The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

laughing about faffing
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

^ That xor sequencer looks awesome, I love trackers. Gonna have to pick that up myself at some point.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

So I happened to need a 4 hp module as well, this is what I got...

http://www.animodule.com/product/gate_mod

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
So I happened to need a 4 hp module as well, this is what I got...

http://www.animodule.com/product/gate_mod

There a certain use case in your setup that this solves? Or some new thing you want to do?
Old 1 week ago
Hello rackers.

Is there something else other than the ADDAC 207 quantizer that puts out multiple channels of pitch and gate?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
There a certain use case in your setup that this solves? Or some new thing you want to do?
If it works anything like my Erica Pico T>G, it's great for adding some variability to trigger sources. It'll convert them to gates and then you can randomize the lengths to humanize what would normally be a very static sounding part. Very useful. The Animodule looks to have a few more tricks it can do over the Pico also.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
If it works anything like my Erica Pico T>G, it's great for adding some variability to trigger sources. It'll convert them to gates and then you can randomize the lengths to humanize what would normally be a very static sounding part. Very useful. The Animodule looks to have a few more tricks it can do over the Pico also.
Cool.

Your post seems to imply a couple of things which had not occurred to me before, if I'm understanding correctly...

That Triggers are less flexible than Gates, in terms of how you can mess with them in native form, and that turning Triggers into Gates in order to mess with them is meant to overcome this inherent limitation of Triggers, and is I'm guessing a common approach. Is that correct?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Yeah, it’s as void23 says, I use a lot of seq gates and event triggers, this should be good for variations. It’s pretty easy to vary rates, but gate length is another story. This should come in pretty handy for me and it was on sale :D
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Terror View Post
Hello rackers.

Is there something else other than the ADDAC 207 quantizer that puts out multiple channels of pitch and gate?
Ornament & Crime!!!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Marbles
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Ornament & Crime!!!
Wow! That is one feature packed module. I also had a gander at Marbles but O&E is the one for me plus it costs less than ADDAC and MU.

A micro version is on its way.

Thank you both.
Much appreciated.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Not as photogenic as the Wogglebug but more musical...

New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-chord.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-chord.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow! That is one feature packed module. I also had a gander at Marbles but O&E is the one for me plus it costs less than ADDAC and MU.

A micro version is on its way.

Thank you both.
Much appreciated.
Glad we could help.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
I believe thats a DIY thing with SMD parts, which I cant solder.
I believe they also made the deal that no one was allowed to sell them pre-build, boo!
There´s a lot of people selling them already built. Check the DIY and eurorack sales / trades groups on one "large social media platform"..
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by defdaft View Post
There´s a lot of people selling them already built. Check the DIY and eurorack sales / trades groups on one "large social media platform"..
Good tip, thank you very much!
Old 1 week ago

I'll be shuffling modules tonight then tomorrow Ornament and Crime will be put to work.
Old 6 days ago
Oh my....

Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Though the panel is god awful ugly with surface mounted LED's meaning no option for a Gray Scale replacement, but it's very playable and the UI just make sense.

New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-img_2318.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
Oh my....

So slutty
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Though the panel is god awful ugly with surface mounted LED's meaning no option for a Gray Scale replacement, but it's very playable and the UI just make sense.

Hideously awesome?
Old 5 days ago
Quote:

I really like that front panel :D
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Not really modular but required a lot of discipline saving and not buying modules. Shout to @ Reptil for putting me on to the Neumann KH 120s. I was convinced I needed 8" woofers and I don't know how they did it but these 5 1/4" woofers sound bigger and more defined than anything I've ever heard in my room.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Sexy.
Old 5 days ago
I like them too but wish the power switch was on the front.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I like them too but wish the power switch was on the front.
I've barely started burning them in. They arrived last night and I started off listening to a lot of familiar music digital and vinyl. One thing I noticed compared to my old 8"ers is that they seem a little more sensitive to placement. I'm thinking about wall mounting to get a bigger sweet spot but I've got to spend more time with them before anything else.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Bought an Acid Rain Switchblade...

https://acidraintechnology.com

Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Honestly, I don't get the fascination with euclidean sequencers, I have a few of them in software that
I never use. They are neat, but I prefer more complex sequencing myself. *shrugs
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Honestly, I don't get the fascination with euclidean sequencers, I have a few of them in software that
I never use. They are neat, but I prefer more complex sequencing myself. *shrugs
Good basic rhythms put together quickly. That's why I like them anyway.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Bought an Acid Rain Switchblade...

https://acidraintechnology.com

Whatever that's for, it gets an A+ in the name dept.

I can't not read it in a Monster Truck/WWF voice.

Snap into a Switchblade!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Good basic rhythms put together quickly. That's why I like them anyway.
Thx, I guess in the context of hardware, they might be much more interesting and handy. Certainly they are neat, maybe I'll have a closer look at the vpme.de EC v2

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search