The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Modular Thread 2017 Modular Synthesizers
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3931
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Sex...

Back to wiggling some knobs now...
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3932
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuk View Post
I released an album as 'Gorgonsola Flyplass' today, it's called 'Karotek', and is quite ambient-ish, I'd say. An introspective quiet thing. It's all made on the eurorack. Can be streamed and/or downloaded from the links below.

MMx116 Gorgonsola Flyplass - Kartotek - MarsMelons
https://molthe.bandcamp.com/album/kartotek
http://soundcloud.com/user-718396774...nsola-flyplass

--

All comments, negative and positive, much appreciated!
I likes it.
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3933
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
So... how about that Perfect Circuit? I ordered that Charcot Circles from them well over a week ago. Still no module, and no indication from them that they've shipped it. And they're not responding to emails. :-|
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So... how about that Perfect Circuit? I ordered that Charcot Circles from them well over a week ago. Still no module, and no indication from them that they've shipped it. And they're not responding to emails. :-|
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3935
Lives for gear
 
Hokut's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So... how about that Perfect Circuit? I ordered that Charcot Circles from them well over a week ago. Still no module, and no indication from them that they've shipped it. And they're not responding to emails. :-|
On the 29th of May I ordered a few things from Perfect Circuit Audio, they had some decent discounts on some items which made those items cheaper to buy from them in US (including import duty and UK VAT) then buying them in UK and/or simply not available in UK. Two of them were shown as not in stock (pre- order)

Whatever was in stock I did receive the parcel yesterday 1 June in UK. FedEx.

The 2 items on pre-order still no news. They still show to be as Pre-Order/Notify-Me.

I did email them on the 29th night... to enquire about some customer account related stuff and they did reply the following morning.
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3936
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokut View Post
On the 29th of May I ordered a few things from Perfect Circuit Audio, they had some decent discounts on some items which made those items cheaper to buy from them in US (including import duty and UK VAT) then buying them in UK and/or simply not available in UK. Two of them were shown as not in stock (pre- order)

Whatever was in stock I did receive the parcel yesterday 1 June in UK. FedEx.

The 2 items on pre-order still no news. They still show to be as Pre-Order/Notify-Me.

I did email them on the 29th night... to enquire about some customer account related stuff and they did reply the following morning.
I think they just don't like their American customers anymore. I've heard similar stories from Fiddlestickz.
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3937
Lives for gear
 
Hokut's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I think they just don't like their American customers anymore. I've heard similar stories from Fiddlestickz.
that would be really wrong
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3938
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So... how about that Perfect Circuit? I ordered that Charcot Circles from them well over a week ago. Still no module, and no indication from them that they've shipped it. And they're not responding to emails. :-|
Lately I've been buying from them on eBay and have noticed that their shipping and response times have been much better than when buying from them direct.

I used to have the best luck in contacting them using the chat function on their site, but it seems like they've done away with that. Still, I do find them to be pretty quick in replying to emails I send.

Also, don't forget that there was a holiday in there as well, so if you bought last Friday they likely weren't going to ship until Tuesday of this week...still not an excuse for not replying or providing tracking, but just something to keep in mind.
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3939
Lives for gear
 
mekanik's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDayho View Post
I thought steffcorp had been closed for a few years now, cuz dude had a kid or something.
I have no idea, but on the site they have a several 2600 modules. Nothing in stock it seems.
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3940
Lives for gear
 
lineofcontrol's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I think they just don't like their American customers anymore. I've heard similar stories from Fiddlestickz.
bLAME tRUMP!
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3941
Gear Maniac
 
BigSteak's Avatar
 

I got banned from buying from the perfect circuit ebay page because I gave them negative feedback for never providing a tracking number (until after it was delivered). When you live in a place where things can get stolen, you absolutely need the tracking number asap. It took them a while to get back to me before I left negative feedback, but after I did, they emailed me multiple times a day and called me to change the feedback. Well finally I broke and left neutral feedback, which is apparently just as bad. So yeah they banned me. They have good deals but it always takes at least a week for me on the east coast to get my package.
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3942
Lives for gear
 
subdo's Avatar
Funny I'm having the opposite issue with my last order. I just bought a 4ms QCD from sweetwater and they've sent me four emails - two from my Personal Sales Representative. He also left me two voicemail messages and I'll probably get another once I get the delivery to "make sure I was satisfied". It's been a while since I ordered anything from sweetwater. I forgot how chatty they are. It's easy enough to ignore but def funny when coming from small modular dealers.
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3943
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Lately I've been buying from them on eBay and have noticed that their shipping and response times have been much better than when buying from them direct.

I used to have the best luck in contacting them using the chat function on their site, but it seems like they've done away with that. Still, I do find them to be pretty quick in replying to emails I send.

Also, don't forget that there was a holiday in there as well, so if you bought last Friday they likely weren't going to ship until Tuesday of this week...still not an excuse for not replying or providing tracking, but just something to keep in mind.
Buying from them via eBay is what I usually do because they're being held accountable and I earn eBay bucks buying through eBay (in fact, I think we had this discussion earlier in the thread), but they were having a sale on their site that wasn't on eBay. Stupid me, right?

Chat was always 50/50. I guess they finally stopped caring about answering it at all, so they got rid of it. This was ordered on Wednesday of last week, so I should have heard something before now, I would think.

But yeah, they finally replied to my email. Looks like they were out of stock, so they have to wait for the next shipment to come in in a couple weeks. Would have been nice to at least drop me an email letting me know, right?
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I likes it.
Thanks, derp!
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3945
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteak View Post
I got banned from buying from the perfect circuit ebay page because I gave them negative feedback for never providing a tracking number (until after it was delivered). When you live in a place where things can get stolen, you absolutely need the tracking number asap. It took them a while to get back to me before I left negative feedback, but after I did, they emailed me multiple times a day and called me to change the feedback. Well finally I broke and left neutral feedback, which is apparently just as bad. So yeah they banned me. They have good deals but it always takes at least a week for me on the east coast to get my package.
Is this Chuck by chance? I've got a buddy that hates Perfect Circuit, has an HR16B, and has a cat that looks identical to the one in your avatar.
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3946
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuk View Post
Thanks, derp!
No problem. Just boughts it. Me really likey.
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3947
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteak View Post
I got banned from buying from the perfect circuit ebay page because I gave them negative feedback for never providing a tracking number (until after it was delivered). When you live in a place where things can get stolen, you absolutely need the tracking number asap. It took them a while to get back to me before I left negative feedback, but after I did, they emailed me multiple times a day and called me to change the feedback. Well finally I broke and left neutral feedback, which is apparently just as bad. So yeah they banned me. They have good deals but it always takes at least a week for me on the east coast to get my package.
Thanks for the heads up. I won't do business with someone who behaves like that, and banning a customer for leaving honest and neutral feedback is a dishonest b--ch move.
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuk View Post
I released an album as 'Gorgonsola Flyplass' today, it's called 'Karotek', and is quite ambient-ish, I'd say. An introspective quiet thing. It's all made on the eurorack. Can be streamed and/or downloaded from the links below.

MMx116 Gorgonsola Flyplass - Kartotek - MarsMelons
https://molthe.bandcamp.com/album/kartotek
http://soundcloud.com/user-718396774...nsola-flyplass

--

All comments, negative and positive, much appreciated!
Super enjoyable as always.

And that last tune is just siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3949
Lives for gear
 
ImNotDedyet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So... how about that Perfect Circuit? I ordered that Charcot Circles from them well over a week ago. Still no module, and no indication from them that they've shipped it. And they're not responding to emails. :-|
They're doing you a favor man. Since you're not buying anything for two weeks, they're trying to space out the time when you can play with one module without freaking out from not having bought anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I think they just don't like their American customers anymore. I've heard similar stories from Fiddlestickz.
I thought this same thing when I saw that other post. Fiddle's gotten things before me when ordering later or on the same day as me. I'm not sure if international choosing a shipping method might cause this? I usually take free shipping from PC. Not sure if that has anything to do with it either.

As I said on my last order from them - multiple items that said were in stock turned out not to be in addition to waiting about a week for the shipment to go out. But, I got some very nice service in the form of PMs over at muffs regarding which version of Just Friends I got - the fixed or old version. I wouldn't use them if I absolutely needed a module ASAP, but if you're in no rush, it's hard to beat their pricing in the US. (they send you a discount coupon with each order)
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3950
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotDedyet View Post
(they send you a discount coupon with each order)
I've heard this before, but I have yet to receive a coupon from them outside of their usual sales.
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3951
Lives for gear
 
void23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I've heard this before, but I have yet to receive a coupon from them outside of their usual sales.
I'm done with them. I usually go with Control (no sales tax in CA) or Analogue Haven, which always seems to have whatever everyone else is out of stock of.

Also, a quick note on Freez. It's a one hit wonder (expected that). It takes a lot more patching, but when done, I've got a bit more control over slicing than Kammerl on Clouds. Sample rate effects the pitch of the buffer which is both good and bad. I've been playing with some scratch type stuff changing the sample rate, but can't just get it right yet. If anything, it's a cheap and small bit crusher.

On a side note, my ER-301 shipped today and should be here by next Thursday. So looking forward to getting my hands on it. Being able to bring all my old Emax samples into the modular world has been my goal from the beginning.
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3952
Lives for gear
 
ImNotDedyet's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I've heard this before, but I have yet to receive a coupon from them outside of their usual sales.
Really? Every time I've ordered from them, I've gotten an email from them with a 10% off discount. Check your spam?
1
Share
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
No problem. Just boughts it. Me really likey.
Awesome! You're too kind. Thanks, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
Super enjoyable as always.

And that last tune is just siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
Thanks a lot! That last tune is dreeeennnched in Erbe Verb, which I stupidly sold to fund a Z-DSP only a couple of weeks back. Z-DSP sounds better in some respects, but I have to say I already really miss the Erbe. :(
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3954
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So... how about that Perfect Circuit? I ordered that Charcot Circles from them well over a week ago. Still no module, and no indication from them that they've shipped it. And they're not responding to emails. :-|
Weird.. my 20ish-year-old MIDI interface died.. and PC had the one I wanted, so I ordered it on Monday - it shipped on Tuesday. Threw in a Pico DSP since I was ordering anyway.
Old 2nd June 2017
  #3955
Lives for gear
 
BenDayho's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
I have no idea, but on the site they have a several 2600 modules. Nothing in stock it seems.
Yea they've been out of stock for like 2 years now. I got excited when I found out about them only to read that they were closing the shop for a while.
Old 3rd June 2017
  #3956
Lives for gear
 
Hokut's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
I'm done with them. I usually go with Control (no sales tax in CA) or Analogue Haven, which always seems to have whatever everyone else is out of stock of.

Also, a quick note on Freez. It's a one hit wonder (expected that). It takes a lot more patching, but when done, I've got a bit more control over slicing than Kammerl on Clouds. Sample rate effects the pitch of the buffer which is both good and bad. I've been playing with some scratch type stuff changing the sample rate, but can't just get it right yet. If anything, it's a cheap and small bit crusher.

On a side note, my ER-301 shipped today and should be here by next Thursday. So looking forward to getting my hands on it. Being able to bring all my old Emax samples into the modular world has been my goal from the beginning.
I bought from Control one time and it was all fine.
I also have an order in for the ER-301 and already have clouds... this is why I am trying to stay away from temptation of other sample based modules... Want to get the ER-301 first then see if there is need for more sample player/manglers modules. BUT my ER-301 won't be shipping before beginning of July soooo long wait for me
Old 3rd June 2017
  #3957
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I think they just don't like their American customers anymore. I've heard similar stories from Fiddlestickz.
They love me at Perfect circuit, I even get the same fed ex driver hand delivering me my parcels, I kid you not, it's amazing service, I buy on Monday and the Fed Ex guy is calling to say he is outside on thursday morning with my parcel..

compare that to say oh I don't know...I buy some fairy lights, on ebay here, a few different kinds for my daughter for her room, this was last Friday before last, they say they have sent them, still not here. closing in on 11 days now and still no lights, one of the vendors was even in Sydney ffs..
Old 3rd June 2017
  #3958
I've ordered one thing from PCA, an EMW T-Drum. Showed up fine, worked for like 91 days.
Old 3rd June 2017
  #3959
Lives for gear
 

All these shipping complaints make me
when I order across the border into canada, it goes into a black hole of "duty processing" which can last from 4 hours to 4 weeks... just because "FUKK ME" lol. And even with a tracking number sometimes it just magically shows up while listed in customs. I've never lost anything though (knocks on wood)

I won't complain. Got my Octocontroller delivered today.



Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
On a side note, my ER-301 shipped today and should be here by next Thursday.
I look forward to hearing your review of it. I'm on the fence for the morphagene, and maybe the ER-301 is what I'd really want. My hesitation for the ER-301 is that it's a computer. i've got a computer. my eurorack is already very well integrated with my computer... if it's too menu-divey it won't get used. Something about the morphagene seems more "hands on." Maybe I should wait until the ER-301 has a controller built for it.
Old 3rd June 2017
  #3960
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkbanana View Post
if it's too menu-divey it won't get used. Something about the morphagene seems more "hands on."
i find my 301's workflow to be very similar to my old mpc1000--buttons framing the screen (with bonus second screen), a smooth encoder compared to the mpc1k's detented knob. most operations are pretty shallow, menu-wise. the process is much like a combination of the mpc1k and adding devices/racks in Ableton Live, especially in that you can nest devices and chains within each other on the 301. click "insert," adjust params and external CV/gate/audio sources, save the device/chain for next time. the downside is that there isn't yet an easy visual top-level overview of all chains and devices active per track, as there is within Live on a desktop screen, but there is a feature request in place for this.

morphagene and clouds both complement the 301; neither really replaces any of the 301's functionality. they serve different purposes. there are some really good videos out there showing the 301 used with one or both of those other modules.

Quote:
Maybe I should wait until the ER-301 has a controller built for it.
the 301's 20-odd inputs are there to let you build your own controller, using your existing modules and external devices. i use external monome devices with my small skiff for hands-on sample manipulation, but it's just as easy to send CV from many internal modules in a bigger case. it takes a bit of setup, but once you have devices/modules and inputs assigned in the 301, you can save them for quick reuse.

if you want instant hands-on gratification, look into touchstrips, contact sequencers (make noise), touchplate keyboards (verbos), and the like. or do things the traditional modular way, manipulating dedicated sequencer modules, lfos, attenuators...without ever needing to interact with the 301 much, except maybe for loading scenes. i've seen and heard lots of good 301 tracks made with e.g. a voltage block+varigate8, without any touch controllers.

there's some talk on the O|D forum about a hypothetical expander, as there's a UART header on the back of the PCB, but that's a long way off. take a look at some of the existing ways that folks interface with their 301.
1
Share
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump