The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...
Old 6th October 2019
Super Moderator

The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...

01 On location on Atlantic Beach with Tiny Big Mobile setup as a voice over & interview space

02 Tiny Big Mobile rawks as an on location ADR & mobile voice over booth!

03 Sometimes a 'tiny' approach yields the bigger resolve

04 On location 'Pre-Record' van

05 TBM & TBU outside pair up

06 TBM outside front at Newport Folk Festival

07 TBM outside rear at Newport Folk Festival

08 Tiny Big Mobile indeed!

09 TBM outside driverside windows

10 TBM outside passengerside windows

11 TBM outside driverside view of console

12 TBM inside wide shot

13 TBM inside center view

14 TBM inside daytime view

15 TBM inside nighttime view

16 TBM at Farm Aid 2018

17 TBM inside view from driverside window

18 LCR on TBM

19 TBM inside view from passengerside door

20 TBM inside view of MADI Record Rack

21 Mobile ADR

22 Mobile ADR with small record rig

23 Mobile ADR test in TBM

24 Mobile ADR booth

25 Mobile ADR Booth money shot!

26 Mobile ADR view from booth

28 On location mobile ADR on a Red Hook soundstage set

29 Holding for talent in Red Hook on board the Tiny Big Mobile

30 ADR booth is cleared, and ready to accept the principal recording equipment for a multiple day live broadcast

31 Some of that (Kooster's son) Tyler action goin' on here!

32 Tyler and Graham doin' the do on board Tiny Big Mobile

33 A quick test in Durham, NC for a dual record, 128 track video shoot while we hold for our support vehicle

34 Tiny Big Mobile in the DPAC long dock in Durham, NC

...Any questions?
Attached Thumbnails
The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-01-location-atlantic-beach-tiny-big-mobile-setup-voice-over-interview-space.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-02-tiny-big-mobile-rawks-location-adr-mobile-voice-over-booth-.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-03-sometimes-tiny-approach-yields-bigger-resolve.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-04-location-pre-record-van.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-05-tbm-tbu-outside-pair-up.jpg  

The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-06-tbm-outside-front-newport-folk-festival.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-07-tbm-outside-rear-newport-folk-festival.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-08-tiny-big-mobile-indeed-.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-09-tbm-outside-driverside-windows.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-10-tbm-outside-passengerside-windows.jpg  

The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-11-tbm-outside-driverside-view-console.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-12-tbm-inside-wide-shot.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-13-tbm-inside-center-view.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-14-tbm-inside-daytime-view.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-15-tbm-inside-nighttime-view.jpg  

The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-16-tbm-farm-aid-2018.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-17-tbm-inside-view-driverside-window.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-18-lcr-tbm.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-19-tbm-inside-view-passengerside-door.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-20-tbm-inside-view-madi-record-rack.jpg  

The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-21-mobile-adr.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-22-mobile-adr-small-record-rig.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-23-mobile-adr-tbm.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-24-mobile-adr-booth.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-25-mobile-adr-booth-money-shot-.jpg  

The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-26-mobile-adr-view-booth.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-27-mobile-adr-enginner.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-26-mobile-adr-view-booth.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-28-location-mobile-adr-red-hook-soundstage-set.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-29-holding-talent-red-hook-board-tiny-big-mobile.jpg  

The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-30-adr-booth-cleared-ready-accept-principal-recording-equipment-multiple-da.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-31-some-tyler-action-goin-here-.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-32-tyler-graham-doin-do-board-tiny-big-mobile.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-33-quick-test-while-we-hold-our-support-vehicle.jpg   The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...-34-tiny-big-mobile-long-dock.jpg  

Old 16th October 2019
Lives for gear

All your rigs are cool but this is my fave so far, the on I'm the most envious of. Since most Big Recording seems to be done in urban environments and those environments get tougher and more remote-unfriendly every day I am very impressed at how you've adapted, in style!
Old 16th October 2019
Super Moderator

Thanks for much for saying that, Phil! Truly appreciate our friendship over the years.

Yes, I'm very fond of the Tiny Big Mobile. It's great on long trips too. No weight stations. No log book entries.

TBM is quite invisible in urban environments. You can park it in a client's or artist's driveway and it's gets neutralized within the neighborhood.

The big truck scene still works on big shows where you can park the truck in the loading dock and such.

I needed to adapted to say relevant, why not do it in style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
All your rigs are cool but this is my fave so far, the on I'm the most envious of. Since most Big Recording seems to be done in urban environments and those environments get tougher and more remote-unfriendly every day I am very impressed at how you've adapted, in style!
Old 16th October 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah you look like an Amazon truck, only cleaner! I'm just so weary of the "find a space inside the venue + load-in+out" thing by now that I seriously pine for a recording truck, not that most of my clients would pay us enough to have one pencil out!
Old 20th October 2019
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah you look like an Amazon truck, only cleaner! I'm just so weary of the "find a space inside the venue + load-in+out" thing by now that I seriously pine for a recording truck, not that most of my clients would pay us enough to have one pencil out!

Phil,

When you said, "Amazon truck" did you mean those electric trucks Amazon purchased from startup Rivian? If so, those trucks look bad-arse!

Yeah, the find a spot in the venue and load in and out can be a drag, yet you have to do what you have to do. We have many different solutions for our portable rig workflow needs.
Old 20th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Phil,

When you said, "Amazon truck" did you mean those electric trucks Amazon purchased from startup Rivian? If so, those trucks look bad-arse!

Yeah, the find a spot in the venue and load in and out can be a drag, yet you have to do what you have to do. We have many different solutions for our portable rig workflow needs.
No--all the Amazon trucks where I live are Sprinter-style rigs that look like yours, only dirty, dented, with bald tires and driven by sleep-deprived dudes who are constantly being harassed to move faster. But there are a lot of them, so your little remote would blend in well on an urban street. When I had my Transit Connect (older chicken tax version) I did have some issues in the city with the height of parking garages, esp those in newer buildings, re: the height of the van.
Old 20th October 2019
Super Moderator

Oh, I get it now, those Amazon Sprinter vans. Yes, my Ford Transit looks similar to a Sprinter for sure.

With or without those Amazon "trucks" driving around, my Tiny Bog Mobile still blends in well on any urban street.

My buddy just purchased a Ford Transit Connect, and it didn't seem that tall of a vehicle. Perhaps, you got the extended height version. It looks like his version can park pretty much in and parking garage.

Quote:
No--all the Amazon trucks where I live are Sprinter-style rigs that look like yours, only dirty, dented, with bald tires and driven by sleep-deprived dudes who are constantly being harassed to move faster. But there are a lot of them, so your little remote would blend in well on an urban street. When I had my Transit Connect (older chicken tax version) I did have some issues in the city with the height of parking garages, esp those in newer buildings, re: the height of the van.
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

The new version USA-made FTCs offer a choice of rooflines (good). Mine was from the old made-in-Turkey stock that was so common in Europe for many years, and was only avail in the "humpy-tall" config. Some good things about the height: my Yamaha console in its roadcase and a folded up Magliner could fit inside on their ends--saved a lot of floor space. It was, as you know, nicer to work in with the added, less "hunchy" height. But the SF city parking garage height-limit thing got to be a real issue: the thing was as tall as a full size van, even if it was very narrow (based on a Ford Focus pan). They also never figured the doors out. If you opened the split rear doors and then the side-sliders, the doors would bang into each other. I had paid extra to get the split rear doors that folded back flat against the sides, only to find that when I did that the side doors couldn't be opened. Ford did a few bonehead things in the motor (plastic water impeller, that melted at a very in opportune moment), but I'd still be driving it if I hadn't been nuked by a guy texting while driving an E350 loaded with tile. Those "crumple zones" work, but the insurance co demurred on a $13k body work bill to fix it, so its gone.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

thanks for taking the time to show me around the new step up
love your transit van setup it sounds great for its size
Old 4 weeks ago
Super Moderator

Anytime Fuzzy George!

I hope to finish the acoustic treatments to the side and rear doors next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
thanks for taking the time to show me around the new step up
love your transit van setup it sounds great for its size

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search