The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread Modular Synthesizers
Old 6th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLNB View Post
It doesn't appear that any more of the CV style colour modules have been developed outside of the stuff Black Market is selling. This kind of limits the upside to this module to VCA and general tone fx duties.
You can still use the standard Colour modules with the Palette though, so you've got stuff like EQ, saturation, and compression available.
Old 6th September 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
You can still use the standard Colour modules with the Palette though, so you've got stuff like EQ, saturation, and compression available.
For sure.. if I dive into 500 series stuff Colour will be tops in a few slots for mojo/sound sculpting. This merging of formats was really a good idea and it's odd that it hasn't been explored more. 1 CV control may be too limiting when 2hp and Erica have feature packed stuff for less.
Old 6th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLNB View Post
For sure.. if I dive into 500 series stuff Colour will be tops in a few slots for mojo/sound sculpting. This merging of formats was really a good idea and it's odd that it hasn't been explored more. 1 CV control may be too limiting when 2hp and Erica have feature packed stuff for less.
Oh, I think I put two and two together regarding what you're saying: The trouble with the CV Colour modules anyway is that they share CV inputs/controls. For instance if you patch a signal into the low pass card and the high pass card, you don't get a pandpass with a variable width. You just get a bandpass where the low and high share the same cutoff. I'd even go so far as to say that these things really aren't practical when using the CV modules. Irritating, right?
Old 10th September 2018
Finally!

And it's just as awesome as I thought it would be.
Old 11th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have no idea why I'm constantly attracted to 'chiptune' stuff, even though I don't make chiptunes, or often use those kinds of sounds at all really.
I got these two in the mail yesterday and after racking them, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting that e950 sooner. This is a way more capable module than I had initially thought it would be. Sending a bunch of CV to it, I was getting some really cool results with it. I love the e950.
Old 11th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have no idea why I'm constantly attracted to 'chiptune' stuff, even though I don't make chiptunes, or often use those kinds of sounds at all really.
I know! Same here!
Old 11th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I got these two in the mail yesterday and after racking them, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting that e950 sooner. This is a way more capable module than I had initially thought it would be. Sending a bunch of CV to it, I was getting some really cool results with it. I love the e950.
How easy is it to make it just say specific stuff, words and phrases and such?
Old 12th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
How easy is it to make it just say specific stuff, words and phrases and such?
Not very easy at all. If you're looking for that, I'd go with the Flame Talking Synth. It's not the same chip, but it's got a ton of words, and you can get some funny sentences and phrases by using the random word selection mode.
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

Got an unexpected charge on the debit card this morning. Open up my email, and I found that this just shipped today:

Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Got an unexpected charge on the debit card this morning. Open up my email, and I found that this just shipped today:

I'll be really interested in hearing how you get on with it, Derp.
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

Looks like I can finally take my BMX out back and torch the piece of crap!

Found this cheap and couldn't pass it up. It's not as feature-rich as the BMX, but hopefully this doesn't make things sound like crap the way the BMX does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post
I'll be really interested in hearing how you get on with it, Derp.
I'm excited by it. I know I've got a lot of voice modules already, but something with CEM's in it? This is going to be fun!
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

While I was at it, figured I should pull the trigger and get these:

@cane creek mentioned this thing ages ago and I've been wanting it. Found a slightly less expensive one, so hooray for weird rhythms!

Because I always need more racks and power supplies.
Old 19th September 2018
Lives for gear

Just ordered one of these...

Couldn't resist. All I need now is a sequencer to help me with getting that sound in Eurorack.

EricaSynths - Bassline
Old 21st September 2018

7 new 5-way mults- 20 dollars.
Zero HP used- Priceless.
I wonder if 15 of these will be enough...8 wasn't.
Old 21st September 2018
Lives for gear

Plus, in a pinch and with some mods they could double as Throwing Stars. ^
Old 21st September 2018
Gear Addict

Picked up the very last Minitaur conversion kit from our very own @DSC and miraculously built it without bricking my Minitaur.

New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-img_0375.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-img_0375.jpg  
Old 21st September 2018
Lives for gear

The seller on the System Interface flaked, so I got this as a consolation:

I know I already have too many filters, but this one's based off of the ESQ-1/Prophet VS CEM chip, so it's a color that I don't already have, but know that I enjoy. Excellent price, too.
Old 21st September 2018
Lives for gear

Just arrived today.

Absolutely love this thing. Completely nails the acid, but overall range of tones is wide and sweet.

Paired it with the AJH Glide and modulated the CV In with the noise output.

Very capable voice indeed ranging from smooth to downright filthy.

Highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-20180921_204018.jpg  
Old 21st September 2018
The demos sound great.
I had issues trying to tune the Pico VCO and Pico Voice, due to the wide tuning range on a very sensitive knob. I hope this isn’t the same.
Old 22nd September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
The demos sound great.
I had issues trying to tune the Pico VCO and Pico Voice, due to the wide tuning range on a very sensitive knob. I hope this isn’t the same.
This is a step up in terms of design.

Compared to my older black modules, the build quality is improved, the knobs are so much more satisfying to turn, and the finish of the module is a kind of Matt finish compared to the older sheen which makes it look better IMO.

Tuning seems absolutely stable and the knob is far more precise. Erica seemed to have upped their game, not that I ever had any problems with previous modules. This does look and feel a step above quite noticeably.
Old 22nd September 2018
Lives for gear

I live in Singapore so it is only economical for me to order multiple modules at once.

These just turned up:

Old 22nd September 2018
I'm really happy with my Erica Black modules. Really well made and do what they say on the tin.
The Pico modules were often trying to do too much in too small a package. Accurate tuning was basically impossible IMO.
These new techno modules all look excellent. I'm definitely interested.
Old 22nd September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
I'm really happy with my Erica Black modules. Really well made and do what they say on the tin.
The Pico modules were often trying to do too much in too small a package. Accurate tuning was basically impossible IMO.
These new techno modules all look excellent. I'm definitely interested.
That whole techno set up looks really good. Will be keen to hear how much past the standard 909 sound it can go.

If the Bassline is anything to go by, it'll have the 909 covered and then some!

This nails the 303 sound, and the filter is great.

But with the BP filter I had some classic Leftism style sweeps instantly.

With the Sub and the BBD-driven Detune knob, it adds a whole new range of sounds.

Lovely bit of kit.
Old 22nd September 2018
Lives for gear

I've run out of space.
Streams will need to wait for a new case to arrive.

Old 22nd September 2018
Lives for gear

Adding some "bling" to my Doepfer filters ...

New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-img_1979.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-img_1979.jpg  
Old 24th September 2018
Gear Addict

Went on a bit of a XAOC binge today. Arriving on Thursday:

New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-d6c7ed4a-3a02-4874-9f7c-b2562b0b71b1.pngNew Modular Gear Purchase Thread-9b6a4f0e-a7ed-4296-b6f6-31b00af5610b.pngNew Modular Gear Purchase Thread-38f02572-26b3-4339-916a-bd1c0c99cf10.png
Attached Thumbnails
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-d6c7ed4a-3a02-4874-9f7c-b2562b0b71b1.png   New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-9b6a4f0e-a7ed-4296-b6f6-31b00af5610b.png   New Modular Gear Purchase Thread-38f02572-26b3-4339-916a-bd1c0c99cf10.png  
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

I recently got SSL's 5U version of the Radio Music module and made a demo of it.

Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJohn View Post
I recently got SSL's 5U version of the Radio Music module and made a demo of it.
Radio Music is a whole lot of fun. If you haven't already, check out the Answering Machine samplebank. That one is never leaving my Radio Music.

Audio packs for the Radio Music module * TomWhitwell/RadioMusic Wiki * GitHub
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Radio Music is a whole lot of fun. If you haven't already, check out the Answering Machine samplebank. That one is never leaving my Radio Music.

Audio packs for the Radio Music module * TomWhitwell/RadioMusic Wiki * GitHub
Cool, thanks for the tip!
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Nothing too exciting this time:

My Jomox MBrane crapped out on me (BOOOO!!!), so I thought this would come in handy for helping with troubleshooting. Plus I've got a bunch of modules that need to be upgraded, so this will give me easy access at the rack that's closest to the computer for the USB type stuff.

And I bought this case:

(No pics available without the modules.)

I kept on thinking about what I wanted to do for the case for the Bro One, and I decided that I really want the Z8000 and Trigger Riot in the same case together. So rather than wait for the Bro One to come out, I snagged this thing. I'm going to rehouse my 'control skiff' into this, and hopefully expand it into something that feels more like an instrument. The Z8000 and Trigger Riot are going to live in the old Mother-32 case with a uZeus giving them juice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search