The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Musicians Friend Problem. Anyone Have An Executive's Contact Info?
Old 10th March 2008
Gear Nut

Musicians Friend Problem. Anyone Have An Executive's Contact Info?

I bought something from Musicians' Friend in the begining of February, it qualified for a 3 months same as cash promo offer. Someone at Musician's Friend screwed up and HSBC is charging me $35.49 in late fees and finance charges. I've called MF three times now, and everytime they say the will be taking care of it. This morning I spoke with a "Supervisor".

I thought I remembered reading here somewhere about someone who had a similar problem and had one one of the MF's executives contact info. Can anyone help and provide that to me?

Thanks
Old 10th March 2008
i can't do much but empathize with ya! i learned my lesson not to buy from them about a year ago and have never looked back! you really can't expect much from a company run by guitar center!
Old 10th March 2008
Gear nut

have you tried talking to HSBC directly?I have found sometimes they are more sympathetic, because MF "sells" the contract to the CC/Finance company .Also do you still have your first statement? Did you notice the 3 months finance on it ? You will need that as ammunition, if it was not there and you missed the mistake then you might have more of a problem making a case
good luck none the less...
Old 24th April 2008
Gear interested

Red face Sorry for the hassle

Dennis,

Hi, I'm Bob, an employee at Musician's Friend. I came across this thread and talked it over with the guys at the Call Center. We're pretty bummed that you got screwed around like this.

First, my own personal apologies for what sounds like an accounting screw-up -- human or system error, I'm not sure.

Secondly, I know the issue dates back a ways, but if you haven't had this or any other issue taken care of to your satisfaction take a moment when you have time and contact our special resolution team: forums ( at ) musiciansfriend ( dot ) com [note anti-spam]. They have the experience and the authority to straighten out anything, on the spot. Send your name, address, phone number, or other info, like order number, so that they can find you in our transaction system. They'll get back to you, 100% guaranteed.

Again, we have no excuse for this kind of mistake, but we'll do what it takes to make it right.

Bob (at Musician's Friend)
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search