V3 (yes, you will find here: LPG -> MMF -> Tube -> Delay)
- DJ Thomas White Quad LPG (because there is no such thing as too much LPGs), at least all its parts should be in box provided. :]
All? that's a lot of modules to buy in one go... everyone loves Roland
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1694
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

Finished building this yesterday, a nod to the 80's (it contains 8 x commodore 64 memory chips)



If your curious, stick on some headphone and watch this video, it's a superb module

Old 3 weeks ago
  #1695
Gear Nut
 
fudge rutgers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissugar View Post
The only thing I totally dislike is the NE panel aesthetic but I think I will be fine with it
not fond of Noise Engineering's graphics/panel aesthetics, either, but after several months i noticed that i had more NE modules than any other brand... funny how the cosmetic element takes a back seat to functionality and character. i'm a big fan of both the Loquelic Iteritas and the Basimilus Iteritas Alter... lot of bang for the buck. their utility modules (Lapsus Os, Pons Asinorum, et al) are also very smart and useful
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1696
Gear Addict
 
Summer Of Nebula's Avatar
 

woohoo, my Rabid Elephant Natural Gate is on its way!
About 11 months since I pre-ordered it at Schneiders Laden.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1697
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula View Post
woohoo, my Rabid Elephant Natural Gate is on its way!
About 11 months since I pre-ordered it at Schneiders Laden.
Woohoo indeed.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1698


It was a tough choice between this or a Qu-Bit Prism. Decided to get the Manis Iteritas for now because I just bought some effects processors (FXBox and Dark Matter). I think my heart wanted the Prism more, but the MI will probably see some practical use in the musics.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1699
Lives for gear
 
Hokut's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula View Post
woohoo, my Rabid Elephant Natural Gate is on its way!
About 11 months since I pre-ordered it at Schneiders Laden.
11 Months! Wow, I wouldn't have that type of patience. I would have cancelled the order probably after 30 days
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1700
Lives for gear
 
Ossicle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula View Post
woohoo, my Rabid Elephant Natural Gate is on its way!
About 11 months since I pre-ordered it at Schneiders Laden.
Same here, I've waited mine since April! The price was steep, sure hope it's worth it.

Also, Instruo I-ō47 in the same package. Damn, I feel guilty and excited.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1701
Just stumbled on this little oddity and had to get it:



The video demos are very barebones in that they mostly just show the unit talking as realistically as it can, but it unintentionally hints at the possibilities.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1702
Gear Addict
 
Summer Of Nebula's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokut View Post
11 Months! Wow, I wouldn't have that type of patience. I would have cancelled the order probably after 30 days
Usually I am pretty impatient but it was clearly told from the beginning that it won't happen before August 2019.

Actually waiting now feels much harder - In my book anticipation has nothing to do with "pleasure".
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1703
Gear Addict
 
Summer Of Nebula's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossicle View Post
Same here, I've waited mine since April! The price was steep, sure hope it's worth it.

Also, Instruo I-ō47 in the same package. Damn, I feel guilty and excited.
I never recorded new I-o47 stuff for you, sorry... Besides excited I feel guilty now too =)
I am sure you'll love the I-o47!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1704
Lives for gear
 
Hokut's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula View Post
Usually I am pretty impatient but it was clearly told from the beginning that it won't happen before August 2019.

Actually waiting now feels much harder - In my book anticipation has nothing to do with "pleasure".
Sort of kickstarter yes that's why I rarely do kickstarter purchases... For me it is also a way to reduce/control spending or help with 'what to buy' in the case of too many choices... if it is a year away... not for me

but of course, nothing wrong if one has patience and has to have that specific item
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1705
Gear Addict
 
Summer Of Nebula's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokut View Post
[...] has to have that specific item
That's the crucial part =)
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1706
Lives for gear
 
Ossicle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula View Post
I never recorded new I-o47 stuff for you, sorry... Besides excited I feel guilty now too =)
I am sure you'll love the I-o47!
Ha, no worries! There were enough demos around to convince me.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1707
Lives for gear
 

I didn't prepay for a Natural Gate but I would like one, and look forward to your and more reviews. Their thread and explanations are pretty convincing, but it's a lot of loot for one module.

Im watcbjng their upcoming, also expensive AF, kick drum module as well, with great interest.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1708
M32
Lives for gear
 
M32's Avatar
I really like the Natural Gate, but up to 18 months waiting time?

That is such a long time, even full boutique synth builders like John Bowen don't take that long.

Some guy put one up for sale for 590 euros. That's a steep profit.

It seems a bit strange, i can understand they don't want to overproduce, but aren't they scaring off a lot of potential customers this way?

I mean for all you know they could stop or go out of business in half a year.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1709
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M32 View Post
I really like the Natural Gate, but up to 18 months waiting time?

That is such a long time, even full boutique synth builders like John Bowen don't take that long.

Some guy put one up for sale for 590 euros. That's a steep profit.

It seems a bit strange, i can understand they don't want to overproduce, but aren't they scaring off a lot of potential customers this way?

I mean for all you know they could stop or go out of business in half a year.
The first batch was built small and 100% matched to pre-paid preorders.

I believe I read that they are already ramping up production for subsequent batches. It'll never be Mutables quantity or anything, but they're pretty open about it in the Natural Gate thread on MW.

I'm skeptical AF, for instance, of so-called audiophile modules like stuff from Cwejman or whomever, so I stepped into the Natural Gate scene super skeptical, but I've been won over.

I like their approach, their ideas, the attention to detail, and all that, from their own mouths in the associated threads, that I'm curious enough to try a Natural Gate (and probably that upcoming Kick drum module, too) for myself and see what's up...

I doubt I'll ever prepay, sight unseen, for anything. Is anything that cool, ever, really? I kinda doubt it. But I'll snag one from someone as soon as it's available and not served with sodomy-taxes.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1710
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post


It was a tough choice between this or a Qu-Bit Prism. Decided to get the Manis Iteritas for now because I just bought some effects processors (FXBox and Dark Matter). I think my heart wanted the Prism more, but the MI will probably see some practical use in the musics.
With what I’ve heard from you, I think you’re gonna like the MI a lot.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump