The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Video/Audio Links To Your Modular Synth Tracks
Old 18th November 2020 | Show parent
IEC
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
This is a mostly ITB track made with plugins a couple years ago, there is some lame eurorack
in it, as the sound effects of ocean sounds in the back ground. Anyway, I liked it and thought
it worth recording. Some actual keyboard performance here and composition.

Ho'okipa is a popular windsurf spot on Maui, and holo holo means to head some place and kinda
hang out with your friends and whatnot, I believe anyway. Kinda cheesy, but I know some of you
guys will check it out, which I appreciate immensely. I mostly posted it as I am getting ready
to delete a bunch of stuff and upgrade my PC.

Enjoy,

-Cheers

that was an enjoyable amount of cheese for me
Old 19th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEC View Post
that was an enjoyable amount of cheese for me
Awesome! Thanks for listening, and yeah I do like cheese myself
Old 21st November 2020
Lives for gear

No Hoe cut. Just a little fun .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3tKXOyjoE

Hope you all are having fun.

Last edited by NY___; 21st November 2020 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: John Denver met a looper.
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Mysteron, fully modulated: center stage; treated with E520.
Benjolin V2 & Epoch Modular Benjolin (via V2 EXT IN): 4 channels of 'chaos'.
Angle Grinder & uFold II: drone.
Sapèl: at the heart of things.
ER-101 : 4 sequences switched to 1 via Boss Bow Two; 4 CV streams modulating; clocked by Smooth/Stepped Generator (rate modulated by ER-101 CV).

There is no master clock.
Hands on manipulation of Mysteron and Sapèl during recording.
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Here's an album just released on Bandcamp, with streaming access expected on Dec. 5.

It's a collection of six related Eurorack generative pieces, titled rLung, a Tibetan word for breath or wind. [No wind instruments, other than my lungs.]

https://zengomi.bandcamp.com/album/rlung

Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Thorny Thanksgiving

Pushing into avant-garde jazz/classical conjunction

Telling myself to push the patch even further
Old 2nd December 2020
Here for the gear
My new generative minimalistic composition built with just three modules:
Soma Lyra8 FX, Xaoc Batumi and Mutable Instruments Clouds.

Inspired by Bernard Parmegiani Incidences/Résonances piece on De Natura Sonorum 1978.

Better to listen with headphones to hear a lot of micro sounds and glitches.
Detailed explanations on YouTube.

Old 18th December 2020 | Show parent
IEC
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
just got an erica kick drum!

Last edited by IEC; 3 weeks ago at 02:09 PM.. Reason: fixed link sorry
Old 18th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

...this is what I came up with at the end of a patch. Before I start from scratch tomorrow, I want to share this....

Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years

This is the first track I make with the Nerdseq sequencer and the just released new Poly Wavetable synth algorithm from the Disting EX
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i rarely post music on gs, but seeing as the modular area feels like a small group of friends, i'll just leave this here. a live set i did on the "alternative/youth" national radio station last week. it's 2 hours long, all improvised.

Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
IEC
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
i rarely post music on gs, but seeing as the modular area feels like a small group of friends, i'll just leave this here. a live set i did on the "alternative/youth" national radio station last week. it's 2 hours long, all improvised.
impressive, im stuck @ the ten minute mark with my "performances" heh
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
im stuck @ the ten minute mark with my "performances" heh
well, i've been playing live for more than 10 years. and back then i used to play with 2-3 other people so we would regularly do 3-4 hour sets. but djing also helped a lot, especially when you need to do 4-6 hour long sets in clubs. i think that's also a skill that comes in handy to have as it teaches you flow and what works for a dancefloor (besides experience). one thing i see a lot people doing, even youtubers like milarmelodies is not focusing on the groove. not having that steady dancey foundation. throwing too many things at it that sounds cool, but at the end don't help the groove. it's one thing to play as a showcase or to try things out, the other is to do keep things moving along, and keep people on a dancefloor or at a festival stage.

you can think in terms of 10-20min slots. it's just a matter of learning to easily chain these kind of parts into a cohesive set.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years

I'm not entirely happy with the video (low quality and bad camerawork), but I couldn't let this weird patch disappear.

Mogulosis:
Custom TangibleWaves AE Modular System - Most everything you hear originates from this. Additionally, it's being used for clocks so that the whole mix can go into...
X1L3 Underwurlde - Glitchy Delay Module
Rat King Random Sequencer - While most of the Underwurlde's controls are being modulated from the AE Modular System, this is spitting some randomness into one of the glitch inputs
Studio Electronics 3003 - Mostly being used to give some more gain to the quiet signals coming out of the AE system

AE Patch Breakdown (Because that's what us AE Modular nerds do, apparently):
Kick - This is the FMOS module being modulated by a 2Env before being sent to a VCA. From there, it goes to a spring reverb. While I normally do dry kicks, I've been obsessed with warehouse raves lately, and that's an integral part of that sound. This is being driven by one of the clock dividers because I'm a total geek for clock signals.

The rest of the drums - Drumkit 010. While this little module is limited as hell, it's got a FANTASTIC basic timbre to it. So the pitch is LFO modulated, the output is filtered, and the whole thing is sent through that GORGEOUS resoverb effect on the Multifx. Control is done with a mix of clock and Triq16 sequencer.

That corny little Theremin part - MS20 filter set to self-oscillate, a hair of LFO modulating it to give it that vibrato, and an S&H signal being fed by the noise module. This is summed into the Multifx with the other drum sounds to give it some space. I opted to not use the quantizer (in hindsight, I have no good reason as to why), so the vibrato is pretty deep in order to kinda make it all in key.

Strings - That gotta-have module for the AE System: The Solina! It's an instant song generator for those of us that are more creative with CV than music theory. It's like half the reason anyone should get into AE systems.

Rythmic Glitches - Wanted to try out that X1L3 Underwurlde module I just got, so I figured since the above patch was already situated, I could just piggyback off of the sequencers and clocks to get this thing moving. I didn't expect the results to be this decent. It's hard to explain what it's doing, but basically, it's supposed to be super destructive, but it somehow worked in this context.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Ooh... Any chance of a breakdown of how you pulled this set off? I'm really digging this.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Ooh... Any chance of a breakdown of how you pulled this set off? I'm really digging this.
hah, your video was the first of the day with my morning cigarette and coffee. nice details. was super curious what the pads were. really nice sounds going on.

as far as my set, anything in particular you are curious about or just the overall setup?
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
as far as my set, anything in particular you are curious about or just the overall setup?
All of the things! How are you sequencing, what's modular and what's not, who is your coke dealer, etc.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
All of the things! How are you sequencing, what's modular and what's not, who is your coke dealer, etc.
ok, special for you, i made my first headless floating hands video

it cuts off in the last 2 minutes but i was just rambling on some more of what the digitakt does that would take up a load of stuff in euro (like probability stuff to keep things rolling but ad variety like the kick tracks and lfos for filter/velocity/pitch on some other stuff to have them move a bit etc...)
as i don't have a script, i'm sure i missed a bunch of stuff so let me know if something in particular needs more details

Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
ok, special for you, i made my first headless floating hands video

it cuts off in the last 2 minutes but i was just rambling on some more of what the digitakt does that would take up a load of stuff in euro (like probability stuff to keep things rolling but ad variety like the kick tracks and lfos for filter/velocity/pitch on some other stuff to have them move a bit etc...)
as i don't have a script, i'm sure i missed a bunch of stuff so let me know if something in particular needs more details
Holy Poop Christ! You're awesome for doing this!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Holy Poop Christ! You're awesome for doing this!
cheers dude. would love to see some of you guys do these kind of videos. doesn't have to be any special production. it's more about workflow or intention/reasoning behind it. you get a lot more than just listening to a patch/performance (cool as that is)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Fantastic videos, both of you.

Really. Enjoyed both a bunch.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years

The stereo signal mix was recorded in one track of LogicX, and a light mastering was applied.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
IEC
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
this erica kick drum pwns! its just one big 909 sweet spot

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
perfect electro kick sound afaic. cool track
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years

This is a kinda modular lofi-hiphop generative jam. Lots of modulation in this one. Playing with the automators from the Nerdseq and also with the new fantastic polywavetable synth from the Disting EX.
IEC
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
perfect electro kick sound afaic. cool track
Thanks, its a pretty damn sweet little kick... only problem is its got me lusting for trying out the other erica drums now !! just when i had nearly finished my case too
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
just when i had nearly finished this case too
fixed it for you
IEC
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
my case = 5 cases
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years

Felt muted piano and modular synthesizer shake hands in this piece. 3 voices from the modular are sequenced using the Nerdseq with semi-random melodies, that are mixed with a muted and dark piano sound in a sound nebula that hides a simple and reflexive melody.
📝 Reply