The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VCV Rack: Virtual Eurorack environment (free download)
Old 8th September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
0.6.2c plugins seem to not download anymore when you press update plugins. Is it the same for others as well?
Are you using Rack v1.x? The 0.6.2 plugins are not compatible with 1.x. Developers would need to update their older plugins for compatibility with 1.x and not everyone did.
Old 8th September 2019 | Show parent
TNC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Are you using Rack v1.x? The 0.6.2 plugins are not compatible with 1.x. Developers would need to update their older plugins for compatibility with 1.x and not everyone did.
No, sorry I meant Rack v0.6.2 doesn't download plugins anymore. I have Rack v1 and v0.6.2 in separate folders. It was working a month ago, I guess support for 0.6.2 is over.
Old 9th September 2019
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Nut
Old 19th October 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Seems like there will be new Befaco modules in the future.
And a bunch of Malekkos and Grayscale Permutation too.

That are the kind of news I like.

Permutation is going to be free, Malekko will cost a few bucks.
Old 14th April 2020
Gear Nut
Old 9th May 2020
Here for the gear
DSP-Accelerator card for VCV-Rack.

Hi GASies,

I'm seriously thinking about starting a Kickstarter or Indiegogo Campaign for a DSP-Accelerator card for VCV-Rack.

Product: PCIe card for stationary PCs, (Mac and Windows). The calculations of VCV-Rack will not block the main CPU any longer, it will take place on the PCIe expansion card.
Power: > 500 GFlop, that is roughly the power of about two 8-core Intel i9 9900 CPUs (32 i9 Cores when I count in hyper threading)
Risk for the backers: None. I successfully conducted prior electronic product launches, and I worked with the same hardware before. Also the hardware is mature, manufactured by a global player. It is normally used in medical devices, I change the software to use it in our industry.

I need your help to decide if I can start the campaign. For some reasons I cannot provide a card with less power and less cost. It is either this one or no deal.

Questions:

a) So if you have a new intel i9 9900 8-core PC, this card might triple the power of it. (Your original CPU remains at 0% for VCV-Rack, and has two times its power added for VCV-Rack). Question: Isn't this too much maybe ? Or would this be the amount of power customers desire ?

b) My own hardware cost are huge. Huge power, huge cost ... The PCIe card for your PC with VCV-Rack pre-installed and a VST for connection would cost about 2.000 € / 2.200 $ incl. VAT. Price might drop if we sell more than 20 pieces. Question: Would there be customers who would pay this price ?

Thank you very much for supporting. If I get sufficient backers and potential customers, we can alltogether bring this power horse to live.

Maybe a third question, how can I reach the few producers who are earning so much money with their art, that investing 2k is a low-brainer ? Not all will be reading this VCV-Rack thread. The thing is, the more customers we get, the cheaper I can offer the product to the community and the more happy musicians will benefit from it.

Thanks a lot,
Pumping Alien

Last edited by PumpingAlien; 9th May 2020 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Made headline bold
Old 7th September 2020
Gear Nut
Haven't posted here a while but this thing is totally worth it
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpingAlien View Post
DSP-Accelerator card for VCV-Rack.

Hi GASies,

I'm seriously thinking about starting a Kickstarter or Indiegogo Campaign for a DSP-Accelerator card for VCV-Rack.

Thanks a lot,
Pumping Alien
Check your inbox
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut
📝 Reply