The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

thumbsup For live situation no monitoring to the band just me running 16 channels of firewire what would be comfortable specs for...

xtranscendedx
replies: 2 views: 1,602
hrasco 3rd January 2006

I am just beginning a new adventure in mobile recording. I have in possession a 24' box truck for my start. I am going to build...

TheWiltedRose
replies: 2 views: 2,272
Remoteness 2nd January 2006

I've spent about 3 hours now going through the forums looking for information about the best PC recording interfaces that have...

smoore98
replies: 24 views: 6,866
smoore98 30th December 2005

I've been considering the MOTU Traveler. It looks like the right size for me. I need about 2-4 inputs with AES and SPDIF I/O,...

feyshay
replies: 7 views: 3,593
Rogervandeberg 22nd December 2005

how would you make a kit for live recording if you would have to build it around a pro tools 24 and a G3 with 512 ram? This kit...

chipset
replies: 4 views: 1,350
Rain Recording 14th December 2005

Which one is best when it comes to lowest noise (IMPORTANT), highest gain, best preamps....Well, which one is the best for silent...

hrn
replies: 5 views: 2,747
dkatz42 13th December 2005

Hello, I'm finishing up a new remote truck and I'm hunting for a curb panel I can install for cable access. I don't need a...

Indrestudios
replies: 10 views: 3,442
Remoteness 7th December 2005

Does anyone know of a Laptop Soundcard that has an AES/EBU i/o, not an S/PDIF?

ey up
replies: 5 views: 3,829
bernieL0max 15th November 2005

I am looking for a SMALL & COMPACT EQ & Comp/Limiter solution to plug my laptop into for live performance sets. Sometimes...

edIT
replies: 3 views: 4,112
squeegybug 18th October 2005

Newbie here, Hello, Have been looking around for a new laptop audio interface. What do I need. 2 channel in and out and...

Joenco
replies: 16 views: 4,003
Joenco 10th October 2005

I'm looking for opinions from others about remote truck construction. I'm starting to design a new truck to replace and upgrade...

remrec
replies: 4 views: 1,109
ClickTrackAudio 25th September 2005

Hey, All.... I've been away for quite awhile...mind you, even before I tended to lurk more...read on to find out what we've...

ClickTrackAudio
replies: 9 views: 1,680
ClickTrackAudio 5th September 2005

Anybody out there recording with a laptop and a Digi 002? I'm trying to get a decent laptop that I can do some mobile recording...

DeeDrive
replies: 2 views: 1,398
ExistanceMusic 22nd August 2005

I´ve been a voyeur of the site for a while and I´ve learned a great deal. From the most esoteric discussions to those grounded...

aeroc
replies: 1 views: 2,149
bradb 17th August 2005

Ok, just got the box truck, need to add air conditioning. What are the pros and cons of rooftop RV style AC units versus window...

Flyingeyepro
replies: 8 views: 2,696
jabney 19th July 2005

Hello, I am looking for input on a solid, good sounding, intuitive interface/sound card for remote recording with a PC laptop....

jspartz
replies: 6 views: 2,659
Youn 19th July 2005

Hopefully I can get some good insight on this. I've been asked to do a classical location gig (of which I've done quite a few of...

chadly
replies: 4 views: 2,256
fifthcircle 7th June 2005

Hi folks, I'm interested in learning about the actual construction of the body of a truck or trailer. I am considering...

Beech
replies: 12 views: 2,744
Jim vanBergen 3rd June 2005

Hello everyone, I need a portable setup to do some remote recording. I need to be able to record at least 8 tracks...

soundwarrior
replies: 77 views: 5,521
bigbaby987 20th May 2005

I'm currently looking into putting on an open mic style laptop night in London - the idea being that anyone who brings along a...

alriley
replies: 5 views: 1,030
Renie 5th May 2005

Ok so I want to start using my Trak2 on location. Problem is I refuse to haul out my DAW anymore. So I need a little box that has...

krs
replies: 3 views: 1,653
krs 3rd May 2005

I'm looking for a PC laptop to do some remote recording, preferealy a Centrino for battery life and Heat issues. I intend on...

Gordon
replies: 0 views: 2,075
Gordon 21st April 2005

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone was using two powerbooks on the road. I use Logic and while the 1Ghz machine is good...

drongo
replies: 6 views: 1,474
curly 25th March 2005

Hello, We are about to embark on a 48 track live recording using the following rig: 6 X Presonus Digimax 96 Preamps ->...

machinefunk
replies: 5 views: 1,461
Waylon 16th January 2005

All from ebay. Emachines m6805 without harddrive. Didn't matter though, because I wanted a 7200 drive anyway. Magma 4 card...

Henchman
replies: 0 views: 2,280
Henchman 9th December 2004

I thought the fireface was going to be a winner, and I imagine it to be a powerful tool. I want to know more, mostly from being a...

PlugHead
replies: 34 views: 4,255
manning1 23rd October 2004

This thing looks incredible. "VENUE consists of the D-Show mixing console, FOH mix engine, a Stage Rack I/O unit with...

Vaphoron
replies: 20 views: 11,047
barefoot 30th September 2004

Ok, I've been thinking about getting a laptop to record gigs for local bands. I want to be able to record 8 tracks to be mixed...

teamdresch
replies: 18 views: 3,219
mikedaul 5th August 2004

I do a few small remotes a year, mainly organs at churches for a couple of publishing companies. I do them with a Precision 8...

bongo
replies: 3 views: 1,568
audiothumbs 1st July 2004

This week the silver truck -- ol' Jethro (which just turned 17 years old this month) will be at Webster Hall for an MTV, HDNet...

Remoteness
replies: 2 views: 1,428
Remoteness 16th June 2004

I'm converting a reformed carbohydrate-carrier into a remote-type truck. It's 16' fr headache panel to back-door, aluminum...

jabney
replies: 4 views: 1,418
jabney 10th May 2004

We're using up to 32 tracks of DA78 for our remote recording gigs. We havent' used any kind of saftey back up as of yet. All...

cajonezzz
replies: 13 views: 1,938
Remoteness 10th May 2004

Saw this on ebay a bit ago. Someone bid on it and won it. http://telefunkenusa.com/mobiletruck/ It went for...

Unbound
replies: 3 views: 1,778
Remoteness 2nd May 2004

hey all - thinking of branching out from not just recording in my little studio but recording live gigs and taking them back to...

TOR
replies: 23 views: 2,511
seedee701 29th March 2004

Just curious as to some designs for remote trucks. I am ditching my 1st truck. Was a mechanical nightmare and buying a newer...

giles117
replies: 14 views: 7,320
giles117 29th January 2004

The floating floor in my mind is very important, all of the walls and ceiling must sit on the floating floor to be a true...

italysound
replies: 3 views: 3,624
Remoteness 28th January 2004

Hi everybody, following Steve's thread " Remote Approved truck list" i was thinking it may be interesting to have also...

dynamo
replies: 19 views: 3,948
Plush 13th January 2004

Is this a good mic preamp? i'm on a ghetto budget but still want good sound. This is a mobile pre for laptops but can be used...

Jinzter
replies: 4 views: 1,548
edmann 4th January 2004

First, let me try to assure you I'm not a troll. I just discovered this forum a month ago, and I've been lurking daily and...

Telepc
replies: 8 views: 9,151
Nathanael 19th October 2003

Hello, First time post here. First off let me say...Great Forum! I am an engineer and need to design and build a mobile...

SLS
replies: 14 views: 4,678
SLS 26th September 2003

Excellant condition! Yeah, new paint only... http://www.leonrussellrecords.com/personal.htm Check it. grudge howdy

Jay Kahrs
replies: 3 views: 1,781
David R. 7th May 2003

PRESS RELEASE April 9, 2003 LiveWire provided the broadcast mix for several of the acts featured on the 2003 Juno Awards from...

LiveWire
replies: 14 views: 3,045
Remoteness 21st April 2003

Below is a list of many fine audio remote trucks for your review! Contact me if you encounter any broken links... Aura...

Remoteness
replies: 0 views: 5,045
Remoteness 2nd March 2003

This month's Mix has an article on remote trucks featuring Steve, Kooster, Greg Hartman, Randy Ezratty, David Hewitt, Gary...

TinderArts
replies: 10 views: 3,125
THEMIXFIX 29th January 2003

Howdy! We've got two fridge size racks(12 or so pieces of gear), a couple powered speakers, two headphone amps and a computer....

cajonezzz
replies: 2 views: 1,921
Remoteness 27th August 2002

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search