The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rolling Stones Mobile Unit circa 1970
Old 23rd October 2011
Gear Maniac

The Stones unit is in Calgary and has been part of the Cantos museum collection for many years now. Last time the Stones played here, they popped by for a visit (Keith wasn't all that nostalgic- he stayed in the limo while the rest of the band checked it out).
Old 23rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorefire View Post
This might be the source.Maybe this is Ronnie Lanes truck.
I know that this an elderly thread, but Ronnie Lane's mobile was built into an Airstream trailer. I saw it several times at the industrial unit (not a barn) in Feltham, whilst I was working with the Helios guys on a custom theatre console back in the mid-1970s. The LMS has recently been refurbished and fitted with a CADAC desk. (See elsewhere on this board.)

Regards,

John
Old 9th February 2015
Here for the gear

RSM Truck

@ analogdinosaur . I'm a newbie here, and to forums in general...I hope I have your name right. I was reading that you had the opportunity to work in the RSM Truck In re to your post about having worked in the RSM, I would love to have seen the 300+ Session List that you saw. Just green with envy
Old 9th February 2015
Lives for gear
Glyn Johns used the Stones mobile
Once recording the Stones in the Marquee Club , he was in the truck and a policeman knocked asked him to move a car
It belonged to Keef who arriving late for the session ,dumped his motor in the middle of the narrow street ,engine still running and left it
Soho was gridlocked for an hour
Old 8th January 2016
Gear Maniac

Interesting thread!

I came across this account of the RS mobile on the netwebs, from its beginnings to the current Audities mode..
including many photos, the legendary Headley Grange stairwell etc plus accounts of the When The Levee Breaks drum sound, how the mobile came to sport camo colours and more ..

Part 1 RS Mobile Rolling Stones Mobile
Part 2 Headley Grange Led Zeppelin at Headley Grange
Part 3 Exile On Mainstreet http://www.philsbook.com/stones-mobile-2.html
Part 4 Smoke On the Water http://www.philsbook.com/rolling-stones-mobile-5.html
Part 5 The Truck Never Stops Rolling http://www.philsbook.com/rolling-stones-mobile-4.html

From philsbook.com Classic Sound Recordinh Studios by Phil Burns &Tony Harris - an account of various classic UK studios
Old 10th January 2016
Many thanks for posting.
Old 20th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Just came across this - a look inside the RSM circa summer 2016 .. IT WORKS!

Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

1975 Stones truck Altec ad. No details.
Attached Thumbnails
Rolling Stones Mobile Unit circa 1970-altec75stonesmrs.jpg  
Old 5th October 2019
Super Moderator

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrr View Post
1975 Stones truck Altec ad. No details.
Old 13th October 2019
Old 14th October 2019
Super Moderator

Mobile recording studio with engineer recording a concert by the Rolling Stones in 1970. The original film was recorded MOS.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

great thread
Old 3 weeks ago
Super Moderator

Remote Possibility... forum threads never die, they just rest until someone wakes them up.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search