The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tascam X48 for remote work
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Talking Tascam X48 for remote work

I just stumbled on this X 48 from tascam.... looks like it could be a good safety machine for a mobile PT rig remote recorder- anyone check it out?
Old 4th August 2005
Super Moderator

Yeah, check this out -- Tell me what you think?

Side Bar: Craig, did you get a chance to dub me that Le Mobile video you promised? I'd love to check it out and stuff. Or maybe I can see on a FTP site or something. Keep me posted.
Old 6th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness

Side Bar: Craig, did you get a chance to dub me that Le Mobile video you promised? I'd love to check it out and stuff. Or maybe I can see on a FTP site or something. Keep me posted.
ah man, completely spaced it what with the new baby/ home etc. I'll try and dig it up and just send it to you...

cz
Old 29th November 2006
Super Moderator

As I posted on another X48 thread...

From what I understand, unfortunately the X48 has been pushed back to January 2007 and there is no guarantee it will ship then.

As you many already know, TEAC hired an outside company to do the software and they are behind schedule to say the least.
Old 24th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post

Hey Remoteness,
I've been trying to find your posts about this and haven't been lucky enough.
Also the link is not working.
I wonder if you ever report about this unit?

Cheers and many thanks,
Pupo
Old 24th June 2009
Super Moderator

If you click on the popular tag named "recorder" you will find plenty of threads about the X48 within all the other recorder threads. A more direct way to find all the threads about the X48 would be to search the word "X48" within this forum or throughout the website.

If you want to check out all the posts I have written you can always go to my profile page and click on "Statistics" then click on "Find all posts by Remoteness" or "Find all threads started by Remoteness" if applicable.

Furthermore, back when I posted that link it was working, but when GS updated the way the threads were marked that link and many others from that time period ended up broken.

I will do my best to find the exact thread I was referring to and correct the link.
If the link is working again it means that I fixed the problem.
Check it out -- I'm feeling lucky about fixing that broken linkage.

In the meantime, here's a thread that links you to a bunch of X48 threads...
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/remot...mote-x48s.html
Old 24th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
If you click on the popular tag named "recorder" you will find plenty of threads about the X48 within all the other recorder threads. A more direct way to find all the threads about the X48 would be to search the word "X48" within this forum or throughout the website.

If you want to check out all the posts I have written you can always go to my profile page and click on "Statistics" then click on "Find all posts by Remoteness" or "Find all threads started by Remoteness" if applicable.

Furthermore, back when I posted that link it was working, but when GS updated the way the threads were marked that link and many others from that time period ended up broken.

I will do my best to find the exact thread I was referring to and correct the link.
If the link is working again it means that I fixed the problem.
Check it out -- I'm feeling lucky about fixing that broken linkage.

In the meantime, here's a thread that links you to a bunch of X48 threads...
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/remot...mote-x48s.html
Thank you very much Steve!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search