The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What's on your digital camera?
Old 24th October 2012
Gear Addict

So this was a groupfoto for the guitarmic shootout. We ended up using 3 mics per speaker at the same time. Big winners were KM140 and RE-20. Big loser was the SM57 wich we even, after moving it around because of it's bad sound, replaced and still sounded terrible compared to the others. Even the old Grundig my colleague got from a friend sounded way nicer!

This is in the BIMHUIS studio.
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-img_2976.jpeg  
Old 27th October 2012
Lives for gear

Some pics I took during the Marshall Party at Wembley recently, Hughes, Malmsteen and Wylde:

/Peter
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-gh2.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-ym.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-z.jpg  
Old 27th October 2012
Super Moderator

You framed those shots well, Peter!

You have a good eye too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiop View Post
Some pics I took during the Marshall Party at Wembley recently, Hughes, Malmsteen and Wylde:

/Peter
Old 28th October 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks Steve.

/Peter
Old 30th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
I hear you loud and clear.

I'm providing 136 channels on four way active splitters for this little "thingy" at the UN this week.

I'm thinking of building another 96 channel four way (or five way) splitter system, because there never seems to be enough inputs on some dates.

i heard some scary stories about that gig. its too bad this sort of stuff happens on an a list event. the press had nothing to say about it.
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:

/Peter
Yeah looks like a pro camera man shooting thoose.
Great photos indeed.
Old 22nd January 2013
Quote:

/Peter
Yes, really expert-looking photos. Would you mind telling us what camera you used, please? I am looking for the smallest camera that will enable that quality of shot in low light situations - I am hoping it would be possible with the Sony RX-100, but have just bought a Pentax K-01 for this purpose. I find it a little chunky and wonder if I should have gotten an RX-100.
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

From my latest gig recording an orchestra. First image is of my assistant. I bought some external flash toys and a 70-200 lens for my EOS 550D
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-img_6603.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_6646.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_6656.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-pano.jpg  
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

/Peter
Very cool images!
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks guys!

The wembley pic's where shot hand held from the edge off the stage with a Canon 5Dmk3 and the macro 100mmL lens slightly stopped down. The IS (image stabilization) of the 100L is nice and helps in low light.

The new 6D is priced lower and has even better low light performance than the mk3, still not coffe money though.

/Peter
Old 31st January 2013
Here for the gear

I'm new to using this forum, but I thought Id show off our newer rig
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-pilotaudio-4.jpg  
Old 31st January 2013
Super Moderator

Nice rig!

Tell us more Pilot Audio.

How many trucks; what kind of gear do you have?
Any interior photos you want to share with us?

Come on now; show it off! ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotaudio View Post
I'm new to using this forum, but I thought Id show off our newer rig
Old 15th February 2013
Gear Nut

Here's a picture of an orchestra concert I recorded on the 13th. It's the string program at a private K-12 school. She starts the concert with all of her students on stage (150+) for the 1st two numbers, then she has the individual ensembles/string quartets play. Very talented group of musicians.
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-wforchestra_021313.jpg  
Old 18th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats H View Post
From my latest gig recording an orchestra. First image is of my assistant. I bought some external flash toys and a 70-200 lens for my EOS 550D
Love the wideangle Mats. What lens is that? I played with a friend's 10-20 a few weeks ago. Gotta get one of those. Miss my Sigma 15-30 from my Nikon days.
Old 18th February 2013
Lives for gear

From last weekend session.

Recorded vocals thru a toy radio. Had to take care of the spill somehow. The singer is (sometimes) totally out there so he loved the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-r0012821.jpg  
Old 18th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by judah View Post
Love the wideangle Mats. What lens is that? I played with a friend's 10-20 a few weeks ago. Gotta get one of those. Miss my Sigma 15-30 from my Nikon days.
Hi,

Thx! It's actually a panorama image made of four RAW shots at 17mm (27mm with crop) using my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 lens @ 2.8 on the Canon EOS 550D body. I used Panoramatools to stitch them together.
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear Maniac
My wife does photography for money so there's an excuse for gearslutting in da' house.

My own camera that she doesn't use is a 5d2. The stuff I grab (my favorite lenses) are the 135 f/2.0L, the 45mm f2.8 TS-E and the 17-40L. For airshows I have a 200mm f/2.8 prime with the 1.4 extender. I like "dumb" flashes, my most often used flash is a Yongnuo (sp?) 560 Mk 1.

I honestly forgot what the model of powershot is I carry around these days, I think the HS-300? I haven't been happy with the Canon powershots ever after my beloved SD450 broke. Hated the SD890 but selling it and getting whatever I have now didn't help much. I might have to go look elsewhere than Canon for a change. I just wish somebody would combine Android with some serious optics.
Old 26th December 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseHorse View Post
tutt

You should hire a real professional photographer to take your photos. Especially since you are sharing them on the Internet. Remember, the quality of your pictures reflects your performance and professionalism.

*ahem*ahem*

What was your back-up camera?
I also feel the same You should hire a real professional photographer to take your photos.
Old 26th December 2013
Super Moderator

Hey Jaden,

For me it's about focusing on the capture and doing a great job with what I'm hired to do in the first place.

Grabbing my camera phone and/or my pocket camera to snap a few shots while I have a moment is what the reality is for me.

Show us your professionally photographed photos.
I'd love to see what you're talking about and how you handle your images.

Here's a few interior shots of Elroy and around the field shop during the Focusrite RedNet Technology Demo we did at my field shop a couple of weeks ago.

FYI, no professional photographer was harmed in the capture of these images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I also feel the same You should hire a real professional photographer to take your photos.
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-img_2668sm.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_2784sm.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_2787sm.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_2701sm.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_2702sm.jpg  

What's on your digital camera?-img_2758sm.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_2809sm.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-imag0112sm.jpg  
Old 28th December 2013
Gear Maniac

Here is a link to a test video, where I use a Hero3+ Black Edition as the "eyes" for a Neumann KU-100 binaural microphone.

GoPro Hero 3+ Test with External Binaural Microphone (KU-100) - YouTube
Old 28th December 2013
Super Moderator

Brilliant!

Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlien View Post
Here is a link to a test video, where I use a Hero3+ Black Edition as the "eyes" for a Neumann KU-100 binaural microphone.

GoPro Hero 3+ Test with External Binaural Microphone (KU-100) - YouTube
Old 2nd January 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Hey Jaden,

For me it's about focusing on the capture and doing a great job with what I'm hired to do in the first place.

Grabbing my camera phone and/or my pocket camera to snap a few shots while I have a moment is what the reality is for me.

Show us your professionally photographed photos.
I'd love to see what you're talking about and how you handle your images.

Here's a few interior shots of Elroy and around the field shop during the Focusrite RedNet Technology Demo we did at my field shop a couple of weeks ago.

FYI, no professional photographer was harmed in the capture of these images.
Its awesome man, you done gre8 job. I agree with your statement focusing on the capture.
Old 5th January 2014
Here for the gear
Oh man, Steve, your Rednet get-together looks like a fun hang. I wish I knew about it! Care to describe what you set up for the event?

A few questions --
-Do you have Rednet in your inventory? Were you demonstrating the system to others or exploring it for your own fact-finding?
-The ability to share I/O with popular Yamaha consoles and stageboxes on Dante seems like the obvious big advantage for Rednet in the live recording arena. But (correct me if I'm wrong) Rednet does away with Dante's provision for redundant network connections, which seems like a big disadvantage for live recording. Any thoughts? I know redundancy is not taken lightly in your shop.

Thanks!

C
Old 6th January 2014
Super Moderator

Yes, our RedNet get-together was indeed a fun hang.

I plan to start a thread about it on this forum.
It should have been up by now, but I've been busy on a few projects and could not get to it as of yet.
I hope to get to it very soon.

We don't have any RedNet systems in our inventory, but based on the demonstration we did confidence is high that we will have at least 128 channels of the stuff.

We were demonstrating the system for ourselves and others.

The ability for it to share with other Dante devices (JoeCo, and such) is a big advantage for RedNet, but you're right, provisions for redundant network connections are not available at this time.

John Klett, Fran Manzella, Phil Wagner Ted White, Brandon Carroll and I had a dinner meeting after the first day's demo to discuss that specific concern and a few other thoughts and ideas we had for the future development of the RedNet product line.

Needless to say, we had a very productive conversation!

I will get into much more detail in that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleymw View Post
Oh man, Steve, your Rednet get-together looks like a fun hang. I wish I knew about it! Care to describe what you set up for the event?

A few questions --
-Do you have Rednet in your inventory? Were you demonstrating the system to others or exploring it for your own fact-finding?
-The ability to share I/O with popular Yamaha consoles and stageboxes on Dante seems like the obvious big advantage for Rednet in the live recording arena. But (correct me if I'm wrong) Rednet does away with Dante's provision for redundant network connections, which seems like a big disadvantage for live recording. Any thoughts? I know redundancy is not taken lightly in your shop.

Thanks!

C
Old 6th January 2014
Lives for gear

re: Photos onsite

Sorry I'm a bit late with this… but I just returned from a week in eastern Europe on a church thing and very little internet connectivity.

Re: Cameras and live production shots… as I do (and have since 1969) location photos for money as a primary business source, my kit is a hard-working one. Current first-grab is a Nikon D800 with a 24-120 f:4.0 which is rarely unmounted. Backup and long-lens body is a second D800 with a Nikkor 70-200 f:2.8. I carry a rather ancient (late '70s) 18mm f:3.5 AI rectilinear ultra-wide, a 50mm f:1.8 AF from the early 90s, and, when necessary, a Micro Nikkor 105 2.8 AF. The wonderful Nikkor Q 50mm f:1.4 I got on my first Nikkormat in 1968 occasionally makes an appearance when its ultra-shallow DOF and great bokeh are required. That 45-year-old lens does just fine on the 10-month-old D800...

The D800s both double as video acquisition bodies, behind a pair of Sony Z1s. Two AtomOS Samurai recorders on the Z1s and a Ninja2 on one D800 capture everything to SSD or HDD in ProRes 422/HQ, with the second D800 usually in "run-and-gun" mode, with a wide lens, capturing H.264 to the internal SDHC card. Manfrotto tripods and small fluid-like heads suffice for support.

As to onsite photos… I concur with His Most Exalted Remoteness that I'll do exactly what there is time to do within the schedule of the audio recording job. If there's time and if there was schlepping bandwidth to roll in the 45-pound LowePro, I'll happily shoot reference/archive shots with a D800. Otherwise, it's the iPhone… which, when employed with sufficient care, is a surprisingly competent capture device.

Mileage may vary… but these tools work exceedingly well for me, on a daily basis.

HB

Here's a sample from Moldova last week: light was the iPhone, weak diffuse daylight from the window, and (4) bare 100w lamps high on the walls of this orphanage's gym. D800w/24-120, ISO6400, 1/[email protected]:4.0, Auto WB.
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-samplesample2.jpg  

Last edited by hbphotoav; 6th January 2014 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: added photo...
Old 6th January 2014
Here for the gear
Thanks for the response, Steve! I'll look forward to that thread. Exciting stuff!

C
Old 1st February 2014
Super Moderator

I'm really digging the Lawo mc2 66 desk that's parked in Elroy for training and evaluation.

IMHO, Lawo is the digital desk with an analog mindset.

There's a button and encoder for everything (I'd ever need.)
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-_lawo-_2983.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-_lawo-1351407149_o.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_5813.jpg   What's on your digital camera?-img_5835.jpg  
Old 15th July 2014
Gear Addict
Experimenting 8/8 MS, needed extra counterweight.
Well .... it worked :-)
Attached Thumbnails
What's on your digital camera?-20140715_204133.jpg  
Old 15th July 2014
Super Moderator

Hey, as long as the end result was what you order, it's all good in my book.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search