The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Condenser microphone body, with lowcut filters on switches. Original mic had a 7 pin "Tonader" connector and 12V power, but can be modded with an XLR for 48V Phantom power with aftermarket solution. The M94, M93, M70, M71 and M90 capsules can be used on this body. Made in the former Neumann factories in the DDR (East-Germany) during the eightties. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, Gefell made a small number of these microphone bodies with an XLR connector and suitable for 48V phantom power.

Discussions

gefell mv 691/692 questions

I love the m582 will take it anytime on 692... after mod both this mics are really not noisy. the um70 will work great with mv692 with the m582 it will NOT do figure of 8!

View Post

Help me choose a Gefell...

...M930 . Yes, the MT71s is a fixed cardioid version of the UMT70S. These mics follow lineage from the UM70S/MV692's which are "cult classic" mics. However, these are not the same thing as those vintage mics, as Gefell has modernized the MV692 amplifier to make it lower in noise, and higher headroom before distortion....

View Post

Anything better than km184s/84s for OHs?!

Thanks for weighing in dude (and everyone!) I'll really need to try a pair of KM76s!

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?