The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread
Old 19th July 2019
  #631
M32
Lives for gear
 
M32's Avatar
Pimped my case a bit, stoked!
Instruo is getting a lot of love around here, and justly so.
I was so smitten by the Cs-L i think 2 of those will be all the oscillators i'll be needing for a loong time.
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-modula-101.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-modula-101.jpg  
Old 19th July 2019
  #632
Lives for gear
 

Can I be in your Scottish-module-club?

Are there any admission requirements?
Old 19th July 2019
  #633
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M32 View Post
Pimped my case a bit, stoked!
Instruo is getting a lot of love around here, and justly so.
I was so smitten by the Cs-L i think 2 of those will be all the oscillators i'll be needing for a loong time.
Looks great! Lots of room for expansion, too.

It's brilliant that Jason includes all those stickers with his modules. They're perfect for sticking on blank panels... while you wait for more Instruo modules.

I haven't figured out yet what I'm going to do with all the buttons, though--the lapel pins. Maybe I'll buy a beret and pin them on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Can I be in your Scottish-module-club?

Are there any admission requirements?
Of course!

The only requirement is a single Scottish module--you know, like a single malt scotch.
Old 19th July 2019
  #634
Lives for gear
 

Eggsellent.
Old 20th July 2019
  #635


That escalated quickly...
Old 20th July 2019
  #636
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post


That escalated quickly...
I just got turned on a little.

Sweet setup.
Old 20th July 2019
  #637
Lives for gear
 
void23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post


That escalated quickly...
I so need to find a reason justify the upgrade to that case.
Old 20th July 2019
  #638
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
I so need to find a reason justify the upgrade to that case.
Who makes that one?
Old 20th July 2019
  #639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Who makes that one?
It's a MDLR Case: https://www.mdlrcase.com/
Old 20th July 2019
  #640
Gear Maniac
 
pekbro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
I felt the kb37 wasn't the right case for this system, so I moved everything into a Doepfer low cost base.

This is much better, I think.

Instead of a traditional keyboard interface, I will use a ribbon controller to generate controlled pitch CV together with SCÍON, as a source of uncertainty.

Before the end of the year, I'm hoping to add an arbahr Granular Audio Processor, a Lúbadh Dual Looper, a tágh Random Voltage Generator and a Cš-L Complex Oscillator.
Nice, are you actually doing the plant thing?
Old 20th July 2019
  #641
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
Nice, are you actually doing the plant thing?
Not yet, but I'm planning to.

Tbh, I was hesitant about getting it but the more I learn about it, the more I like it. For example, I just learned that it's possible to feed a white noise source into the bio-feedback jack and jump start the SCÍON without a plant or without touching the golden leaf.

It can then be used as a normal source of uncertainty for CVs and GATES. For example, random pitch CV sent to an oscillator plus random modulation of the attack phase of an envelope generator creates an astounding amount of variety which can be sculpted and tamed with attenuators and slew limiters. And you've got four channels of this! Brilliant!

Of course, the first thing my teenage daughter asked after she saw it was "Can we hook it up to the cat?"
Old 20th July 2019
  #642
Gear Maniac
 
pekbro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
Not yet, but I'm planning to.

Tbh, I was hesitant about getting it but the more I learn about it, the more I like it. For example, I just learned that it's possible to feed a white noise source into the bio-feedback jack and jump start the SCÍON without a plant or without touching the golden leaf.

It can then be used as a normal source of uncertainty for CVs and GATES. For example, random pitch CV sent to an oscillator plus random modulation of the attack phase of an envelope generator creates an astounding amount of variety which can be sculpted and tamed with attenuators and slew limiters. And you've got four channels of this! Brilliant!

Of course, the first thing my teenage daughter asked after she saw it was "Can we hook it up to the cat?"
Heh, I think it's pretty cool and interesting actually. I have considered it
myself, and I'm not done considering it. Although, I fear if I were to get one,
it would result mostly in the output of plants in their death throws after being
under my care.

Definitely you have to try it, also the cat...
Old 20th July 2019
  #643
Lives for gear
 

I've wanted one for a couple of months.

Will probably get one.
Old 20th July 2019
  #644
Lives for gear
 
gruvsyco's Avatar
This is the most recent version of my system including my now mostly complete case. I recently had the enclosures fabricated, upgraded to Genus Modu Low Impedance Bus Boards with their Euro Header Adapter and a more robust power brick (TipTop 3000mA uZeus Boost) for my uZeus. My system finally feels more legit/permanent.

I have another set of the wooden cheeks... as costly as this whole thing worked out to be (I think I've got $700+ into it), I may do a second case the same way. I'm thrilled with it.

I may replace the terminal blocks inside with a slightly better version that would make me feel a little better with the wiring. Eventually, I may replace the switching PS with a linear PS.

Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-modular.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-modular.jpg  
Old 20th July 2019
  #645
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvsyco View Post
This is the most recent version of my system including my now mostly complete case. I recently had the enclosures fabricated, upgraded to Genus Modu Low Impedance Bus Boards with their Euro Header Adapter and a more robust power brick (TipTop 3000mA uZeus Boost) for my uZeus. My system finally feels more legit/permanent.

I have another set of the wooden cheeks... as costly as this whole thing worked out to be (I think I've got $700+ into it), I may do a second case the same way. I'm thrilled with it.

I may replace the terminal blocks inside with a slightly better version that would make me feel a little better with the wiring. Eventually, I may replace the switching PS with a linear PS.

Cool setup.
Old 23rd July 2019
  #646
Gear Head
 
Lisa's Avatar
My first drum modules. This second case is feeling like a proper groovebox now. And I’m making rather different music with it compared to what I make with my first case.

Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-df78b6d0-9e87-438b-8b37-e8a823836338.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-df78b6d0-9e87-438b-8b37-e8a823836338.jpg  
Old 23rd July 2019
  #647
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
My first drum modules. This second case is feeling like a proper groovebox now. And I’m making rather different music with it compared to what I make with my first case.

Oops. Nvm. I see now.

Cool setup.

Have you posted any of the music from it? I enjoyed your other melodic downtempo.
Old 23rd July 2019
  #648
Gear Head
 
Lisa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Cool setup.

Have you posted any of the music from it? I enjoyed your other melodic downtempo.
Thanks!

I record patches all the time but the step from a recorded patch to a presentable track is a long one for me, unfortunately. I have to arrange, record additional stuff and (since I suck at it) mix it for ages to get a decent result. I just got the drum modules a week ago so I guess it'll be 3-6 months until I release a track based on this setup.

Here are my first two recordings, more or less sans post-production, for a very much premature sneak peek where it's headed:

https://we.tl/t-nsgzFcLVgx
Old 24th July 2019
  #649
Gear Nut
 

Here's the keyboard cubicle at my studio. I admit it's a bit over-the-top, but after decades of playing gigs and collecting stuff, I finally have it all in one place.

D100870F-4ED0-4A51-8C00-803C9EDF5E29 by davetrenkel, on Flickr

668F7D82-C21C-49DB-9BEF-B733FA69B244 by davetrenkel, on Flickr

My small, but fun Euro setup, and my slowly-being-restored Hammond BCV:
44D33F5F-9C79-4BF6-BE59-491869B439A5 by davetrenkel, on Flickr

MOTM and Blacet stuff, mostly built from kits:
A633E91A-FCCF-4C4D-BDDF-F57A56B4697C by davetrenkel, on Flickr

The small Buchla 200e system I've had on loan for the last month or so:
4FA435E9-1720-4DFE-BB7B-FA6738A1C44D by davetrenkel, on Flickr
Old 24th July 2019
  #650
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-20190723_214412.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-20190723_214412.jpg  
Old 24th July 2019
  #651
Lives for gear
 

Just wow. Both of you.

I am amazed and healthily jealous.

Sweet setups.
Old 24th July 2019
  #652
Lives for gear
 
Joe Porto's Avatar
 

My mobile rig.

Old 25th July 2019
  #653
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post
That's a nice case.

got it on etsy, nice seller too! (CaseFromLake)
Old 27th July 2019
  #654
Gear Nut
 
Clumsy's Avatar
 

Putting it all together...

Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-eurorack.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-eurorack.jpg  
Old 27th July 2019
  #655
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
Putting it all together...

Just a heads up, if you end up having power problems later on, the Aira modules are probably going to need to be the first thing you check. I don't know how robust the Arturia power supply is, but the Roland modules are power hogs. They're excellent modules, but it might be worth investigating a different power solution for them.
Old 27th July 2019
  #656
DSC
Gear Maniac
 
DSC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Just a heads up, if you end up having power problems later on, the Aira modules are probably going to need to be the first thing you check.
Derp is spot on with that one!!!! I found that out quick with this row. Notice those power hogs are all in one row!

Old 28th July 2019
  #657
Gear Nut
 
Clumsy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Just a heads up, if you end up having power problems later on, the Aira modules are probably going to need to be the first thing you check. I don't know how robust the Arturia power supply is, but the Roland modules are power hogs. They're excellent modules, but it might be worth investigating a different power solution for them.
Thanks for the warning! I know about the Aira modules' power guzzling. Just those two alone would use over half of the RackBrute's 12v supply. If you have another look at the photo you'll see a power lead coming out of a gap on the left of the Demora (there's only one because I hadn't bothered looking for the other PSU yet).
Old 29th July 2019
  #658
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
Thanks for the warning! I know about the Aira modules' power guzzling. Just those two alone would use over half of the RackBrute's 12v supply. If you have another look at the photo you'll see a power lead coming out of a gap on the left of the Demora (there's only one because I hadn't bothered looking for the other PSU yet).
Very good call!
Old 4th August 2019
  #659
Gear Nut
 
Clumsy's Avatar
 

Part of me wants to rearrange my modules to distribute the LEDs more evenly. The right side is looking a bit like North Korea from space.

Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-lights.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Modular gallery "post pics of your modular" - modular porn thread-lights.jpg  
Old 4th August 2019
  #660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
Part of me wants to rearrange my modules to distribute the LEDs more evenly. The right side is looking a bit like North Korea from space.

A-197-3
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump