The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Metric Halo ULN-8 3d is a 24-bit / 192 kHz USB Type-C audio interface offering eight preamps and inserts, multichannel digital I/O, DSP-powered mixing, and software control for musicians, engineers, and producers in studios and mobile setups. Its integrated dual-core DSP powers a variety of plug-ins—the included DSP+ license unlocks over 100 of them—without burdening your computer's CPU. Robust software ensures easy access to multitrack recording, mixing, monitoring, and more. The ULN-8 3d's eight microphone preamps are fed by DB25 mic/line inputs and two 1/4" Hi-Z DI inputs. All eight preamps feature phantom power, up to 91.5 dB of gain, and front-panel gain controls. Analog outputs include eight line outs via DB25, and a 1/4" headphone jack, which can be affected by the front-panel volume, mute, and dim functions. The ULN-8 also accommodates up to eight pieces of analog outboard gear via balanced inserts. Properly synchronize with other equipment through the BNC word clock jacks and 1/4" SMPTE I/O. The 5-pin DIN connectors allow hookup of a MIDI control surface. Consolidate audio, clock, and data I/O with other 3d-equipped Metric Halo interfaces via the RJ45 MH Link ports. The ULN-8 3d connects to a compatible Mac, Windows, iOS, or Linux device via the supplied USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable. Power it with the included power supply or via a 4-pin XLR power system (available separately).

Discussions

Metric Halo 3D Is Here

I'm really excited for this new technology but I have a couple of questions. I'd like to use my uln-8 3D as a 8xDA converter but also send 2xAES audio to another converter at the same time. All the signals will be mixed in an analog summing device. As every converter will take a different...

View Post

Metric Halo ULN-8 3d vs. Apollo x8p

I have both and the ULN-8 3D is a high end level product. The mic preamps are in an entirely different league above the Apollo. The conversion is more musical and less cold/clinical than the Apollo X. Only reason to go Apollo is if you had lots of great outboard gear and for some...

View Post

Yamaha MODX

I was disappointed as well on many of the multisamples. Not that I intended to use them for recording, and I suppose they're fine for live gigging. And everything drenched in that captain obvious reverb. The first thing Dom (sigalas (Yamaha advocate) does in several of his Montage tutorial videos is turn...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?