The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

hello slutz, After a lot of searching and reading, I have noticed that a very many of you use radically different setups...

recordinghopkins
replies: 20 views: 3,650
recordinghopkins 24th August 2010

Hello, I would like to purchase a 2 channel mobile recording interface to use for capturing acoustic spaces. I would also like...

MrQuincy
replies: 0 views: 1,254
MrQuincy 17th July 2010

I have searched and can't find this mobile rack with wheels. It is shock mounted, has foam on the inside for a mac pro and it...

Guitfiddle
replies: 2 views: 1,578
custom 4th July 2010

Future-proof digital recording is here With the pristine fidelity and ultimate flexibility of 1-bit...

T.RayBullard
replies: 68 views: 21,909
once a roadie 3rd July 2010

My band consists of myself on 12-string acoustic (LR Baggs pickups), electric guitar, and vocals. I have a Bass player and second...

Dysanfel
replies: 5 views: 3,506
-Noodles- 20th June 2010

A while ago, the forum seemed to be full of new truck projects like Sound Drifter etc. Where have they all gone...

Soundhunter
replies: 22 views: 2,457
Remoteness 18th June 2010

Hi Slutz, Here is a quick question. I started to get a lot of interest in doing live recordings for various bands I do the live...

tobywan
replies: 14 views: 1,357
tsvisser 18th June 2010

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any info on a a cable access door that I could install on my new van. Something...

nobtwiddler
replies: 8 views: 6,038
Remoteness 8th June 2010

Hey all! I've always been a "play it safe" guy who hunkers down in the controlled environment of my studio, but I'm...

seanmccoy
replies: 8 views: 1,506
Gerax 3rd June 2010

How can I use this to record directly to and monitor directly from the MacBook? Am I limited to 6in 6out? Or is it 8? 8 would...

7rojo7
replies: 1 views: 1,261
huub 26th April 2010

Just found this on SonicState NAMM report: A 1U 19'inch Sadie 24 track recorder that uses standard usb2 drives. Wow. Sonic...

Koed
replies: 69 views: 21,921
beatmanbill 22nd April 2010

Hey There, So I will be doing two vehicle workups in the next week or two. One on an econoline van, and one on a cab (crown...

colinhart
replies: 10 views: 1,740
jrfountain 19th April 2010

I am designing a rig for a major artist and money is no object but portability is all. It needs to fit in his sports car either...

Gioinla
replies: 4 views: 4,149
Jack W 12th April 2010

Hi guys, i'm thinking about moving my notebok away from the soundcard/converters/preamps stuff...stacked close to the...

luigichelli
replies: 7 views: 6,673
luigichelli 12th April 2010

Is there anyone using more than one ULN-8 for recording live concerts? I would like to go with 32 channels. For that 2...

Adebar
replies: 18 views: 7,342
HFTobeason 2nd April 2010

So, I've been "working" on putting together a little "mobile" rig. I say "mobile" because it seems...

RubixGroove
replies: 4 views: 1,153
RubixGroove 21st March 2010

hi, pretty new to forums so be easy please. have a live laptop setup, standard Mac/Live8 usually running no more than 4 decks....

helloeverything
replies: 0 views: 1,630
helloeverything 17th March 2010

Wow, first post in years. It's good to be back here on Gearslutz and recording again. What do you fella's think of this portable...

Highphi
replies: 6 views: 1,346
Highphi 15th March 2010

Im in need of some opinions on which macbook configuration to get for a tracking, then later mixing OTB. Something like the...

BFSound
replies: 20 views: 3,230
BFSound 14th March 2010

Did some searching across the forums but didn’t really find anything close to my question, so here goes – If you were putting...

Deadmeat
replies: 7 views: 1,263
fifthcircle 5th March 2010

I am in the market for a new mobile multi-track recorder. The one I have now, a Fostex D824, is still working fine, but I've...

lalune
replies: 13 views: 4,793
Daniel Stark 17th February 2010

Let me start by saying that yes, I'm crazy and this may not even be possible. Why in the world would I want to do this? Several...

Evil_G
replies: 6 views: 1,962
jwh1192 27th January 2010

Looking for a setup for 2 track classical recording. Looking for pros/cons of a dedicated 2 track recorder like the masterlink vs...

johnnyc
replies: 9 views: 3,760
RickZ 17th January 2010

I'm thinking about putting a mobile recording rig together using a Presonus Firestudio Tube as my interface. Does anyone have...

creegstor
replies: 27 views: 6,380
David Spearritt 4th January 2010

Since in a mobile truck everything is on wheels, so to speak, how do you store things for transport? does everything have it's...

mwagener
replies: 14 views: 7,058
Remoteness 31st December 2009

Hey all, I've been doing research on this and can't seem to find a suitable answer on my own, so I'm throwing it to you. Here's...

studiotogo
replies: 15 views: 2,237
studiotogo 22nd December 2009

Hi everybody. I've been reading a few things from the mobile recording forum, cuz I'm in need of a recording rig, in the Medium...

kas_lar
replies: 4 views: 1,875
kas_lar 13th December 2009

I need to know what the most channels I can record with my MacBook Pro is without using PT HD and what the solution is (hardware...

mrbibidy
replies: 10 views: 1,769
strewnshank 1st December 2009

I've bought an A + H ZED R16 which has Firewire to record straight to a laptop. I was wondering if anyone who uses a laptop to...

funkymunk
replies: 22 views: 5,844
benpasley 28th November 2009

Hello. I am interested in purchasing a new or used recording truck in Europe. I am also looking to rent one for a short term...

johnosmusic
replies: 24 views: 2,184
johnosmusic 27th November 2009

As I am going to step deeper into the world of recording I'm planning to build a mobile rig for the first time, so I could use...

JazzP
replies: 11 views: 1,846
bishopthomas 26th November 2009

Hello, I'm from the Netherlands so I would like to excuse me for my bad English in advance. I tried to find some information...

MSEH
replies: 41 views: 6,954
MSEH 12th November 2009

Thought there might be some folks here who want to check it out. The Truck Sale Gallery PER Mobile III 40 foot, Class 4, Hino...

NorseHorse
replies: 3 views: 3,259
Remoteness 4th November 2009

Please note: I moved this post and the replies to a new thread dedicated to this mobile unit. I felt it needed its own thread. In...

jonoville
replies: 26 views: 14,934
Jim vanBergen 3rd November 2009

I am considering picking up this trailer to convert to a small remote vehicle. It would have to be towable by a Grand Voyager...

NetworkAudio
replies: 10 views: 1,771
Remoteness 1st November 2009

Does anyone have any suggestions for a laptop setup for scoring and mixing from a hotel room in europe. I want to make a...

matahari
replies: 6 views: 1,272
jmarkham 29th October 2009

Greetings remote people! I've been reading a lot of the posts lately and this is a goldmine for info on location recording. I've...

barbarrick
replies: 3 views: 1,492
barbarrick 26th October 2009

I am upgrading my Mac G4 to a new Mac Pro. I will also get a MacBook Pro, so I need a firewire interface that will work with...

ajfarber
replies: 46 views: 9,381
Freejack 12th October 2009

This is going to become my mobile recording truck. The car needs some attention but the cabinet is relly nice, and can be moved...

J.F.K
replies: 22 views: 2,709
Remoteness 8th October 2009

Hi everyone! After reading some topics about portable equipment, I feel lost. Your advices would be really welcome to help me in...

Anaon
replies: 13 views: 2,108
videoteque 7th October 2009

Please note: faramita did not start this thread. I moved it to create a new thread because I felt it had value, but was not...

faramita
replies: 5 views: 2,198
nobtwiddler 19th September 2009

Here's the system we've built as main recorder when we need "ultra" portability : Macbook pro Boom recorder...

deardaddy
replies: 7 views: 4,333
deardaddy 15th September 2009

...Interface Metric Halo with macbook or some good Micpres + Apogee AD16 in the same pricerange? If the soundquality is nearly...

paco de colonia
replies: 0 views: 1,268
paco de colonia 14th September 2009

Hey all, Just joined up as I keep thinking about this setup I'm looking to purchase soon and need some feedback on the setup as...

Murton
replies: 50 views: 12,351
Murton 1st September 2009

Are there laptops, PC, that have a fast enough DVD Drive in there that I can record a CD to give to a client that won't have...

supoUSA
replies: 1 views: 1,176
Audiop 26th August 2009

Hey guys, I'm currently setting up a live recording rig for a new project. I'd be working with the FOH sound guy, taking direct...

NeedsMoreFuzz
replies: 24 views: 2,371
NeedsMoreFuzz 25th August 2009

So, earlier this year I had one of the best hard drives I've ever used for my live recordings. G-Drive, 500GB two FW400 6 pins...

Howie J
replies: 4 views: 1,410
Howie J 19th August 2009

I need to put together a live recording rig that I can travel on a plane with. I'm going to be using the FOH direct outs to...

DrummerGuy09
replies: 10 views: 1,559
Spartan Man 5th August 2009

After 3 years I switched back to Mac (on my laptop) and the quality difference is stunning (both software and hardware-wise). I...

ISedlacek
replies: 88 views: 9,555
BenF 4th August 2009

Does anybody have experience with hooking up the Paintpot to a Mac (using the fiber optic) or Metric Halo 2882 (AES-EBU) because...

Gaston69
replies: 5 views: 1,344
locutus 31st July 2009

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search