The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Modular Thread 2017 Modular Synthesizers
Old 7th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubase View Post
Read?
Reading is fundamental. Or so I hear on tv and the internet.
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

I cant write with a pen and paper anymore. damaged by long time computer usage.. I can still read paper though!
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
Indeed. I plug first, read later.
but it could get expensive here, quite fast too.

and its not "readily available" in any way, shape or form

I want to do a new abusatron demo with the sea devils. but I have a feeling I have to push it out of its comfort zone kinda. a bit. so it sounds good. because as it is right now its quite tame.

edit: i have 1024 fukking posts!!!!! hahahah
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubase View Post
I thinkI'm going for the Varigate 8+
I don't have one, but there are reportedly sync issues in the current firmware that need to be ironed out. I love Malekko though. A BSP and VoltageBlock could be a powerful combo.

I'm personally using Five12 Numerology 4 Pro, Reaktor 6 Blocks, and Push 2 via QMI and ES3 for sequencing duties.
Old 7th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
but it could get expensive here, quite fast too.

and its not "readily available" in any way, shape or form

I want to do a new abusatron demo with the sea devils. but I have a feeling I have to push it out of its comfort zone kinda. a bit. so it sounds good. because as it is right now its quite tame.

edit: i have 1024 fukking posts!!!!! hahahah
Expensive? Like breaking things? Or like modular? If you mean expensive due to breaking things I have no doubt you are correct that I am taking an expensive risk by not really paying attention, and being quite cavalier about it to boot. It's just in my nature I suppose. Modular fits my attitude so well though- plug audio into what is expecting modulation, mix signals never intended to be mixed, make the most insanely convoluted signal paths and routings never even imagined, just done once and lost in time...

If you mean expensive because it's modular, that's just the reality. My original case (7U 104 HP) was almost $5k...

The new one I just posted earlier tops out around $13k counting the case and cables. I bet Derp has like $40-60k wrapped up in his.

On the writing thing- I had to write a statement for an incident that happened at work today and I still can't use the comps at work because IT hasn't finalized my login etc. so I had to write it on paper. My writing looks like the menu at a restaurant that only serves methamphetamines. Sad because I am old- When I went to school they still taught penmanship. In all fairness I have used a computer probably every day of my life since like 1986...
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Expensive? Like breaking things? Or like modular? If you mean expensive due to breaking things I have no doubt you are correct that I am taking an expensive risk by not really paying attention, and being quite cavalier about it to boot. It's just in my nature I suppose. Modular fits my attitude so well though- plug audio into what is expecting modulation, mix signals never intended to be mixed, make the most insanely convoluted signal paths and routings never even imagined, just done once and lost in time...

If you mean expensive because it's modular, that's just the reality. My original case (7U 104 HP) was almost $5k...

The new one I just posted earlier tops out around $13k counting the case and cables. I bet Derp has like $40-60k wrapped up in his.

On the writing thing- I had to write a statement for an incident that happened at work today and I still can't use the comps at work because IT hasn't finalized my login etc. so I had to write it on paper. My writing looks like the menu at a restaurant that only serves methamphetamines. Sad because I am old- When I went to school they still taught penmanship. In all fairness I have used a computer probably every day of my life since like 1986...
I mean expensive as in me paying and not getting to use **** since I blew it.

i dont care if it cost much money as long as it keeps working. I knew that before I bought it.

I think the filter will be ok though after reADING THIS

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/vi...135&highlight=

I'm fukking drunk now. and this is good ****.

Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
is it even available?
Yes it is.

The best euro rack sequencer.
Had a René, and ER 101.
Both sold.
If you have any questions, let me know. I use it everyday, all day!
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

You guys read about the potential 'Percussa super wavetable osc eurorack modul'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-...ble-oscillator
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-...illator-remote

Bert here from Percussa. I'm considering creating a super wavetable oscillator / sampler eurorack module, and would like to see if anyone's interested in having one.

The module comes with a seperate "controller" module which connects to it via a flatcable (no power necessary for the control module). The main module is called the SWO (super wavetable oscillator) while the "controller" module the SWO-R (super wavetable oscillator remote).

The main SWO module will be based on the quad-core ARM cortex A17 platform I've designed for the Percussa ENGINE synth (see http://www.percussa.com).

This processing platform is one of the fastest ARM platforms available for synthesis. With its 4 cores running at 1.8GHz, it achieves about 28,800 DMIPS of processing power. Common processors in Eurorack modules are the single core Cortex M4 and M7 processors, which at their highest clock frequencies of around 200MHz stay below 500 DMIPS. Less common processors in eurorack modules are the single core Cortex A8 at 1GHz, which offers around 2,000 DMIPS of processing power.

Because of the processing power it offers, this "super oscillator" will actually support running around 64 wavetable oscillators in parallel, and with sample rates up to 192kHz with 32 bit resolution. All processing is done using 32-bit floating point precision with 64-bit precision where necessary.

You will be able to chop up the samples you load to create different wavetables on the fly. The software will support scanning the wavetables in various ways with of course modulation possibilities using the CV jacks. In the mockup you can see that the encoders are mapped to coarse/fine pitch, scanning direction, position, keyboard tracking, position noise, and mod A and B which can be additional oscillator parameters depending on oscillator mode. The pushbuttons can be used to choose wavetables, step through the oscillators, change presets, etc.

The module will come with a 1600x480 pixel IPS display, full colour, and high-end AKM ADC and DAC (stereo in and 6 channel out). The display tells you what the push buttons and encoders of the SWO-R module do. The modules have no printing on the jacks, buttons or rotary encoders because all that info is shown on the screen. The screen is NOT a touchscreen.

In addition to these high resolution/sample rate DAC/ADC chips there will be 16-bit ADCs to sample CV inputs (there are 24 connectors on the front site, 18 of which will be CV or gate inputs, configurable via the software to control pitch of oscillators or the various parameters of the oscillators). The stereo high resolution input can be used for sampling or to modulate parameters of the oscillators.

The SWO-R has high resolution endless and clickless rotary encoders (bourns) and high quality MEC switches (industrial type). The encoders have aluminium knobs on them, clear anodisation.

There will also be support for storing presets, and multiple oscillator modes. This way you can store many different routings between oscillators and input and output jacks and recall them with the press of a button.

The input signals will be routable to the oscillators however you want, and the output signals from the oscillators can be routed to other oscillators internally via software or sent out via the 6 output channels.

The SWO unit is 45 HP wide. It comes with a vertical microSD slot and a 16GB professional microSD card for storing samples. The software will support loading really long wavetables (think minutes long).

The SWO-R unit is 36 HP wide. You can mount the SWO-R above the SWO or below it, to the right or left, or whatever suits your rack setup. You could even have it outside your eurorack setup if you wanted, since it draws its power from the main module (the SWO).

Both modules are 3U in height. The depth of the modules will be around 1 inch.

Software will of course be upgradeable through the microSD card.

Cost wise I'm thinking this set of modules (SWO + SWO-R) will be around $1,500.

Power wise I'm expecting the two modules to draw around 300mA together but this still has to be confirmed when prototypes are built (which is subject to enough interest from the community). This number is based on my experience with the Percussa engine.

Right now this is just a preliminary design, so all comments and questions are welcome!
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

I'm diying a fukking subwoofer now.

look at this ****. wtf is this ****?? (talking the jbl 305 ****)

no spl at all.

so now i'm building this sub that has an xmax of about 20mm one way linear, and about 56 or so one way xmech (max mechanical stroke before damage. )
this is the best **** available on earth today.

I'm guesstimating about 115db clean and about 120 or so distorted, in the bass region. I will be using 2 silver basses in 1 box.
Attached Thumbnails
The Modular Thread 2017-305.jpg   The Modular Thread 2017-box.jpg   The Modular Thread 2017-dsc_0102.jpg  
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Old 8th July 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:

Leonard Cohen... I am sorry for this post Gear's guys are always joking
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow. Thank you. That’s the most moving dance track I’ve heard in at least five years.
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator6 View Post
So here's a good question. Who edits down their jam session recordings?

Lately, I've noticed that I'll get a patch going and jam on it until I like it.. hit record, and play for a while. When I'm done it's 7-12min of stuff that most people couldn't sit through.

Does everyone edit their stuff down to get the good stuff?
Absolutely. My jams never go directly onto a track. I make songs on the cirklon of parts that I am going to be transitioning through and playing with (and good to be able to recall patterns to play live at gigs) then I record a few tracks that I am tweaking patterns and knobs on to individual tracks in logic, do about 4-8 bars, then sample that **** in kontakt and slice it up, replay it on my MIDI roll via individual slices hits/licks, apply automation to all kinds of **** like loop points, speed, reverse, pitch bend, filters, flange delays... get hundreds of different variations in pattern and sound from one 4-8 bar recording. Most people woth modulars dont do this, which is why most people with modulars dont end up with music to show for it I do make acid breaks though so this technique might be more inherent to my style of music.

If you check the modular jamz in my sig, none of that **** is going straight on a track. The beats are generally placeholders for breaks I chop and edit later, just to get some grooves going to record single tracks of my modular jams to work in my samplers later.

When I play live I just make tunes out of all my modular parts in the archives that I use on different tunes and make new **** out of it on my octatrack, cutting breaks over it and modulating playback on the fly like so

https://instagram.com/p/BRjqpO4ArKs/
Old 8th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
I mean expensive as in me paying and not getting to use **** since I blew it.

i dont care if it cost much money as long as it keeps working. I knew that before I bought it.

I think the filter will be ok though after reADING THIS

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/vi...135&highlight=

I'm fukking drunk now. and this is good ****.

THANX for this! Great track!
I hear Cohen too
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lately, I've noticed that I'll get a patch going and jam on it until I like it.. hit record, and play for a while. When I'm done it's 7-12min of stuff that most people couldn't sit through.
Love the understatement. I know this feeling well. There are many ways to work with a modular, of course, but my goal at the moment is to get those 7-12 minutes to the point where (some) people actually could sit through it. I record a lot of jams, but rather than editing them, I take note of the most interesting moments musically and add them to a kind of “mental playlist” I will then go through the next time I'm improvising. It borders on composition, but is still quite loose. To borrow a term from modern dance, I think of it as “structured improvisation”.
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
Yes it is.

Had a René, and ER 101.
Both sold.
Part of me wants to get one, it's an Elektron sequencer in Euro format. On the other hand, I have an A4 that I bought for sequencing and I never use it, preferring the Metro and various random sources and switches. I'll have to put some effort into trying the A4 again and see if that style works for me.
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
So here's a good question. Who edits down their jam session recordings?

Does everyone edit their stuff down to get the good stuff?
IMHO, I view the Modular as a true instrument, on that you learn to play, just like a cello or saxophone, etc. if I want to put together a finely tuned song, I'll go back to Ableton and my MIDI gear. My goal is playing live, so doing a compelling 30 minute jam with no editing is what I'm pravtibg towards.
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Can you gurus give me some advice. I've decided to get the Octocontroller, push out the Theta, and get an new 126hp row and I want to reorganise this. The first row represents essential modules I use, (Octo in future). Here oscillators (Triatt I use for mixing Omikron), key modulation generators in the centre, n filters at the end. The second has key Pittsburgh osc's and other mostly primary modules I use e.g. uVCA, Ultrafold n Dual ADSR, I have still yet to use VCADSR and QVCA/VCMIX but want to get these involved. The third row is stuff I mostly don't use or haven't figured out how to use yet; an overflow row. I realise I could also have modulation over two rows with Octo 1st and Maths second row for instance. Does this make sense to you? Are there any modules I might consider replacing with more capable ones and does the Octocontroller make modules like Pamela's, Grids and Penrose redundant?. It seems a little modulation heavy now or not? I should add I don't do drums in Euro.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/rack...rid_421527.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The Modular Thread 2017-modulargrid_421527.jpg  
Old 8th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
Part of me wants to get one, it's an Elektron sequencer in Euro format. On the other hand, I have an A4 that I bought for sequencing and I never use it, preferring the Metro and various random sources and switches. I'll have to put some effort into trying the A4 again and see if that style works for me.
This is exactly what made me decide against the Eloquencer in the end. I have the Octatrack, Virus Snow, and Slim Phatty if I ever want to make music this way, and I can use the Octatrack to do everything I want in Euro with the Vermona qmi2 module. The fact is I wasn't (doing anything, really). I'm bored with hooking other stuff up to the modular, and seriously considering selling everything else off to fund the base case. Kind of for the same reasons you stated above...historically I have viewed my modular as a complete instrument unto itself. When i approached it this way i recorded lots of stuff and loved using my modular. That's why i reversed course on the Eloquencer in spite of wishing/begging for this very thing for YEARS. It's just more fun to improv and not worry about trying to do specific things with the mindset of saving and repeating, at least when it comes to the modular. I could see having one sequencer like the Metro that saves say a bassline or something, but then using the other stuff to make something new around that specific part each time, that could be one approach I might try someday when I get the base case...

Going to pick up my Z8000 tomorrow hopefully.
Old 8th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
Can you gurus give me some advice. I've decided to get the Octocontroller, push out the Theta, and get an new 126hp row and I want to reorganise this. The first row represents essential modules I use, (Octo in future). Here oscillators (Triatt I use for mixing Omikron), key modulation generators in the centre, n filters at the end. The second has key Pittsburgh osc's and other mostly primary modules I use e.g. uVCA, Ultrafold n Dual ADSR, I have still yet to use VCADSR and QVCA/VCMIX but want to get these involved. The third row is stuff I mostly don't use or haven't figured out how to use yet; an overflow row. I realise I could also have modulation over two rows with Octo 1st and Maths second row for instance. Does this make sense to you? Would you do it differently and are there any modules I might consider replacing with more capable ones. It seems a little modulation heavy now or not?

My advice would be to watch videos like this one, and basically every video by this guy. He really goes out of his way to explain things in detail. Watching this guy and DivKid have educated me almost as much as this thread. Even when the videos aren't about specific modules i own i get great ideas learning how other modules work and how others are using them. Often I notice other modules I haven't seen before being used in demo patches and end up looking those up and watching vids about them. Endless learning. Plus i love this guy's cheeky attitude, he got jokes.

And as far as case arrangement, that's very personal and needs to be intuitive for your workflow. How do you like to work? Left to right (signal path), top to bottom, vice versa? I have my rows arranged like this-

modulation, drum voices, and effects on the top row
synth voices and filters in the middle row
sequencers, utilities, mixing and outputs on the bottom row.

It works for me, but everyone is different in this regard. And there's ergonomics to consider. Do you have enough long cables if you put something with a bunch of outputs on one end (I actually need more short cables right now)? Are there cables hanging in the way of the bottom row? Is it hard to reach the top row, or do your arms get worn out just wiggling for a few mins? Might need to change the case around for less reaching too.
I digress (cannabis+caffeine), but the point is there's a lot that goes into case arrangement IMO.

Good luck with your Octocontroller, it is so good.
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
My advice would be to watch videos like this one, and basically every video by this guy. He really goes out of his way to explain things in detail. Watching this guy and DivKid have educated me almost as much as this thread. Even when the videos aren't about specific modules i own i get great ideas learning how other modules work and how others are using them. Often I notice other modules I haven't seen before being used in demo patches and end up looking those up and watching vids about them. Endless learning. Plus i love this guy's cheeky attitude, he got jokes.

And as far as case arrangement, that's very personal and needs to be intuitive for your workflow. How do you like to work? Left to right (signal path), top to bottom, vice versa? I have my rows arranged like this-

modulation, drum voices, and effects on the top row
synth voices and filters in the middle row
sequencers, utilities, mixing and outputs on the bottom row.

It works for me, but everyone is different in this regard. And there's ergonomics to consider. Do you have enough long cables if you put something with a bunch of outputs on one end (I actually need more short cables right now)? Are there cables hanging in the way of the bottom row? Is it hard to reach the top row, or do your arms get worn out just wiggling for a few mins? Might need to change the case around for less reaching too.
I digress (cannabis+caffeine), but the point is there's a lot that goes into case arrangement IMO.

Good luck with your Octocontroller, it is so good.
I was watching that video just yesterday and his Cymru Beats set. Very good. I was surprised he had a beard, as I imagined him clean shaven being very well spoken (a disguise I think). Watching the way he uses Grids with Braids has made me think I do have a use for it rather than using for drums which I didn't find very useful.

I was also looking at the one you posted yesterday and like the way you have your modulation at the top, and some similarities as I have some of the common modules you've got. It looks very nicely laid out and similar to the approach I have. I find I want some little mixers/vca's right next to my oscillators, modulation very close to the osc's then filters and main mixer/vca to mix different osc voices not being too far away somewhere towards the end. That's a logistical nightmare as it can't all be in the same place but yes I do tend to follow signal path as that's how I patch.

I was also interested though if the Octocontroller makes some of the modules like Pam's (have yet to understand), qauntizers, sequencers like Grids a bit redundant if you don't need too many.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/450431
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
Can you gurus give me some advice. I've decided to get the Octocontroller, push out the Theta, and get an new 126hp row and I want to reorganise this. The first row represents essential modules I use, (Octo in future). Here oscillators (Triatt I use for mixing Omikron), key modulation generators in the centre, n filters at the end. The second has key Pittsburgh osc's and other mostly primary modules I use e.g. uVCA, Ultrafold n Dual ADSR, I have still yet to use VCADSR and QVCA/VCMIX but want to get these involved. The third row is stuff I mostly don't use or haven't figured out how to use yet; an overflow row. I realise I could also have modulation over two rows with Octo 1st and Maths second row for instance. Does this make sense to you? Are there any modules I might consider replacing with more capable ones and does the Octocontroller make modules like Pamela's, Grids and Penrose redundant?. It seems a little modulation heavy now or not? I should add I don't do drums in Euro.

I primarily use the Octo as a sync'd modulation source, I'll use almost all the outputs in a complex patch. I also have Grids and Pamela's (which still just doesn't seem to work quite right) in my performance rack and they all have a place. Also, there's no crossover between an Octo and the Penrose.

As for Grids, it was mainly a novelty until I got the Ladik M-216. That combo, going into the Analog Rytm, is now one of my favorite things in my rack. I'll program in the kick, snare and open hats on the AR, then have Grids do closed hats with a Pico Logic to stay off the open ticks, and any additional fill percussion sounds. Just love the way it that combo works.
Old 8th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Going to pick up my Z8000 tomorrow hopefully.
Please share your experiences with the Z8000...
That's the sequencer I am interested in. Unfortunately, it is out for a long, long time but not that much vids on the internet as the most of the other eurorack sequencers.
BTW I have the AK and the Octatrack. Considering to sell the AK (Omfg dead cold hands this machine was...), and finance a nice case and or modules with that money. Never tried the Octatrack with the modular, except the sampling part. It seems sequencing the modular with the AK is more hands on than with the Octatrack. Anyone? Before I buy me a Yarns.....
I keep the Octatrack for shure, the AK will stay if the Octatrack is lacking the features of the AK.
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
IMHO, I view the Modular as a true instrument, on that you learn to play, just like a cello or saxophone, etc. if I want to put together a finely tuned song, I'll go back to Ableton and my MIDI gear. My goal is playing live, so doing a compelling 30 minute jam with no editing is what I'm pravtibg towards.
Dont get me wrong, I definitely view the modular as such as well, but if I were recording a full band I wouldn't record the album take all in one with one mic. I have spent thousands of hours playing modular and always record my tracks in the context of the song with lots of performed modulations and tons of rhythmic envelopes/LFO resets/dynamically battling parts. I just never record 5 minutes of one take of that and put it straight on a studio release. When I play live I will have 416hp doing all kinds of stuff live throughout the set. But recording from a modular then resampling that is drastically different than using ableton and MIDI gear, I think. Its impossible to get all kinds of logically triggered modulation and mix paths like you can get with modular, with modulations all cross modulating eachother by other LFO/envelope amounts, sequentially switching between FM sources per hit and all that kind of modular goodness. Its also impossible to reverse, pitchbend, speed change hits (digitally shifting a performance - totally different sound) and stutter 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32 bits of polyphonic phrases all together live on a modular, you need to do that kind of stuff on a computer. I guess it depends on your standards for "sounding good" though. I keep a bunch of quick and dirty one day all live tunes around, but if I were working on a label release, this isn't the way I'd do it.

Suffice to say - it is definitely possible to make 30 minutes of great, sit-through-able music live on a modular with no editing. But to make a drastically transitional song that goes through very abrupt changes and that has more things going on than I have hands to control, I (and plenty of much more successful and talented musicians) definitely go and resample and polish bits for studio tracks.
Old 8th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT75 View Post
Please share your experiences with the Z8000...
That's the sequencer I am interested in. Unfortunately, it is out for a long, long time but not that much vids on the internet as the most of the other eurorack sequencers.
BTW I have the AK and the Octatrack. Considering to sell the AK (Omfg dead cold hands this machine was...), and finance a nice case and or modules with that money. Never tried the Octatrack with the modular, except the sampling part. It seems sequencing the modular with the AK is more hands on than with the Octatrack. Anyone? Before I buy me a Yarns.....
I keep the Octatrack for shure, the AK will stay if the Octatrack is lacking the features of the AK.
So to use the Octatrack with your modular you'll need a midi-cv interface of some sort. Then you can use any of the goodies on the OT midi sequencer (way more than AK's cv sequencer btw) in your modular provided the interface give you the connectivity. I use the Vermona QMI2 because it is very simple to use and fully featured at the same time, and lots of outputs for all those Octatrack LFO's. My AK was also a "cold dead hands" item for the first year of owning it, but the honeymoon phase went straight to divorce, just wasn't my thing so I get it man. Yarns seemed a bit fiddly for my taste but lots of people use it...I heard the midi thru is bupkus tho...
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
So to use the Octatrack with your modular you'll need a midi-cv interface of some sort. Then you can use any of the goodies on the OT midi sequencer (way more than AK's cv sequencer btw) in your modular provided the interface give you the connectivity. I use the Vermona QMI2 because it is very simple to use and fully featured at the same time, and lots of outputs for all those Octatrack LFO's. My AK was also a "cold dead hands" item for the first year of owning it, but the honeymoon phase went straight to divorce, just wasn't my thing so I get it man. Yarns seemed a bit fiddly for my taste but lots of people use it...I heard the midi thru is bupkus tho...

Yarns is alright. I like hexinverter's midi2cv a bit more, and its a good bit cheaper. $50 if you can DIY octatrack has a good sequencer but I think having CV/triggered functions is a big deal for sequencing modular. Being able to tie in your triggers and envelopes to control the sequence is huge. I guess thats why the Z8000 is not very exciting to me. Having a few channels of looping 4 & 16 step sequences with no real external control is a bit of a yawn. Voltage block is quite cool outside the external control menu, as it offers some really unique features. Rene is great inside the external control euro menu. Serge sequencers with some VCAs for controling step sizes and some logic for controling direction and long held steps are my favorite, and a full panel ofthose with switches and logic can be built for around $400 and a couple days of work. I generally dont like sequencers without indicidual step gate outs and some sort of control over the pattern externally. Octatrack is more useful than a lot of those "basic" euro sequencers, I think. But yeah, anything that can switch patterns in the digital brain and direction via trigs is probably getting the most out of euro.
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Scotgard Scotgard - Live @ Happy Knobbing

Our Scotgard & Scotgard Live Performance @ this year's Happy Knobbing :

Old 9th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
Yes it is.

Had a René, and ER 101.
Both sold.
How do you think it compares to the Audio Damage sequencer 1?
Old 9th July 2017
Lives for gear

I haven't bought any modules or even really used my modular in the last two months as I've been preparing for a gig with a band, but I got a Koma Kommander today and it's pretty rad. Not much discussion of this thing anywhere so here's a short clip: https://instagram.com/p/BWTJ8NJnwru/

Patch is basically the Kommander to rate/reset on the Batumi, and freeze/wet on Clouds. Batumi is doing the heavy lifting, triggering three drum sounds on two Peaks by way of Branches, as well as Maths and the Bastl Cinnamon. Not necessarily that musical here (unless you're into late period Autechre), bu this thing is a lot of fun, and I'm already thinking about getting a second one for the CV inputs of my Squarp Pyramid.
Old 9th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Even when the videos aren't about specific modules i own i get great ideas learning how other modules work and how others are using them. Often I notice other modules I haven't seen before being used in demo patches and end up looking those up and watching vids about them. Endless learning. Plus i love this guy's cheeky attitude, he got jokes.
I love that guy! He's like a character from a movie Johnny Depp would play!

I learn a lot from him, too, even though we hardly have any of the same modules. I apply his ideas to my Doepfer modules. I'm often surprised how I'm able to achieve many of the same things (albeit with a bit more patching--this is the downside of the Doepfer modular approach which is generally one primary function per module).
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search