The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Modular Thread 2017 Modular Synthesizers
Old 24th June 2017
Lives for gear

Auto multisampling. I added a post about this earlier but the only response was to use Ableton sampler, which is manual. I found this piece of software Soundlib Samplit.

It is easy to use and does the job perfectly. Once you have set up the note range across octaves and the instrument type: virtual, external midi synth, or live. It fires out midi triggers for each note and records them automatically. You then have the option to save in common formats such as Kontakt. It is really easy to use and I see this as being perfect for setting up my own modular libraries. I just don't want to have to pay $139, I guess I'll just have to suck it up unless any of you guys know any other options for PC?

https://www.soundlib.com/samplit/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDzapSPvnf4&t=16s

There is also Redmatica Keymap for Logic and Samplerobot which is more expensive and more difficult to use, as posted on a forum. And Halion 6 has an option but expensive.

Update: I just found Extreme Sample Converter and looks as good as Samplit.

@7:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oit3pPtwn4
Old 24th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Happy birthday to me off the wife

Well, happy birthday to you then
Lucky man!
.....The Quadra seems to be a 'classic', but with expander a bit pricier than the Contour. Yeah, the Contour is very welcome
I can imagine this module needs carefull 'rackplanning'
because of the positioning of the in- and outputs.
Old 24th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT75 View Post
Well, happy birthday to you then
Lucky man!
.....The Quadra seems to be a 'classic', but with expander a bit pricier than the Contour. Yeah, the Contour is very welcome
I can imagine this module needs carefull 'rackplanning'
because of the positioning of the in- and outputs.
I haven't rack it yet as I'm off to spend the day in the pub
Old 24th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
I haven't rack it yet as I'm off to spend the day in the pub
Old 24th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
Update: I just found Extreme Sample Converter and looks as good as soundlib.

Why are you posting links to a serial number key generator site? Did you not pay for it? Jeez it's only $40
Old 24th June 2017
Lives for gear

This really shows how much Modular has grown up. Look at the marketing on this. Giulia Bondar is a model, a person that works for the company and does PR.

Translated from Japanese: The high-sense designs of the panel and the Web were handwritten by Mr. Moritz, and a woman like a model featuring Web and catalog was one of developers named Giulia Bondar.

Endorphin.es | Life is a trip
http://icon.jp/archives/11724
Old 24th June 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
I get the same with the Aperture. No one listens to me . If I had the space, the VCF-74 would be my next filter. It's just damn expensive but I could go the Juno route.
Btw. Have you tried pinging the filter? Any good results? I didn't while I had it, beats me why
Old 24th June 2017
Lives for gear

Nice rack. Removed pic as not to be offensive. Though I honestly don't think it was that bad but still don't want to offend.
Old 24th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkbanana View Post
last thing I got mastered came out last month.
vinyl is in the works!

been working on other things, a 'not full modular' hasn't been slowing me down.
Wow that's amazing!
Old 24th June 2017
Lives for gear

We are being observed by the super feline modular beings
Attached Thumbnails
The Modular Thread 2017-cat-modular.jpg  
Old 25th June 2017
Quote:
This really shows how much Modular has grown up. Look at the marketing on this. Giulia Bondar is a model, a person that works for the company and does PR.
It should be about the music and respecting both genders right? Not using glamour shots to promote modules.
Old 25th June 2017
Quote:
nice rack...
Again, please don't drag the modular thread into the frat house.
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
It should be about the music and respecting both genders right? Not using glamour shots to promote modules.
I like the fact that is a developer from the company though not just a model. So, no I don't think it is like that.
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Auto multisampling. I added a post about this earlier but the only response was to use Ableton sampler, which is manual. I found this piece of software Soundlib Samplit.

It is easy to use and does the job perfectly. Once you have set up the note range across octaves and the instrument type: virtual, external midi synth, or live. It fires out midi triggers for each note and records them automatically. You then have the option to save in common formats such as Kontakt. It is really easy to use and I see this as being perfect for setting up my own modular libraries. I just don't want to have to pay $139, I guess I'll just have to suck it up unless any of you guys know any other options for PC?

https://www.soundlib.com/samplit/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDzapSPvnf4&t=16s

There is also Redmatica Keymap for Logic and Samplerobot which is more expensive and more difficult to use, as posted on a forum. And Halion 6 has an option but expensive.

Update: I just found Extreme Sample Converter and looks as good as Samplit.

A little update on this. I've tried sampling my modular with Samplit 1.3 and it works very well. Takes about 12-15 minutes to sample 4 octaves, looping takes a bit longer but very good at what it does. Samplit 1.3 and Extreme Sample Converter do 16 and 24bit sampling.

I just did a track using the Kontakt library I sampled from modular and this is just such a perfect way of working for me. The missing link. This is the way of working I've been looking for: the sound of modular with the flexibility and ease of working in a DAW. And for any more elaborate modulation stuff I can do long samples to add.
Attached Thumbnails
The Modular Thread 2017-grab.jpg  
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
This really shows how much Modular has grown up...
...and how much modular enthusiasts haven't!
Old 25th June 2017
Quote:
I like the fact that is a developer from the company though not just a model. So, no I don't think it is like that.
Not to drag this out, but the 'model' aspect is 100% irrelevant.
The glamour shots you linked to are bizarre, except as base marketing.
There are great women in modular, more power to them.
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
...and how much modular enthusiasts haven't!
Lol, I spit coffee over the couch. Don't drink and laugh at the same time.

Last edited by TMT75; 25th June 2017 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Terrible English
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
A little update on this. I've tried sampling my modular with Samplit 1.3 and it works very well. Takes about 12-15 minutes to sample 4 octaves but looping takes considerably longer but very good at what it does. Samplit 1.3 seems to be limited to 16 bit whereas Extreme Sample Converter does 24bit but I doubt this makes much difference when listening in a mix. I shall do a little test to compare.
I am looking for a 2nd hand hardwaresampler (cheap ) so I can sample more than 1 octave for polyphony sounds from my modular. Haven't figured out yet which ones do this job well......
I have a Octatrack - Damn I love it - but that is another kind of sampler.
Sampling 'itb' distracts me.....
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
I propose that 1 Derp = 12U at 84hp, so maisonvague has 2 Derps of modular.
After resisting going bigger for 2 Years, I have finally succumbed and ordered a custom 12u 84 hp case from Lamond design.

I will finally be at One Derp modular capacity!

I also broke my 2nd and 3rd self imposed rules this past month.

No effects in Eurorack : Bought the Doepfer a189 bit crusher

No drums in Eurorack : got the absolute killer Noise engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter

I also just sold off $1000 of desktop synths that I wasn't using at all... And am going to... Buy modules! Lol.
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am looking for a 2nd hand hardwaresampler (cheap ) so I can sample more than 1 octave for polyphony sounds from my modular. Haven't figured out yet which ones do this job well......
I have a Octatrack - Damn I love it - but that is another kind of sampler.
Sampling 'itb' distracts me.....
Korg Microsampler. Surprisingly good.
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Korg Microsampler. Surprisingly good.
......So anyone who wants to sell his Korg Microsampler to me
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Not to drag this out, but the 'model' aspect is 100% irrelevant.
The glamour shots you linked to are bizarre, except as base marketing.
There are great women in modular, more power to them.
I thought more creative than bizarre. Bizarre is a different ballpark to me. I found it really quite surprising how far Endorphines have taken their marketing, and nothing to do with gender really. Should they have a male pilot in there as well to make it more balanced and a muscular builder guy? I think it's not about gender.
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
I thought more creative than bizarre. Bizarre is a different ballpark to me. I found it really quite surprising how far Endorphines have taken their marketing, and nothing to do with gender really. Should they have a male pilot in there as well to make it more balanced and a muscular builder guy? I think it's not about gender.
I agree. Just like it or not. No need to call this bizarre.
I - male , age 42- am not offended when Olivier Gillet markets the new MI module in his swimming short.....or Dieter Doepfer in his dust-coat holding a soldering iron in his hands....
No one should....
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
......So anyone who wants to sell his Korg Microsampler to me
There's always a few used about and easy to pick up. One on eBay at the mo.
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
There's always a few used about and easy to pick up. One on eBay at the mo.
Wowsers...2 years ago I was on the fence buying the Microsampler. I forgot about it cause I bought the Octatrack.......but, what happened with the price of that nice little piece of gear? That is not ok.
But now I am aware of the Microsampler again I really want it.
Have to dig into the 2hand sampler market....
Old 26th June 2017
Lives for gear

Multi LFO? It's taken me awhile to decide between Batumi, Fourmulator and Octocontroller. For functionality alone the Octocontroller wins but it looks more complex and therefore is it less intuitive? The SOS review says 'the ADE-32 is fast and logical in use, with only a couple of non-obvious button combinations to memorise' so despite it's quite ugly looking fuse box/thermostat control look I'm tempted to try it. But sometimes simple is all you need and is better - just dial in the LFO you want without thinking. Do I need all this extra functionality of the Octocontroller? Wish I could compare them. I will be selling my Theta and Tides for this as replacement.

I'm impressed with this review.
http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/...octocontroller
Old 26th June 2017
Quote:
Multi LFO? It's taken me awhile to decide between Batumi, Fourmulator and Octocontroller. For functionality alone the Octocontroller wins but it looks more complex and therefore is it less intuitive? The SOS review says 'the ADE-32 is fast and logical in use, with only a couple of non-obvious button combinations to memorise' so despite it's quite ugly looking fuse box/thermostat control look I'm tempted to try it. But sometimes simple is all you need and is better - just dial in the LFO you want without thinking. Do I need all this extra functionality of the Octocontroller? Wish I could compare them. I will be selling my Theta and Tides for this as replacement.

Abstract Data ADE-32 Octocontroller |
There's nothing extra in the octo. Just get it you won't regret it. Dead simple to use and a Swiss Army knife of functions. One of a few I'm positive I'll never sell unless I quit modular.
Old 26th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Abstract Data ADE-32 Octocontroller |
I have both the Batumi and Octocontroller and they both have their places. I'll use the Batumi for free form and the Octocontroller for sync'd stuff. Of the two when doing similar functions, the Octocontroller is actually the easier to dial in believe it or not. Octocontroller is set and forget, Batumi is more geared for performance if you were to use an LFO that way.

BTW, why sell Tides? It's nice VCO also.
Old 26th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I agree. Just like it or not. No need to call this bizarre.
I - male , age 42- am not offended when Olivier Gillet markets the new MI module in his swimming short.....or Dieter Doepfer in his dust-coat holding a soldering iron in his hands....
No one should....
Lol I'd like to see that. I think Dieter in waders with a nice pole in his hands
Old 26th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
I have both the Batumi and Octocontroller and they both have their places. I'll use the Batumi for free form and the Octocontroller for sync'd stuff. Of the two when doing similar functions, the Octocontroller is actually the easier to dial in believe it or not. Octocontroller is set and forget, Batumi is more geared for performance if you were to use an LFO that way.

BTW, why sell Tides? It's nice VCO also.
I really am interested in the Octocontroller now. Thanks.

I have just tried Tides as a VCO on you mentioning n very nice Was going to try Sheep as well but have yet to get around to it.

Does Ornaments n Crimes also do multi modulation: LFO, envelopes + more. Or is it a just a different thing?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search