The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

OVERVIEW Ramp up the filth factor! The black sheep of Maxon's 9-Series, the Sonic Distortion offers a convincing balance between transistor and op-amp characteristics. The unique Low Boost/Hi Boost tone control offers plenty of beef while the output and distortion knobs dish out up to 55dB of vicious gain boost. At low-gain settings, the SD-9 functions perfectly as a full-frequency overdrive. Crank the gain and get gut-wrenching grind and singing sustain that'll turn a clean amp dirty and a dirty amp downright evil. Features true bypass, die-cast zinc case, and 3-year warranty. FEATURES Convincing balance between transistor and op-amp characteristics Unique Low Boost/Hi Boost tone control offers plenty of beef Output and distortion knobs dish out up to 55dB of vicious gain boost True bypass switching Die-cast zinc case AC/DC operation (order optional Maxon AC210N adapter) 3-year warranty

Discussions

Bass distortion and other fun tricks

MXR Phase 90 -> Analogman Maxon SD-9 -> DI.

View Post

Line 6 Helix

...ample room for my ambience-obsessed imagination, and even the drive pedals are NAILS. For starters, they actually modeled a Maxon SD-9. That may not mean much to many people, but to some people (Mike Landau freaks) it just means the world. I spent an afternoon going back and forth between my well-worn Maxon pedal...

View Post

Behringer Eurorack Modular

I think I will have to buy them. 808 and 909 Analog Drum Voice modules. BD-8, BD-9, SD-8, SD-9, 3T-8, 3T-9, CL-8, CL-9, RS-8, RS-9, HH-8, CY-8 A 4-Slot Monophonic PCM Sample playback module with different Depth/Rate options and the basic PCM parameters of a Volca Sample. A PCM oscillator with sample loop start and stop. TB-303...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?