The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Modular Thread 2017
Old 29th September 2017 | Show parent
  #5521
Lives for gear
 
slaughtrhaus's Avatar
@ Reptil it might not be a horrible idea to close this thread in light of the subforum's existence and all...just thinking out loud here...
1
Share
Old 29th September 2017 | Show parent
  #5522
Lives for gear
 
justjools's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
@ Reptil it might not be a horrible idea to close this thread in light of the subforum's existence and all...just thinking out loud here...
I had a look around outside to see what was going on outside. Although it was easier being able to go to just one room and follow different topics and conversations I see the reason for posting under different subject posts, but there isn't any order to it from what I can see. It's all random posting subjects and a couple even seem the same. It needs some structure: New gear, Newbies, tutorials, general chit chat etc...

And it seems everyone has left the party here :( Oh well time for change I guess!
1
Share
Old 29th September 2017 | Show parent
  #5523
Lives for gear
 
slaughtrhaus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
I had a look around outside to see what was going on outside. Although it was easier being able to go to just one room and follow different topics and conversations I see the reason for posting under different subject posts, but there isn't any order to it from what I can see. It's all random posting subjects and a couple even seem the same. It needs some structure: New gear, Newbies, tutorials, general chit chat etc...

And it seems everyone has left the party here :( Oh well time for change I guess!
I see your point sort of but once the sub opened I just scrolled through what was there and started contributing. As it is still new, ideas for threads will overlap then get merged. Subforum is the structure. Now instead of trying to hopefully remember what month we talked about a thing and sifting through this gargantuan thread it will be easier to use the search function to find relevant topics. But there's plenty of threads popping up like the ones you're asking for, get over there!
2
Share
Old 30th September 2017 | Show parent
  #5524
Moderator
 
Reptil's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
@ Reptil it might not be a horrible idea to close this thread in light of the subforum's existence and all...just thinking out loud here...
yeah, that might not be a bad idea.
Old 30th September 2017 | Show parent
  #5525
Moderator
 
Reptil's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
I had a look around outside to see what was going on outside. Although it was easier being able to go to just one room and follow different topics and conversations I see the reason for posting under different subject posts, but there isn't any order to it from what I can see. It's all random posting subjects and a couple even seem the same. It needs some structure: New gear, Newbies, tutorials, general chit chat etc...

And it seems everyone has left the party here :( Oh well time for change I guess!
here's what and why: tags and a laisser-faire attitude from your moderator
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/modu...8-welcome.html
Old 13th October 2017
  #5526
Lives for gear
 
justjools's Avatar
I was thinking off adding a General chit chat thread for anything else that doesn't fit but then I thought can't we re-use this for that that as it was all inclusive before, for the next couple of months and start a new general chit chat 2018 thread for next year. Plus I miss the old room!
2
Share
Old 13th October 2017 | Show parent
  #5527
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
I was thinking off adding a General chit chat thread for anything else that doesn't fit but then I thought can't we re-use this for that that as it was all inclusive before, for the next couple of months and start a new general chit chat 2018 thread for next year. Plus I miss the old room!
Just start a new thread, man! They don't have to be as broad or as specific as we have been making them.
Closed

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1628 views: 305339
Avatar for into the white
into the white 16th December 2020
replies: 1589 views: 252734
Avatar for slaughtrhaus
slaughtrhaus 26th September 2017
replies: 2277 views: 89242
Avatar for Derp
Derp 12 hours ago
replies: 20 views: 5050
Avatar for butter
butter 2 weeks ago
Topic:
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump