The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Multi-capsule condenser microphone system. It has a broad cardioid pattern to cover wide or moving sound sources. It has a suppression of undesirable reflections on the vertical axis.

Discussions

What's a piece of gear that gave you the Wow factor

...All Fearn gear, NPNG preamps, Mercury gear especially the M66, All RETRO gear, Horch RM2J, Microtech Gefell CMV563/M7S, UM900, M221, KEM970, Bricasti M7, All JCF Audio Gear, Alta-Moda Unicomp, Electronaut m63, InnerTube Atomic Squeeze Box, AEA 44's, KU4, Coles 4038, 4040, Focal, ATC speakers, Quested V2108's, 3110's...Greg Hanks BA660, Great River MM20, Great River...

View Post

Schoeps MK 41 or Sennheiser MKH 8050 for vocals

As Mr Willet says 2 mics do not make a line array, his KEM 970 is. However its hardly a boomists delight... I recorded MS dialog for many years,MKH 60/30 exteriors.50/30 interiors ,it worked very well, better I think than 2 MKH 8040s.

View Post

Schoeps MK 41 or Sennheiser MKH 8050 for vocals

...on the original design and I'll post a link if I can find it. The new KEM 975 replaces the old KEM 970 - the new one has lower self-noise and the optional Delta capsule increased the directivity at low frequencies. NB: this is not an alternative to the suggestion of using two cardioid or hyper-cardioid...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?