The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread Modular Synthesizers
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
DERP!
At least I managed to resist my initial impulse to buy a Prophet. ...but I needed the module as a consolation prize.
Old 2 weeks ago
Well, I also added Erica Synths Pico Drums, TipTop Audio Fold Processor, and Klavis Logica XT to the rack today... oops
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Pico Drums
@ chrisso talked me into that one. It's kind of a pain to deal with because you have to use a separate programmer to upload your drums and there's such limited space, but it feels like having your own custom PCM drum machine in the rack when you're done. Heck, I even loaded mine up with HR16 and 707 drums. Once you're done setting everything up on it, it becomes extremely useful.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
@ chrisso talked me into that one. It's kind of a pain to deal with because you have to use a separate programmer to upload your drums and there's such limited space, but it feels like having your own custom PCM drum machine in the rack when you're done. Heck, I even loaded mine up with HR16 and 707 drums. Once you're done setting everything up on it, it becomes extremely useful.
Seriously guys, just get yourself a used, first gen, Analog Rytm. If you want CV in's, go for the Mk II. Best drum machine I've ever owned and with a Ladik Trigger to MIDI converter, you can totally integrate it into your modular set-up.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Im pretty happy with the Bitbox for drums, also the other stuff. Fxbox and Synthbox
are quite awesome imho. I'm not purist enough to worry about digital vs analog at this point.
Just an exceedingly handy thing...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
Seriously guys, just get yourself a used, first gen, Analog Rytm. If you want CV in's, go for the Mk II. Best drum machine I've ever owned and with a Ladik Trigger to MIDI converter, you can totally integrate it into your modular set-up.
Common sense? ...in MY modular!? It's less likely than you think!

I like having drum modules in such. Sometimes they're a pain, but most of the time, they're unique in some ways. Grandpa for drums for instance is a beast.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
For sampled drums I've reverted back to MPC but I do love creating drums out of basic analog synth parts. Do you feel like the synth engine on the AR can keep up with modular analog drums or do you use a lot of samples? (it does both IIRC).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

First, my post was somewhat in jest, so I hope that comes across. I've still got my BIA, Peaks, and 808 hats so I get it.

Regarding the Analog Rytm, after getting some experience in making drum sounds from scratch on the modular, I've found it's a lot easier to patch the Rytm. I personally use a mix of analog sounds and samples in my kits, sometime even both on the same voice. I'll also usually sub-mix any percussion sounds coming out of the modular into the AR to take advantage of it's processing and effects and to try and keep everything in the same "space" when it makes sense. It's like having a mini Analog Heat.

Programming is a mix of using the AR's sequencer along with Grids, the Numeric Repetitor, or some kind of weird A-160-5 / A-150 madness. I also use the Analog Rytm as my master clock, spitting out 24ppqn DIN Sync into the modular world and letting PNW break it down to the various formats I need in the rack from there.

It's a really fun box and I'm not exaggerating in saying it's the best drum box I've ever used, and I started with a TR-626 / Boss DR-220. One of these days, I'll upgrade to the new version which does 2-channels of CV input.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Loaded it up with samples before building it in, so I'm good to go

Very nice little module, well worth it!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Loaded it up with samples before building it in, so I'm good to go

Very nice little module, well worth it!
The 12-bit DA on it really adds something special to the sounds. It couples wonderfully with the MUM M8 for a little old-school sample voice.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Ok just pre-ordered the X-Pan

http://makenoisemusic.com/modules/x-pan
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hopefully, the last of my modular purchases for a while ...

New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-chord2.jpg

How does it sound? Here's a quick patch with all my new stuff, the Chord2, Klee, and the Plasma Drive.

Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-chord2.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hopefully, the last of my modular purchases for a while ...

How does it sound? Here's a quick patch with all my new stuff, the Chord2, Klee, and the Plasma Drive.

Gratz on that stuff, it sounds great! Quite inspirational, in terms of both musicality and the GAS to want all that stuff
Old 1 day ago
Hello there 4ms STS!
Hmmm.... Ok, I still have GAS for the Assimi8or.
But to be honest, it is too much for this rack. And I just realise it does not fit in my ‘future rack plan’ either
Well...let’s have some fun with this MF.
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-bc6ad101-a598-49b1-a286-4ccc7b0428a0.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search