The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Modular Gear Purchase Thread Modular Synthesizers
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLNB View Post
It doesn't appear that any more of the CV style colour modules have been developed outside of the stuff Black Market is selling. This kind of limits the upside to this module to VCA and general tone fx duties.
You can still use the standard Colour modules with the Palette though, so you've got stuff like EQ, saturation, and compression available.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
You can still use the standard Colour modules with the Palette though, so you've got stuff like EQ, saturation, and compression available.
For sure.. if I dive into 500 series stuff Colour will be tops in a few slots for mojo/sound sculpting. This merging of formats was really a good idea and it's odd that it hasn't been explored more. 1 CV control may be too limiting when 2hp and Erica have feature packed stuff for less.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLNB View Post
For sure.. if I dive into 500 series stuff Colour will be tops in a few slots for mojo/sound sculpting. This merging of formats was really a good idea and it's odd that it hasn't been explored more. 1 CV control may be too limiting when 2hp and Erica have feature packed stuff for less.
Oh, I think I put two and two together regarding what you're saying: The trouble with the CV Colour modules anyway is that they share CV inputs/controls. For instance if you patch a signal into the low pass card and the high pass card, you don't get a pandpass with a variable width. You just get a bandpass where the low and high share the same cutoff. I'd even go so far as to say that these things really aren't practical when using the CV modules. Irritating, right?
Old 1 week ago
Finally!

And it's just as awesome as I thought it would be.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have no idea why I'm constantly attracted to 'chiptune' stuff, even though I don't make chiptunes, or often use those kinds of sounds at all really.
I got these two in the mail yesterday and after racking them, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting that e950 sooner. This is a way more capable module than I had initially thought it would be. Sending a bunch of CV to it, I was getting some really cool results with it. I love the e950.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have no idea why I'm constantly attracted to 'chiptune' stuff, even though I don't make chiptunes, or often use those kinds of sounds at all really.
I know! Same here!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I got these two in the mail yesterday and after racking them, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting that e950 sooner. This is a way more capable module than I had initially thought it would be. Sending a bunch of CV to it, I was getting some really cool results with it. I love the e950.
How easy is it to make it just say specific stuff, words and phrases and such?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
How easy is it to make it just say specific stuff, words and phrases and such?
Not very easy at all. If you're looking for that, I'd go with the Flame Talking Synth. It's not the same chip, but it's got a ton of words, and you can get some funny sentences and phrases by using the random word selection mode.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Got an unexpected charge on the debit card this morning. Open up my email, and I found that this just shipped today:

Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Got an unexpected charge on the debit card this morning. Open up my email, and I found that this just shipped today:

I'll be really interested in hearing how you get on with it, Derp.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Looks like I can finally take my BMX out back and torch the piece of crap!

Found this cheap and couldn't pass it up. It's not as feature-rich as the BMX, but hopefully this doesn't make things sound like crap the way the BMX does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post
I'll be really interested in hearing how you get on with it, Derp.
I'm excited by it. I know I've got a lot of voice modules already, but something with CEM's in it? This is going to be fun!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

While I was at it, figured I should pull the trigger and get these:

@cane creek mentioned this thing ages ago and I've been wanting it. Found a slightly less expensive one, so hooray for weird rhythms!

Because I always need more racks and power supplies.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Just ordered one of these...

Couldn't resist. All I need now is a sequencer to help me with getting that sound in Eurorack.

EricaSynths - Bassline
Old 1 hour ago

7 new 5-way mults- 20 dollars.
Zero HP used- Priceless.
I wonder if 15 of these will be enough...8 wasn't.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search