The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments sucks at customer service
Old 29th January 2011
Gear Head

My Maschine has been back in Germany for about 3 months now and I was told that I would be getting a replacement over 1 month ago.
NI are an absolute shambles!
I would strongly say that if you are considering buying a drum machine, do your very best to avoid NI.
Old 30th January 2011
NI is the worse people

Everyone I know that own native instrument products has horror stories when dealing with their customer service! They are the worse! Rude as baby **** on the dinner table!
Old 24th April 2011
Gear Nut

I'm trying to upgrade from Traktor Scratch Duo to Scratch Pro and have had a hell of a time. I'm not computer illiterate and have dealt with driver issues and other studio nonsense before but this is F&^king annoying! I'm now wishing I went with Final Scratch... Website sucks as does the "knowledge center". Does anyone have their customer support number in the US?
Old 20th December 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsharpent View Post
Everyone I know that own native instrument products has horror stories when dealing with their customer service! They are the worse! Rude as baby **** on the dinner table!
You ain't kiddin. They lay the geekier than thou attitude so thick with me it's so ridiculous.
Old 20th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldmixforfood View Post
Tweet John Dahlback, he can get you a serial.

(Don't do that, it was a joke. Pretty bad one I admit, I apologize)
its not a bad joke at all. just puts things in perspective lol.
Old 20th January 2012
Lives for gear

Via phone in my experience NI tech support in the USA is actually very good. I am a long time user, I have upgraded many times, different Macs, transferred licenses etc... if I've ever had an issue, install problem etc... they have gotten it solved immediately.
About 5 years ago my I had all kinds of problems w/ my NI products on a G5 system that was very bad,the tech was baffled, within about 3 phone calls and 3 or 4 hours of time the tech enlisted 2 other colleagues ( senior techs i guess)to team up w/ him and they solved the issues, no runaround, no BS and they were extremely helpful,knowledgable and in 1 word they were great!!
I do agree contacting via email does not usually get great results, I always use the phone & ymmv but I actually like NI tech support.
Old 20th January 2012
Lives for gear

I have had both good and bad experiencs with NI.

Once, a couple of years ago, I was trying to figure out what was going on with Kontakt. The L.A. tech rep started off nice, but as soon as he came to the realization that he didn't have enough knowledge about Kontakt to be able to understand what I was trying to say, he got frustrated, and wound up hanging up the phone on me. Great way to treat your customers!

I have also had good experiences, with people being friendly and helpful.

It all depends on who you get, and how much they really know.

It's not a cultural thing. There are stubborn and arrogant asshole Germans, just as there stubborn and arrogant asshole Americans, as well as there are stubborn and arrogant asshole Chinese, and stubborn and arrogant asshole Spaniards, etc. Every race/religion/nationality has cool people, and every race/religion/nationality has assholes. It's just the way of the world.
Old 20th January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc View Post
I am sorry you are having a problem with NI but I have dealt with NI tech support via phone many times (different issues) over the years and I have actually always found them to be excellent.
I had an issue last year with one of their products. I emailed customer support and then decided to call them. My issue was resolved in a five minute phone call (minimal wait time). Three weeks later I received a response about my (resolved) issue via email.
Old 12th April 2012
Gear Head

NI customer support is really bad!

Their website doesn't even autogenerate email on filling in support-tickets. Come on, that 's the least that should work.
I'm having a simple question regarding one of their products prior to buying.
They don't even bother to respond. Unbelievable!!
Old 15th November 2012
Gear Head

I've had issues with them as well
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear
Their plugins constantly de-authorize themselves on my computer. Loathe their copy protection system. Calling and emailing results in LONG wait times. Decent products, horrible service.
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc View Post
I am sorry you are having a problem with NI but I have dealt with NI tech support via phone many times (different issues) over the years and I have actually always found them to be excellent.
I agree, I've used NI since K4 and have had very few issues with NI tech support, they are a great company and IMO they have excellent tech support... I hope your future issues are solved quickly and you have a more enjoyable experience... Cheers!
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Logan View Post
Their plugins constantly de-authorize themselves on my computer. Loathe their copy protection system. Calling and emailing results in LONG wait times. Decent products, horrible service.

Never, ever happened to me and I'm a long time NI user. What did they say was the explanation?
Old 25th November 2012
Lives for gear
Glad your experience has been better, Stiff. The ones I've had trouble with are Elektrik Piano and Akoustik Piano - both old plugs at this point. The solution is to load them in Kontakt, which is more feature limited. Took me a while to arrive at that solution with customer service, and still not ideal.

That said, I do like both those sample sets.
Old 31st October 2013
DNR
Gear Nut

horrible cs. hands down the rudest and least helpful I have ever encountered. it was hard not to be rude in return.

***UPDATE BELOW***
Old 3rd November 2013
Ill chime in here too. Good products let down by crappy authorization management and the aforementioned ****ty customer service.

I purchased T-Racks sometime ago but hadn't used it for a while, at least a few years.
Logged into my NI account recently and saw I had some "free upgrades." Cool. Downloaded them for both AU (Logic Pro) and RTAS formats.

The AU one's simply wouldn't work and this is from someone who has basically all kinds of AU freeware and has plenty of experience installing.

The RTAS ones did eventually work (after some BS authorization crap) but the "upgrades" were simply demo versions that kept inserting white noise, despite me authorizing them again, and again and again.

Lame. Uninstalled and am not worrying about their stuff anymore. Wouldn't purchase again. There is plenty of other stuff out there that is as good as, or better than NI. Kontact player is great but in my experience, a total resource hog (understatement) and for what I do, not worth using to justify the headaches.
Old 14th November 2013
Gear Nut

I guess my day has come when I can add to this thread.

I purchased Komplete 9 Ultimate from Guitar Center 2 weeks ago. It was new, in a sealed box. When I installed it, I couldn't register, because the NI Service Center determined that the serial number was already in use. It took 5 days for NI to respond to me. They told me to try to register again, that it seems like a server issue on their part, that should be fixed by now. Tried, same problem. Send another email. 2 days later, I am told that it's definitely in use by someone else, to provide a packet of documents to them to verify I am a legitimate purchaser. Did that, they are now "investigating". No one knows how long this will take. They did not provide me with a temp serial number so I can start working. No ETA on how long I have to wait.

So now I have a $1,000 brick sitting on my desk, waiting for an "investigation" to be completed.

I have a friend with a hacked version of Komplete 9 Ultimate that he bought in Penn Station for $40. Works like a charm. He can't stop laughing at me. I hate doing the right thing and still feeling like a schmuck.
Old 15th November 2013
Please stop whining and complaining.
Old 15th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
You are in the wrong subsection.
Old 14th December 2013
DNR
Gear Nut

Just got off the phone with NI. Rather they hung up on me... wow!!

i bought a maschine second hand from an estate sale. Needless to say the dude who owned it can't cancel or transfer his software serial number on account of his being dead and whatnot. I have been trying to get some kind of answer from NI about what I can do. Apparently, without the previous owner's authorization (or his estate's executor, with whom I have no contact) the Maschine is a glorified paper weight. I have offered to pay money to buy the software but to no avail. I now own largely disabled midi controller.

The saddest thing is, despite me trying to pay money to NI to get working on their product, I have been forced by the company itself to seek out a cracked version to use. I suppose the anti-piracy policies they keep aren't working. I never use cracked versions of anything in my studio and I would gladly pay for it if possible but there is no recourse for my situation. So weird.

Long story short:

1) buyers beware of NI support. call or email them assuming they think you are 5 years old.

2) I'll never deal with this company again, it just isn't worth the aggravation and the rude and condescending emails and phone conversations.
Old 14th December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Just got off the phone with NI. Rather they hung up on me... wow!!

i bought a maschine second hand from an estate sale. Needless to say the dude who owned it can't cancel or transfer his software serial number on account of his being dead and whatnot. I have been trying to get some kind of answer from NI about what I can do. Apparently, without the previous owner's authorization (or his estate's executor, with whom I have no contact) the Maschine is a glorified paper weight. I have offered to pay money to buy the software but to no avail. I now own largely disabled midi controller.

The saddest thing is, despite me trying to pay money to NI to get working on their product, I have been forced by the company itself to seek out a cracked version to use. I suppose the anti-piracy policies they keep aren't working. I never use cracked versions of anything in my studio and I would gladly pay for it if possible but there is no recourse for my situation. So weird.

Long story short:

1) buyers beware of NI support. call or email them assuming they think you are 5 years old.

2) I'll never deal with this company again, it just isn't worth the aggravation and the rude and condescending emails and phone conversations.
Isn't it their right to set their own terms? So you got it 2nd hand, wasn't aware of their policies (in that YOU didn't do the research) and now that is their fault and makes it ok to pirate.

For all they know you stole it (I don't believe you did just making a point), like you are threatening to steal their software.
Old 17th January 2014
Gear Nut

Native Instruments Very poor Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPayer View Post
My Maschine has been back in Germany for about 3 months now and I was told that I would be getting a replacement over 1 month ago.
NI are an absolute shambles!
I would strongly say that if you are considering buying a drum machine, do your very best to avoid NI.
I'm too having difficulties with NI. Bought an upgrade for Komplete Ultimate 8 to V9. Got the drive. Could not install. Turns out its a faulty drive. They say somebody will be in touch. Did not hear anything for 3 days. Sent multiple emails. Heard nothing. So I started a new thread with Customer service explaining I want a new drive ASAP as I am running a business. I get a one line email "Sorry for the delay in coming back to you".

Ever since I'm getting computer generated emails. No replies from human beings! I'll think twice before buying more NI gear.
Old 21st January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Logan View Post
Oh I hear that...
I have a dual boot Mac (OSX.6.8 and OSX8.5) and their Service Center automatically over-wrote all my Reaktor Synths for the more current OS... But now I cannot re-install the older plug-ins on my Snow Leopard set-up (which is my main music-making set-up) because it doesn't want to let me.
3 emails into their black-hole of non-existent Customer Support and I can't use the plug-ins that used to work great.
I am so disgusted with NI, that I'm avoiding them for the time being.
Old 24th March 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richierich View Post
NI has done right by me. You want to talk bad customer service, you can do much worse than NI.
If NI did you good, then you are an exception. NI Customer Service is really an unique catastrophy..
I live in Germany and here the service should be quicker, even better. BUT IT ISN'T.
It's really a question of cultural dimension: in this country good service is quite rare.
Old 24th March 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
Why should somebody stop complaining if they're right ? NI sucks in a "grandiose" way.
Old 24th March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Martin View Post
If NI did you good, then you are an exception. NI Customer Service is really an unique catastrophy..
I live in Germany and here the service should be quicker, even better. BUT IT ISN'T.
It's really a question of cultural dimension: in this country good service is quite rare.
The Germans probably believe in making the products so good that there couldn't possibly have anything wrong with their products!
I hope you are not the real Max Martin! Wouldn't look good for NI.

But in all fairness to NI, they make really good stuff.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search