The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The ULN-8 from Metric Halo is an extremely high-quality digital audio interface with on-board DSP processing for Apple computers. It can be used to record audio in the field or in the studio, and it packs a lot of power for mixing and mastering in stereo and multiple surround sound formats, including 7.1. It offers the utmost in sound quality, while remaining ultra-portable, easy to use, and unwaveringly powerful. The eight on-board microphone preamps are of unusually high-quality for a portable device of this kind. The ULN-8 ships the v.5 mixer, a software mixing engine with "character" options on every channel. The character options are models of analog circuits, vintage tubes, FETs, transformers, etc. You can use the ULN-8 in stand alone mode if you just want to utilize its premium preamplifers, or for format conversion. If you need more I/O and DSP power, you can link up to 3 ULN-8's together. It can also link with Metric Halo's other hardware interfaces, the ULN-2 and 2882. The purchase of a ULN-8 includes a full license to +DSP, Metric Halo's dedicated signal processing software. The front panel of the ULN-8 offers comprehensive metering, with 16 meters and a total of 495 bi-color LEDs. The extensive digital and analog I/O on the back panel is carried out with DB-25 connectors with Tascam/Digidesign pinouts. The ULN-8 is compatible with OSX 10.3.9 or newer, and plays well with both Intel and PPC processors. For power users who understand the benefits that can be reaped in a quality piece of equipment, the ULN-8 is a well-rounded solution that offers uncompromising audio quality in a travel friendly package.

Discussions

Calling metric halo 3D card where are you

...which required constant software updates and fixes and costly hardware updates, but it is in fact my current rig: a ULN-8 and 2882 2d Expanded combo. This system works perfectly right now (better than the ProTools rig ever did) and although I look forward to the advertised features of the 3d upgrade, there's...

View Post

Metric Halo 3D Is Here

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it... So I have a ULN-8 and a ULN-2, just purchased the 3D cards. I use 4x 500 series preamps at the moment going in to line channels (2 on the ULN 8, 2 on the ULN 2 with the ULN 2 going into the AES input...

View Post

Metric Halo 3D Is Here

Does it do it with all the different input types? (i.e., mic, line, etc.) PS Glad we got Henry's status cleared up... :lol:

View Post