The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started having all kinds of problems after installing this software. WL would lock up and plugins would stop working. I...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 34 views: 1,452
Hermetech Mastering 3 weeks ago

Hi folks, Anyone got or used a HCL Thermos? From what I gather it's a 4 band parametric mastering EQ based on the Barry Porter...

audiomaster
replies: 29 views: 3,965
copiapoa 3 weeks ago

Hi, I will be very happy to get your advice / opinion. We need to choose a 6 channels multi-DAC. We have pre-selected : -...

dziki
replies: 11 views: 837
dziki 3 weeks ago

I've long been interested in parallel processing during mastering, but only find myself using it digitally and cautiously. I'm...

B Elgin
replies: 55 views: 2,760
B Elgin 3 weeks ago

Hello folks, I need a master buss compressor. I’ve found these two and both have the exact same price (used of course). My...

A.Riza
replies: 1 views: 602
teebaum 3 weeks ago

Hello, Whilst I'm trying to get in to a mastering facility as a trainee, I've been carrying out extensive research into the...

fragment67
replies: 2 views: 639
fragment67 3 weeks ago

I just ordered one of these Finished Relay Volume controller / Balanced Potentiometer / Balanced preamp | eBay. It took 6 weeks...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 52 views: 3,082
da goose 3 weeks ago
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering

Hi all, I'm thinking about adding the optional keyboard shelf to my Sterling Plan A. I don't have a great deal of space before...

Hippocratic Mastering
replies: 3 views: 663
carbon 4 weeks ago

as no digital tape emulation really satisfies me and i have little experience with hardware tape emulations, i would like to ask...

teebaum
replies: 90 views: 8,820
Atlanta Bliss 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, I was curious as to how many of you tend to "LINK" your compressors (I know this tends to be compressor...

engmix
replies: 13 views: 1,821
macc 4 weeks ago

Has anyone got the files for running FinalCD on a Mac (on latest OS atm)? Can't seem to get it to work.. Also posted it...

whippoorwill
replies: 6 views: 1,251
loji 4 weeks ago

Id like to upgrade my AD/DA at some point with the latest Cranesong stuff, from current RME ADI-2 Pro, but can only afford about...

Kimotei
replies: 22 views: 1,591
Benoit D 4 weeks ago

Does anyone have experience with how the newer upgraded Lynx Aurora (n) line of converters stacks up against the Mytek Digital...

aleatoric
replies: 6 views: 1,837
sonicvisuals 4 weeks ago

While I will check at higher SPL levels here and there, I feel most comfortable working at lower (<70db) levels. Any...

Boxtone
replies: 20 views: 980
SmoothTone 4 weeks ago

Did some of you work with the new Gyraf G21 in a mastering sessions?

priko
replies: 25 views: 4,940
macc 4 weeks ago

Gyraf G24

Thought I'd start a thread on this one - had it in my rack for just under a week now. I wanted to write a proper review, but have...

macc
replies: 46 views: 6,224
macc 4 weeks ago

Contacted Izotope support but nothing yet, really slow support. Windows 10 all other applications working totally robust with...

SASMastering
replies: 3 views: 522
SASMastering 4 weeks ago

Files here: https://mega.nz/#F!InggRS4K!ztYVoN9G7H46yqF7TBYlOw]Mastering Compressor Comparison The compressors include: ADT...

SmoothTone
replies: 466 views: 73,257
b0se 4 weeks ago

Hello, I'm shopping for a pristine 2 channel DA converter just for monitoring purposes. Since I've read for years about it I'm...

OMU
replies: 50 views: 9,202
u87allen 4 weeks ago

I was on version 8.0 previously, and was not crazy about it. So I have stuck with Samplitude for mastering. I recently upgraded...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 46 views: 5,700
RixMix 4 weeks ago

With the rise of home studios and project studios it seems to be happening more and more that clients decide to revise a mix...

Trakworx
replies: 48 views: 2,713
Voivodinevampyr 4 weeks ago

Hi folks, I'd like to share a brief review of an exceptional compressor, the Vacuvox U23, in a mastering context. TBH I haven't...

finetuner
replies: 13 views: 2,294
GSOUND 14th December 2018

Hi, I think slowly the message is getting through and more bands are asking for some dynamics back to their music! but mostly...

Crizdee
replies: 30 views: 4,701
biksonije 14th December 2018

Hi all. I'm not sure what to look for, so I'm very stuck finding what I want. Here is what I'd like: (I've seen it before, but I...

jrhager84
replies: 24 views: 4,216
Samuelito 14th December 2018

thom wettstein and i did another comparison with compressors. but here we didn't try to match the devices to each other, we...

teebaum
replies: 44 views: 3,679
cheu78 13th December 2018

I have a pretty well controlled mixing/mastering room. It's worked fine for the past few years in terms of results, but i've...

fairchildren
replies: 1 views: 563
Avatar for Hippocratic Mastering
Hippocratic Mastering 13th December 2018

I have a tune that I wold like to speed up y 2% or maybe 3%. I don't want the pitch to change. I have tried Machfive 3 IRCAM,...

rosindabow
replies: 6 views: 610
haberdasher 13th December 2018

From Jonte's Facebook.... The mastering Vari Mu II has a facelift to match the Soma.... Must resist.....

nomatic
replies: 157 views: 32,353
JP__ 13th December 2018

Hi, I am looking for a new mastering EQ to complement my Elysia Xfilter, Pultec clone and TK-Lizer. Budget around...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 19 views: 1,894
Slug1 13th December 2018

What's up GS fam, I own the T Racks BrickWall Limiter & love it. Sold a few beats recently, enabling me the option to buy...

DontaBlack
replies: 26 views: 5,283
engmix 11th December 2018

My former thread about updates on ordering seems to have been deleted, so. . . Just ordered another case of RMGI SM900...

Plush
replies: 144 views: 20,623
Plush 10th December 2018

I can understand why the loud mastering but is it just me cause I can hardly listen to the odd dynamics.

cooker
replies: 2 views: 789
cooker 10th December 2018

If mastering a track what would be a moderate level. I know anything over 1.0 on Waves S1 begins to widen.

keano
replies: 1 views: 471
SmoothTone 10th December 2018

I like to keep as little in line as possible but am currently limited to my single speaker pair for monitoring and my headphone...

brijem
replies: 66 views: 8,570
GemCity 10th December 2018

Hello all, I am about to start mastering a jazz piece as part of my final year project, and would love some useful tips about...

UKstudent
replies: 18 views: 9,086
bmanic 10th December 2018

Hey guys, I was curious if any of you mastering guys would like to participate in a community shoot - out of all the limiters and...

joe_04_04
replies: 99 views: 20,804
Byron Pierce 9th December 2018

Hi, If I have a project in 24bit 48K and at the export stage I export to 24bit 96K instead of 24bit 48K, would there be a...

duriehill
replies: 4 views: 466
greg_moreira 9th December 2018

I tried and bought the Sonnox Dynamic Equalizer : Incredible transparency, M/S controls etc ... Transparency of the Sonnox...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 1 views: 635
melopie 8th December 2018

I don't usually do these sort of posts, but I feel as a longterm member of this board that I must make this review public....

MattGray
replies: 16 views: 1,837
Simon Klontz 8th December 2018

Would Ozone 8 Spectral Shaper be comparable to oeksound soothe at all; or is it more in the TDR DeEdger category? I can see it...

theMuzzl3
replies: 4 views: 788
lobsterinn 8th December 2018

Hello, My name is Joe and I'm a mastering engineer. I started 10 years ago right at the start of the native boom in...

Joe_caithness
replies: 14 views: 841
Joe_caithness 7th December 2018

2 danish companies offer since a few months tilt-eq's with comparable concepts. it would be great to know how different they...

teebaum
replies: 84 views: 11,974
teebaum 7th December 2018

Hey Folks, First, some disclaimers. For the sake of discussion, let's assume there is appropriate room treatment, appropriate...

GemCity
replies: 16 views: 983
teebaum 7th December 2018

Dear world, I am a proud owner of the Roger Foote/FCS P3S Stereo Compressor. This baby is smooth. I've demoed an SSL G-Bus...

Sophroneo
replies: 67 views: 13,292
Conundra 6th December 2018

I am actually having cognitive dissonance about this next post because I want to keep this box a secret weapon but the more...

nomatic
replies: 840 views: 115,577
swafford 4th December 2018

Hi, I am junior mastering engineer and I love live sound, mastering and hi-fi. I'm considering buying other gears for my small...

Piddizero
replies: 9 views: 1,104
biksonije 3rd December 2018

Some very famous records does sound a little bit thin/scooped in the mids to me. Any reason for this? I feel like some of the...

musicmixer04
replies: 21 views: 1,544
DrAudioBot 2nd December 2018

Here's a hypothetical job......... You are presented with 15 tracks. They have different volumes. Some are close to -1db...

Carbinax
replies: 48 views: 3,949
biksonije 2nd December 2018

I'm on a holiday right now (last couple of days) and I always like something to read and so I bought the 3rd edition of Bob...

da goose
replies: 92 views: 5,745
lowland 1st December 2018

Hi I have a track I mastered yesterday that required a lot of de-clicking etc in RX7. I saved the RX session but today I have...

F. Davis
replies: 24 views: 924
blanneau 1st December 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search