The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
One For Steve Remote
Old 12th December 2015
Gear Head

Hi Steve
Thanks for sharing the stunning pictures. Looks like the future will be in smaller units like this, Here in the UK even the main broadcasters are using this size of truck for their audio
Old 12th December 2015
Super Moderator

I want to show you folks our progress as of late.

This Tiny Big Mobile is starting to shape up quite nicely if I do say so myself...

The closer I look the more inviting this new mobile unit looks to me.
I see it competed in my mind and it's freakin' awesome!

I added some blank panels to see how the vertical I/O racks looked. Check out the closeups of the driver side peak-a-boo and middle windows plus the passenger and driver side vertical racks.

In one of the images, I was playing around with the front wall sound blankets while we were tidying up the vehicle and shop. I came up will a cool way to address this part of the control cabin.

The entrance step is on the short list of things to get done next. Another item on the short list is finishing the bay window and vertical rack system which will be installed just to the right of the bay window frame. LED indicators will be installed so you can see certain information from outside the (driver side of the) vehicle.

A fair amount of work has been done to This Tiny Big Mobile as of late. I look forward in doing more work to this truck once we nail our block of mixing and on location live capture events.
Attached Thumbnails
One For Steve Remote-01_people-were-involved-today..jpg   One For Steve Remote-02_added-some-blank-panels-see-how-vertical-i-o-racks-look..jpg   One For Steve Remote-03_closeup-driver-side-peak-boo-middle-windows..jpg   One For Steve Remote-04_closeup-driver-side-peak-boo-window..jpg   One For Steve Remote-05_this-little-big-mobile-starting-shape-up-quite-nicely-if-i-do-say-so-myself..jpg  

One For Steve Remote-06_a-close-up-little-big-mobiles-passenger-side-vertical-rack..jpg   One For Steve Remote-07_the-little-big-mobiles-driver-side-vertically-rack-isnt-too-shabby-either-if-i-do-say-so-my.jpg   One For Steve Remote-08_a-fair-amount-work-got-done-little-big-mobile-late.-i-look-forward-nex.jpg   One For Steve Remote-09_playing-around-front-wall-sound-blankets-while-tidying-up-vehicle-shop..jpg   One For Steve Remote-10_taking-closer-look-how-well-tiny-big-mobile-shaping-up-.jpg  

One For Steve Remote-11_the-entrance-step-short-list-things-get-done-now-.jpg   One For Steve Remote-12_the-closer-i-look-more-inviting-new-mobile-unit-looks-me.-i-see-competed-i.jpg   One For Steve Remote-13_another-item-short-list-finishing-bay-window-vertical-rack-system-wil.jpg  
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Hey Steve--where is your FTC mini truck project at? Did you finish it, and is it working out well?
Old 27th June 2016
Super Moderator

I seriously need to start a thread about 'Tiny Big Mobile!'

I've been meaning to get one started here, but we've been very busy getting it completed and ready for action.

That being said, the Transit van is now being booked and about 80% done. We are in the process of finishing the rest of the build-out in between gigs.

You can view the Facewaste photo album here...

https://www.facebook.com/steve.remot...2499307&type=3

Furthermore, it's everything I wanted it to be and even more...

I'm extremely happy with how it turned out!

IMHO, the finishing touches will take it over the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Hey Steve--where is your FTC mini truck project at? Did you finish it, and is it working out well?
Attached Thumbnails
One For Steve Remote-mobile-control-cabin-view-.jpg   One For Steve Remote-mobile-room-view....jpg   One For Steve Remote-fooling-tools-point-pleasant-nj.jpg   One For Steve Remote-looking-inside-universe-tiny-b.-m..jpg   One For Steve Remote-outside-looking-....jpg  

One For Steve Remote-tiny-big-mobile-point-pleasant-beach-nj-.jpg   One For Steve Remote-tiny-big-mobile-b-unit....jpg  
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

You'd better beam me up, Scotty.
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear
Didnt realise the Transit had reached the states!
This was the defacto gigging van in the 70s and beyond
Even had a series with Rick Wakeman on BBC 4
Roger
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
I seriously need to start a thread about 'Tiny Big Mobile!'

I've been meaning to get one started here, but we've been very busy getting it completed and ready for action.

That being said, the Transit van is now being booked and about 80% done. We are in the process of finishing the rest of the build-out in between gigs.

You can view the Facewaste photo album here...

https://www.facebook.com/steve.remot...2499307&type=3

Furthermore, it's everything I wanted it to be and even more...

I'm extremely happy with how it turned out!

IMHO, the finishing touches will take it over the top!
Please do it!!
Terrific job Steve! Congratz!
Next time I'm in NY I'll shoot you a line..

Cheu
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

Hi Steve, build out is great. Can you comment a bit about air conditioning and power, especially when your parked near a tv/film set.
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear

Recording in a warehouse with cement walls and a metal ceiling?! You'd have to be magic to make that work. Sheesh. Where's Christine, Connloyalist, who has a nosebleed venue like that. She needs to know your secret(s).
Old 16th October 2019
Super Moderator

Here's a link to the Tiny Big Mobile thread...

The Tiny Big Mobile has been quite flexible...
Old 8th November 2019
Gear Maniac

seen this van just the other day

steve played me some stuff he mixed in there and it sounds great for its compact size

i listened to the tracks at the hq and the mixes seem to translate well
Old 9th November 2019
Super Moderator

I still need to tighten up a few more things and TBM will be acoustically on point.

Oh, thanks for bringing those awesome pastries, George!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
seen this van just the other day

steve played me some stuff he mixed in there and it sounds great for its compact size

i listened to the tracks at the hq and the mixes seem to translate well
📝 Reply